Jim Brown calls Trent Richarson "ordinary RB".

Options
d.green
d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in From the Cheap Seats

"I’m not overwhelmed with it," Brown said of Cleveland considering Richardson with the No. 4 overall pick. “The problem is that he’s ordinary."

Just before the draft, the Browns traded up to the No. 3 pick, ostensibly to acquire Richardson. They gave the Minnesota Vikings the No. 4 pick selections in the fourth (No. 118 overall), fifth (No. 139 overall) and seventh rounds (No. 211 overall), according to NFL.com.

Alabama product Trent Richardson is the No. 1 running back prospect in the 2012 NFL Draft, but legendary rusher Jim Brown called his "size, the speed, his moves" ordinary during a radio interview Thursday. (AP Photo)When asked what about the former Crimson Tide rusher he found ordinary, Brown said, "the size, the speed, his moves."

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-04-26/jim-brown-trent-richardson-ordinary-cleveland-draft-running-back#ixzz1tJeUXKr3

Comments

• Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Arent most backs in todays game ordinary?
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He said what needed to be said, kind of like when the oracle told ne yo he isnt the one and he was going to have to make a choice, she told him what he needed to hear
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jim Brown played in one of the weakest eras....his status and opinions are suspect....
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with him, never saw the big deal with Richardson and Mark Ingrahm. Wasn't that white boy from the big thing 2 years ago from the Browns, why use a 3rd pick for a player that's not a once in a lifetime type back like AP.
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's right tho...Cleveland suck as a City, Football and Basketball organization.. The smart thing to was draft Blackmon and Weeden who already has the Qb\Wr chemistry. Lol they are lost on so many level.. Number 1 they had Peyton hills who they didn't want to pay but the same year they got him they drafted Montario Hardesty in the 2 rd and hes good but been hurt his first two years. Then they're gonna pay Trent the money that hillis wanted lol.

Recap They could of had Hillis, Blackmon and Weeden to go a long with Wr Greg Little. Cleveland stay Losing!!!
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im with Jim Brown on this one Trent aint like that. When AP got drafted you knew he was a once in Ten year superstar RB. Richardson not so much.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Did the browns do too much to get him when they have other needs, yes. Is Richardson ordinary, no. He's better than ingram and everybody from bama said the same thing, ? if I remember right ingram said it. He will be a very good RB, the thing is rb's don't turn teams around and cleveland has a lot of needs.
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol... Trent is a beast and dude was too talented to pass up.

Only 1 fumble his whole career, 4.3 speed, high motor, humble, strong, good hands, good blocker.

Jim Brown needs to shut the ? up. Trent is a great back and worthy of the pick.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i agree i dont think any of those alabam players are gonna be superstars with the exception of maybe barron
  • WhoisDonG???
    Options
    I just don't see it with Richardson. Im not saying he going to be a bust. But I never got hype.
  • WhoisDonG???
    Options
    I just don't see it with Richardson. Im not saying he going to be a bust. But I never got hype.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    shouldve held out and drafted lamar miller
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trent's good. Not great. He doesn't scare me like a Barry Sanders, Adrian Peterson, etc. But he can get you 4 yards per carry and double digit touchdowns every year.

The Jim Browns, Paytons, and Barry's only come around once or twice every decade. But Emmit Smith proved that you don't have to extraordinary to be a legend.
  • greenwood1921
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Im with Jim Brown on this one Trent aint like that. When AP got drafted you knew he was a once in Ten year superstar RB. Richardson not so much.

Exactly. For whatever Trent is, there will be another Trent Richardson in next year's draft -- maybe 2 or 3.

Hell, he's just a more talented version of Ingram who went to the Aints last year.

As a OU fan, I'M STILL waiting on us to get the next Adrian Peterson. lol. And it won't happen anytime soon. I'll just have to deal with a bunch of Demarco Murrays and Dominique Whaley's (which ain't shabby) until the next AP or Billy Sims pops up.

*shrugs*
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »

naw miller is fast and can catch but he cant get you tough yards inside, has durability issues and pass protection problems. he should have stayed another year. he probably will end up being a 3rd down back
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    R.D. wrote: »

naw miller is fast and can catch but he cant get you tough yards inside, has durability issues and pass protection problems. he should have stayed another year. he probably will end up being a 3rd down back
    he still was the 2nd best back in the draft

agree about durability issues but that can be fixed
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Trent Richardson is too good to pass up. But Cleveland has a lot of needs

Defense
    Offensive Line
    Pass rushers
    Recievers
    QB
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He playing in the afc north. ? gon be tough on him.

He gon have to cut back on trying to run ? over.

He's gon be a above average player though.

I don't really like Saben players to much cuz I think they been coached up as much as they can be and they ceiling is lower.

But Trent gon be that ? and I think Dairus from last year gon be real nice.

Upshaw and Kirkpatrick gon be bust though
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Trent's good. Not great. He doesn't scare me like a Barry Sanders, Adrian Peterson, etc. But he can get you 4 yards per carry and double digit touchdowns every year.

The Jim Browns, Paytons, and Barry's only come around once or twice every decade. But Emmit Smith proved that you don't have to extraordinary to be a legend.

PierceSHock.gif

Emmit is not a legend. He benefited from a hall of fame line, a great fullback in Moose, Jay Novachek at tight end, a hall of fame quarterback, hall of fame receivers, which means you couldn't stack the box. Basically you could have put a cast member from Basketball Wives in that backfield and produce the same results.

Uhhh... what?

EmmittBust-300x296.jpg

You see that jacket? See that bust?

That = legend. Whether you like it or not. And this is coming from somebody that HATES the cowboys.
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's funny how ? recycle what analyst say.

Coached up as much as they can be so their ceiling is lower... the ?
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im gonna love to bump this thread in a year....only thing bad about trent is he went to the browns and this from someone who hates him
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lolllll@emmit not being a legend.....i'm done
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    G Mack wrote: »

Word. Like they give canary jackets out to anybody with a "good o-line".

I actually believe Emmit was overrated and I hated that Barry retired early which allowed Emmitt to get the all time rushing record -- but saying he's not a legend is just ? .
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    G Mack wrote: »

Word. Like they give canary jackets out to anybody with a "good o-line".

I actually believe Emmit was overrated and I hated that Barry retired early which allowed Emmitt to get the all time rushing record -- but saying he's not a legend is just ? .

Bro hes trollin...this ? has 6 post
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    Jim Brown played in one of the weakest eras....his status and opinions are suspect....

blasphemy!!!!!! you must be a Bama fan.