Jim Brown calls Trent Richarson "ordinary RB".

Options
13»

Comments

• freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jim Brown only played like 9 seasons and retired with ALL the NFL rushing records,his first 4 seasons the league only played

12 games.His last 5 they played 14,3 time MVP,led the league in rushing 8 times.All the old heads used to say how ill Jim

Brown was,I didn't believe until I saw footage.Dude was impossible to tackle he used to drag people downfield.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I wouldnt call Mr Jim Brown's era weak because most of what they did was on natural, raw talent.

He wasn't taking roids, PEDs and there were no state of the art training programs or facilities.

At that time those people were considered some of the best talent in the country.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    lol who cares when jim brown played. he could have dominated weak competition. dominated in an era of great defenses. or he could have been an ordinary running back. None of that makes his opinion any more or less valid. Barry Sanders said that Brown was wrong...that doesn't matter either...I doubt Mike Holmgren ever played a snap of NFL football in his life, but he's put together a respectable resume as a coach and talent evaluator. I certainly trust his opinion more than i do the opinions of never happy Jim Brown and Barry Sanders.
  • Matt-
    Options
    I just don't see it with Richardson. Im not saying he going to be a bust. But I never got hype.

me either I felt the same with ingram

there wasn't that much hype with Ingram. not among NFL people at least. they are two totally different backs.
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trent=Marion barber

d.green wrote: »
    I always thought Trent reminded me of Marion Barber III.

By the way trent richardson went to the same high school as emmit smith in P'cola

Now now there son
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He dragged 5'8 white guys who were stiff as hell.....
  • Matt-
    Options
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    He dragged 5'8 white guys who were stiff as hell.....

nh
  • Matt-
    Options
    and i still dont know why his opinion should matter
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Jdilla26 wrote: »
    LMAO @ emmit smith not being a legend oh and Jim Brown playing in a weak era lol know ya history.....I disagree with Brown though I think Trent will be very good back Im talking bout Pro Bowl couple of years.....I like Jim Brown loved everything he stood for...but A great former player does not necessarily make a great evaluator

• fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    If Jim Brown played in this era he would not be a third down back. He played in a league full of 5'8 white guys. No disrespect to white people, but the league was almost at is weakest. Dude speaks his mind and has his own opinions....thats fine, but He has this arrogance about him that I don't think he deserves......Just because you were indoctrinated to believe he was one of the best doesn't mean he is one of the best. I would bet my precious soul if he played in todays era he would be a "ordinary" running back.

Is it just me or from watching those clips, its lookin those slow white boys are almost catching him from behind on all those runs. I agree .... dont think Jim Brown was as good as someone like Peterson but had the advantage of playing in a weaker era where he was just bigger and faster than the norm. He looks lowkey slow on some of those long runs.

• kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I truly think Trent Richardson will be a beast in the NFL..not just an ordinary Back he's gonna prove yall wrong
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jim Browns played against weak competition. Fans will say so and so college prospect will not make a good NFL player because he played against a weak conference in college or whatever. Now when Jim Brown gets called out dudes are so brainwashed because they been indoctrinated to think he is one of the greats....dude who be a rich mans brandon jacobs in todays nfl......lol