Who Improved the most over the draft? Who lost out?

Options
KINGOFDAARCADE
KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
Patriots. yeah they're my favourite team, but before you call me a homer, don't forget I was bashing the ? out of their draft last year and saying it sucked. This year they got two of the best defensive players in the entire draft. Chandler Jones and Donta Hightower. Grabbed another pass rusher in the 3rd, and got Alfonso Denard in the 7th round when he was rated as a top 40 prospect.

Steelers are another team that had a huge weekend. That Oline will go from poor, to being one of the best in the league. Someone even said Decastro will be better than Alan Faneca was in Pittsburgh. Alameda Ta'Amu at DT is nice rotational depth that they really needed.

Colts get a nice combo with Luck and Fleener. They were team mates in college and Fleener will help Lucks transition in the NFL.

Rams added a shitload of highly rated players. This was a huge draft for them and changes the outlook of their entire team.

Eagles too. Both those guys will get after RG3, Eli, and Romo.

Ravens had a bad draft IMO. They missed out of their two highest targets, Decastro and Hightower, and both went to the Ravens rival teams.

Comments

• t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    So who are the winners/losers of the draft? How do you feel about your team? Fill in some holes or still have a lot left?

winners= eagles(no bias), steelers, packers, bills, bengals,
    losers= browns(excluding trent), broncos, jacksonville(excluding blackmon), bears, and seahawks

This is IMO though....
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jacksonville lost for drafting a punter in the 3rd round.
    Get the ? outta here w/ that ? , son.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think the giants had a great draft got good players and got what we needed. Rueben randle is gonna be a beast behind nicks and cruz
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm convinced they're just trying to fail their way to L.A.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Browns are the worst organization on earth. More worse than the federal reserve.

Or the public school system.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Browns are the worst organization on earth. More worse than the federal reserve.

Or the public school system.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQk2J6fPZdx7XoxhsC8DxNwc-JzIATlnfxKEJBl2l9WEtmtjtaZ

I gave you the ether though.

lol, you made it so easy tho. lol.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Giants and the cowboys improved.

• Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

smfh... you can pick up any out of work soccer player a week before preseason for that ?
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    If you can't do coffin-corner punts with your eyes closed on call - you have no business gettin' drafted in any round as a Punter.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T/S has a sick obsession of trynna bash the Ravens how the hell were we losers when we didnt need to draft for many positions? we still got Upshaw in the 2nd round we good
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The JETS won getting Antonio Allen in the 7th round. ? baffling.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Im surprised no one has mentioned the bengals. theyre the team who i believe got alot of quality players and overall drafted very efficiently. not only did they acquire kilpatrick in the first, but they also got sanu in the 3rd, traded down to get zeitler to protect dalton and acquired a complete steal with dt brandon thompson in the third. theyve improved on both sides of the ball
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    @Michael_Malice tell me more about Antonio Allen
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you can't do coffin-corner punts with your eyes closed on call - you have no business gettin' drafted in any round as a Punter.

Unless a ? can do that same ? , and manage to kick the ball at least 80 yards down field, then that punter deserves to be drafted.
    Otherwise, get the ? outta the draft.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's bad enough to judge a draft class after 1 year..but damn, 1 day??
  • greenwood1921
    Options

Unless a ? can do that same ? , and manage to kick the ball at least 80 yards down field, then that punter deserves to be drafted.
    Otherwise, get the ? outta the draft.

Word.

But Punters are winning lately.

Dude went in the third, last year the Bucs spent 14 Millie on the Falcons former punter (who was slightly above average, btw.) Then you got that one Minnesota kicker or punter that's always ether'n ? on his blog (forgot his name.)

? having a revolution like DB's in the 90s.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited April 2012
    Options
    T/S has a sick obsession of trynna bash the Ravens how the hell were we losers when we didnt need to draft for many positions? we still got Upshaw in the 2nd round we good

Co-sign. ? was 1 play away from being in the Super Bowl. Obviously dont need much just like the Giants.

Jealous of the Eagles draft smh. ? still aint catching RGIII tho(no bias)

Rams made out nice as expected with all them damn front loaded picks they had.

Pats finally jumped up and got some good Defensive players. ?

Cowboys LAUCE just cause they traded there 2nd pick for a corner when they couldve gotten 2 solid players instead. Leave it up to Jerah
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Jamaica

Allen is a hard hitting safety with a knack always being around the ball. He led our #3 defense in the nation with 88 tackles. 9.5 for a loss. 3 ints, 4 Ff, And 2 fr. He tries to get it done. Damn steal of the draft if you ask me.
  • FroHawke
    FroHawke Members Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Redskins baffling with that Cousins pick....

Jets did aight, dont like that they didn't go Ingram though.

I think SanFran did a lowkey good job though, Giants were typically efficient.

Belicheck actually traded up this year, must be nervous or somethin...
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Bears did pretty cool with our draft cant be upset at that.
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Co-sign. ? was 1 play away from being in the Super Bowl. Obviously dont need much just like the Giants.

Jealous of the Eagles draft smh. ? still aint catching RGIII tho(no bias)

Rams made out nice as expected with all them damn front loaded picks they had.

Pats finally jumped up and got some good Defensive players. ?

Cowboys LAUCE just cause they traded there 2nd pick for a corner when they couldve gotten 2 solid players instead. Leave it up to Jerah
    [/URL]"]imager.php?id=3026952&t=o GIFSoup[/url]

Like yall didnt give up 3 1st rd and 2 2nd rd pick...
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Patriots. yeah they're my favourite team, but before you call me a homer, don't forget I was bashing the ? out of their draft last year and saying it sucked. This year they got two of the best defensive players in the entire draft. Chandler Jones and Donta Hightower. Grabbed another pass rusher in the 3rd, and got Alfonso Denard in the 7th round when he was rated as a top 40 prospect.

Steelers are another team that had a huge weekend. That Oline will go from poor, to being one of the best in the league. Someone even said Decastro will be better than Alan Faneca was in Pittsburgh. Alameda Ta'Amu at DT is nice rotational depth that they really needed.

Colts get a nice combo with Luck and Fleener. They were team mates in college and Fleener will help Lucks transition in the NFL.

Rams added a shitload of highly rated players. This was a huge draft for them and changes the outlook of their entire team.

Ravens had a bad draft IMO. They missed out of their two highest targets, Decastro and Hightower, and both went to the Ravens rival teams.

I thought the Colts had a bad draft. Sooner or later you gotta get a defense. They did the all offense thing when Peyton was there. Then this year they draft a DT in the 5th and a DE in the 7th as their only defensive players.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Winners: Pittsburgh, Detroit, Bengals

Losers: Jacksonville (lol), Dolphins, texans, Browns.

I also liked Seattle's moves. Risky, but good upside.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options

I thought the Colts had a bad draft. Sooner or later you gotta get a defense. They did the all offense thing when Peyton was there. Then this year they draft a DT in the 5th and a DE in the 7th as their only defensive players.

I thought I was the only one. Nice picks and everything but they needed defense as well and they took this "lets make luck comfortable" to a whole nother level. It's ? up but I really hope dude is a bust just because of the way he's been treated and talked about amongst the greats despite him not even taking a snap in the NFL yet.
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My broncos lost