Who Improved the most over the draft? Who lost out?

Comments

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    My broncos lost

Yeah, I forgot about y'all. That draft looked identical the Colts draft. Like they were 1-15 trying to rebuild. Not like a "win now" draft.

• greenwood1921
    Nas lost during the draft. His career is at an all time low. He'll be the first rapper alive with Hologram performances.

*Tupac*

• thatni99ajahmal
    thatni99ajahmal Members Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Winners: Pittsburgh, Detroit, Bengals

Losers: Jacksonville (lol), Dolphins, texans, Browns.

I also liked Seattle's moves. Risky, but good upside.

That was actually a pretty good draft..
    Tannehill could be a reach but noone will know til a year or 2..
    Grabbin Martin the 2nd is great value considering he has 1st round talent..
    Lamar Miller can create mismatches with him in the backfield and Bush spread out wide..
    Egnew fills the void for TE we needed someone who could go up the seams he spent most playing out wide..
  • greenwood1921

Lamar Miller can create mismatches with him in the backfield and Bush spread out wide..
    Egnew fills the void for TE we needed someone who could go up the seams he spent most playing out wide..

Meh. Tannehill is a reach. You never know when it comes to systems, but I just don't see it with Tannehill and I been watching him for years.

Miller didn't drop for nothing. He's gimpy and doesn't do anything Bush can't.
    Martin was the only standout. The rest are coin flips.

If they had a better offseason free-agent wise, it wouldn't be so bad, but they had a horrible offseason so far, and they had the opportunity to make up for it and didn't.

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator

Meh. Tannehill is a reach. You never know when it comes to systems, but I just don't see it with Tannehill and I been watching him for years.

If they had a better offseason free-agent wise, it wouldn't be so bad, but they had a horrible offseason so far, and they had the opportunity to make up for it and didn't.

Bush will probably leave after this year, he only signed a 2 year contract
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck to rg3 jpp is gonna be t bagging him the rest of his career
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭

but whats up with that receiver though>? I mean how many rounds did mia wait until they drafted a wr when they arguably have the worst receivers in the league? That alone made their draft trash to me, I don't understand the thought process behind miami's draft at all.
  • thatni99ajahmal

Bush will probably leave after this year, he only signed a 2 year contract

I know but i doubt he will command that much money at least i dont think so he makin 5 mil this year he should stay if we offer him 7-9 mil..
  • thatni99ajahmal

but whats up with that receiver though>? I mean how many rounds did mia wait until they drafted a wr when they arguably have the worst receivers in the league? That alone made their draft trash to me, I don't understand the thought process behind miami's draft at all.

I honestly think they we have talented Wrs that werent used well..
    GB Wrs werent that great common out of college they were made that way by the system..
  • thatni99ajahmal

Philibin said he wants to use Bush more in the recieving game im more than sure the Miller pick was for mismatches on the field..
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    Co-sign. ? was 1 play away from being in the Super Bowl. Obviously dont need much just like the Giants.

Jealous of the Eagles draft smh. ? still aint catching RGIII tho(no bias)

Rams made out nice as expected with all them damn front loaded picks they had.

Pats finally jumped up and got some good Defensive players. ?

Cowboys LAUCE just cause they traded there 2nd pick for a corner when they couldve gotten 2 solid players instead. Leave it up to Jerah

Like yall didnt give up 3 1st rd and 2 2nd rd pick...

Its 2 1st rd picks ? and it was for a franchise QB not a cornerback smh
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont care how many picks it is.. you think you cant call out the Boys but your team gave up more but you think its a good thing cuz its a Franchise qb like any other postion can't be franchise... ? go sit yo ass down some where

• CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

GB Wrs werent that great common out of college they were made that way by the system..

ummm no Greenbay knows how to scout talent thats how they found good wr's has nothing to do with the system, obviously the dolphins front office is playing it by ear

• thatni99ajahmal
    edited April 2012
    MobTown wrote: »

ummm no Greenbay knows how to scout talent thats how they found good wr's has nothing to do with the system, obviously the dolphins front office is playing it by ear

Well Joe Philibin has a say in these decisions which is why BMarsh is gone now..
    We playing it by ear of GB ex offensive coord..
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    My broncos lost

Yeah, I forgot about y'all. That draft looked identical the Colts draft. Like they were 1-15 trying to rebuild. Not like a "win now" draft.

LOL co sign...

that QB brock osweiler they drafted.... *points and laughs*
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patriots. yeah they're my favourite team, but before you call me a homer, don't forget I was bashing the ? out of their draft last year and saying it sucked. This year they got two of the best defensive players in the entire draft. Chandler Jones and Donta Hightower. Grabbed another pass rusher in the 3rd, and got Alfonso Denard in the 7th round when he was rated as a top 40 prospect.

Steelers are another team that had a huge weekend. That Oline will go from poor, to being one of the best in the league. Someone even said Decastro will be better than Alan Faneca was in Pittsburgh. Alameda Ta'Amu at DT is nice rotational depth that they really needed.

Colts get a nice combo with Luck and Fleener. They were team mates in college and Fleener will help Lucks transition in the NFL.

Rams added a shitload of highly rated players. This was a huge draft for them and changes the outlook of their entire team.

Eagles too. Both those guys will get after RG3, Eli, and Romo.

Ravens had a bad draft IMO. They missed out of their two highest targets, Decastro and Hightower, and both went to the Ravens rival teams.

I thought the Colts had a bad draft. Sooner or later you gotta get a defense. They did the all offense thing when Peyton was there. Then this year they draft a DT in the 5th and a DE in the 7th as their only defensive players.

Uh no...most of our free agent pick ups are defensive players so why draft more? We did pretty decent....of course we needed the tight ends because we lost two clark and tamme are gone two key players to the colts plus we need to find us a solid running back of course but overall we did alright
  • Stew

I dont care how many picks it is.. you think you cant call out the Boys but your team gave up more but you think its a good thing cuz its a Franchise qb like any other postion can't be franchise... ? go sit yo ass down some where

lol Ok we'll see how many titles that "Franchise corner" will get u. Ask Champ how thats working out for him
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Patriots. yeah they're my favourite team, but before you call me a homer, don't forget I was bashing the ? out of their draft last year and saying it sucked. This year they got two of the best defensive players in the entire draft. Chandler Jones and Donta Hightower. Grabbed another pass rusher in the 3rd, and got Alfonso Denard in the 7th round when he was rated as a top 40 prospect.

Steelers are another team that had a huge weekend. That Oline will go from poor, to being one of the best in the league. Someone even said Decastro will be better than Alan Faneca was in Pittsburgh. Alameda Ta'Amu at DT is nice rotational depth that they really needed.

Colts get a nice combo with Luck and Fleener. They were team mates in college and Fleener will help Lucks transition in the NFL.

Rams added a shitload of highly rated players. This was a huge draft for them and changes the outlook of their entire team.

Eagles too. Both those guys will get after RG3, Eli, and Romo.

Ravens had a bad draft IMO. They missed out of their two highest targets, Decastro and Hightower, and both went to the Ravens rival teams.

I thought the Colts had a bad draft. Sooner or later you gotta get a defense. They did the all offense thing when Peyton was there. Then this year they draft a DT in the 5th and a DE in the 7th as their only defensive players.

Uh no...most of our free agent pick ups are defensive players so why draft more? We did pretty decent....of course we needed the tight ends because we lost two clark and tamme are gone two key players to the colts plus we need to find us a solid running back of course but overall we did alright

Like who?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/transactions/_/name/ind/indianapolis-colts Those are the offseason moves accordin to ESPN. Picked up DT, TE, LS, Center, OL, S, DE, OL, OL, QB, WR, OL, DL, OL. (4 Def, 9 offensive, and the long snapper). Dunno if they left people off the list, but off that it doesn't look like most of your FA pick ups were on defense.

Colts tried that formula with one of the GOAT QB's and 2 of the GOAT WR's and got 1 ring out of it. But ? it, not my team. Keep ignoring defense til the 5th round.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012

lol Ok we'll see how many titles that "Franchise corner" will get u. Ask Champ how thats working out for him

lol @ ? giving RGIII a ring before he takes a snap
  • Stew
    major pain wrote: »

Thanks for missing the point homie smh
  • vageneral08
    Colts picked up like 4 linebackers from baltimore alone thats y i said when chuck left baltimore so did some of their players besides the colts aint keeping them anyway
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    major pain wrote: »

Thanks for missing the point homie smh

i get the point well.. but you acting like washington didnt just give up the house for a QB that is somehow guaranteed success. i get it, you're excited about your team's new 'franchise QB' but so were Chargers in 98, so it can go badly just as easily as it can go good.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the players Giants drafted and the signings we made via free angency...though I would like to bring in another WR (Braylon Edwards or even Plaxicco Burress).
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Colts picked up like 4 linebackers from baltimore alone thats y i said when chuck left baltimore so did some of their players besides the colts aint keeping them anyway

You sure? Cuz that sounds high. Team went to the AFC Championship game and then dropped 4 LB's? And then you picked up every single one of them? That just doesn't sound right. Who were the players?
  • vageneral08
    edited April 2012

You sure? Cuz that sounds high. Team went to the AFC Championship game and then dropped 4 LB's? And then you picked up every single one of them? That just doesn't sound right. Who were the players?

my mistake it was just one from baltimore the others went to another team we got a safety, DE and I believe another DL but yeah baltimore let atleast 3 of their linebackers go I know the colts signed cory redding