Who Improved the most over the draft? Who lost out?

Comments

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    RG3 gonna be a bust. This aint 2000 where his style of play is impressive. He had a great year at a decent in a very struggling Big 12. He aint built for the nfl. He might start but wont finish the season. Redskins got a decent QB but lack everything else.

Andrew Luck. Its gonna be a while before he shows his talent. Colts aint got ? for him.

• Beezus
    Beezus Members Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kc lost as usual
    I quit caring after our first pick dont even kno who else they drafted
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KU Beezy wrote: »
    Kc lost as usual
    I quit caring after our first pick dont even kno who else they drafted

but romeo crennel can coach em up with the best of em, but look at how much better tamba and johnson have played since he got there, but poe has so much potential, but.......................
  • Beezus
    Beezus Members Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Colts picked up like 4 linebackers from baltimore alone thats y i said when chuck left baltimore so did some of their players besides the colts aint keeping them anyway

You sure? Cuz that sounds high. Team went to the AFC Championship game and then dropped 4 LB's? And then you picked up every single one of them? That just doesn't sound right. Who were the players?

my mistake it was just one from baltimore the others went to another team we got a safety, DE and I believe another DL but yeah baltimore let atleast 3 of their linebackers go I know the colts signed cory redding

That's what I was sayin though. 4 defensive players and 9 offensive players in free agency. 8 offensive players and 2 defensive players in the draft. So 17 offensive players to 6 defensive.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Colts picked up like 4 linebackers from baltimore alone thats y i said when chuck left baltimore so did some of their players besides the colts aint keeping them anyway

You sure? Cuz that sounds high. Team went to the AFC Championship game and then dropped 4 LB's? And then you picked up every single one of them? That just doesn't sound right. Who were the players?

my mistake it was just one from baltimore the others went to another team we got a safety, DE and I believe another DL but yeah baltimore let atleast 3 of their linebackers go I know the colts signed cory redding

That's what I was sayin though. 4 defensive players and 9 offensive players in free agency. 8 offensive players and 2 defensive players in the draft. So 17 offensive players to 6 defensive.

Yeah but nine times out of ten maybe atleast half might see a spot on the roster
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why the ? did the skins draft Kirk Cousins?

Shanahan tried to get to cute again.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still scratching my head over going receiver in the second round....but overall I'm happy.....offensive line help....hopefully reiff can beat out fodder and he can kick I.side and anybody they brought in for the secondary was gonna be an upgrade
  • bow to royalty

Yeah but nine times out of ten maybe atleast half might see a spot on the roster

You forget my original point? Ya'll had a bad draft because you continued to not address your defense. You said you didn't do it because most of your offseason acquisitions were defensive players. Turns out only 4 of 13 players were on defense. So by your logic shouldn't ya'll have gone more defensive in the draft?

Like I said before: If the strategy only got 1 SB with a GOAT QB, and 2 GOAT WR's then it may be time for a new strategy.
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    RG3 gonna be a bust. This aint 2000 where his style of play is impressive. He had a great year at a decent in a very struggling Big 12. He aint built for the nfl. He might start but wont finish the season. Redskins got a decent QB but lack everything else.

Andrew Luck. Its gonna be a while before he shows his talent. Colts aint got ? for him.

So, outside of secondary issues that were barely addressed....what do we lack again? 2nd best rookie rookie rusher last year, check. Best pass rush tandem, check. Drafted 3 offensive lineman to join the silverback, check. Added Garcon and Josh Morgan to compete with all our young WR we drafted last year, check. Two pro bowl caliber Tight Ends, check. Top 5 linebacking core in the league, check check and check.

Sounds to me like all we needed was a QB.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niners added some much needed speed. I don't much about this Jenkins dude except he's fast. Lamicheal James bout to be Niners bootleg Sproles. Moss should be a red zone threat.

but for the most part it's way too early to tell every team has issues
  • vageneral08

You forget my original point? Ya'll had a bad draft because you continued to not address your defense. You said you didn't do it because most of your offseason acquisitions were defensive players. Turns out only 4 of 13 players were on defense. So by your logic shouldn't ya'll have gone more defensive in the draft?

Like I said before: If the strategy only got 1 SB with a GOAT QB, and 2 GOAT WR's then it may be time for a new strategy.

I know what you're saying and I agree that's why I wasnt too big on the draft this year because I know irsay ? would do this but hopefully chuck will turn it around and make it happen with this 3-4 defense but it will take some time tho
  • bow to royalty

So, outside of secondary issues that were barely addressed....what do we lack again? 2nd best rookie rookie rusher last year, check. Best pass rush tandem, check. Drafted 3 offensive lineman to join the silverback, check. Added Garcon and Josh Morgan to compete with all our young WR we drafted last year, check. Two pro bowl caliber Tight Ends, check. Top 5 linebacking core in the league, check check and check.

You didn't have the 2nd best rookie rusher
    Best pash rush tandem? You seen Philly? New York? Minnesota? Indy? GTFOH
    Two pro bowl caliber tight ends? Witten, Davis, Graham, Gonzalez, Finley. You don't even got 1 TE that's top 5 in the NFC so how you got 2 that are pro bowlers?

How you fit so many lies in 1 post?
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    Its 2 1st rd picks ? and it was for a franchise QB not a cornerback smh

I dont care how many picks it is.. you think you cant call out the Boys but your team gave up more but you think its a good thing cuz its a Franchise qb like any other postion can't be franchise... ? go sit yo ass down some where

*stupid football fan post*

you need a franchise QB to be successful in the NFL, every other position on a football team you can win with just good players. if you knew you was getting tom brady or arron rodgers or drew brees you would easily give up 2 first round draft picks and more to get him. not comparing RGIII to them but he is a once in a decade type talent you can't pass up on.
  • vageneral08

ay bruh I know you a fan and all but..............
    op4ccw.gif
  • vageneral08

I dont care how many picks it is.. you think you cant call out the Boys but your team gave up more but you think its a good thing cuz its a Franchise qb like any other postion can't be franchise... ? go sit yo ass down some where

sv2qnt.gif
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

you need a franchise QB to be successful in the NFL, every other position on a football team you can win with just good players. if you knew you was getting tom brady or arron rodgers or drew brees you would easily give up 2 first round draft picks and more to get him. not comparing RGIII to them but he is a once in a decade type talent you can't pass up on.

define 'success' ... there are some mediocre ass QBs that have made it and won a SB..
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012

are you ? ?

sv2qnt.gif

• d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The JETS won getting Antonio Allen in the 7th round. ? baffling.

Is the same Allen who's from Ocala, FL and played at South Carolina?
  • vageneral08

are you ? ?

sv2qnt.gif

jt2zb4.jpg
  • vageneral08
    major pain wrote: »

define 'success' ... there are some mediocre ass QBs that have made it and won a SB..

but which ones have carried their team and won it all with a below average/average defense?
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    major pain wrote: »

let me be more clear a SUPER BOWL WINNING QB. besides trent dilfer you can not give me another. who? you going to go all the way back to the redskin teams back in the day?
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @d.green

Yep. That's him. You know him? He a baller.
  • bow to royalty
    Johnson with the Bucs won a SB
  • vageneral08
    Johnson with the Bucs won a SB

Yeah but he wasnt the x factor tho the defense was top notch back then