The Official Prometheus Thread (Release date - June 8, 2012)

Options
rapmastermind
rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
On 6/8/12, Ridley Scott director of "Alien", "Blade Runner", "Gladiator" returns to Sci-Fi for the 1st time in 30 years with "Prometheus". What was 1st discribed as a prequel to "Alien" ended changing and became a whole new original film. Well once trialers started to leak many fans were calling foul as the film is clearly related to the Alien universe. After watching this trailer it's clear this is a prequel to Alien. ? look Epic as hell, check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaShguzgBAg

Main Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1byZkbNB3Jw

Final Trailer

5NsKG.gif

(Is this the same acid that the Alien had for blood?, hmmmm)

220px-Prometheusposterfixed.jpg

Comments

• sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I'm checkin for this more than any movie not named Avengers. Theater preview had ? like

sxy58k.gif

• KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its not an alien prequel, ridley scott dead'ed that ?

Kinda like Sam Raimi deaded Venom never appearing in a Spider-Man movie. Never trust a director. He's zeroing expectations to give the film a chance to breathe without the cloud of Alien hanging over it.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    This ? look good.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    i'm probly more hyped for prometheus than DKR....& will probly enjoy it more cuz there's less pressure on it.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If this movie is successful then scott needs to do another blade runner film!!!!
  • rapmastermind
    Options
    knights wrote: »

Kinda like Sam Raimi deaded Venom never appearing in a Spider-Man movie. Never trust a director. He's zeroing expectations to give the film a chance to breathe without the cloud of Alien hanging over it.

Co-sign, the 1st "Alien" flick is a timeless sci-fi masterpiece, he did not want people comparing it or judging it. Look at the trailers, it's clear this is in the Alien universe. He even used the same ship that was in Alien and look at other things that are similar:

post_4f5ab53f033363.18666460.jpg

alieneggs_0.jpg

• rapmastermind
    edited April 2012
    Options
    horseshoeship.jpeg

"Alien" Ship

prometheus-2012-movie-space-ship-map.jpg

Alien ship in "Prometheus"

Ridley ain't fooling nobody. This film will give us the origins of what will eventually become the Alien I believe.
  • Rondre Sleaze Twin
    Rondre Sleaze Twin Members Posts: 368 ✭✭
    Options
    This is an alien prequel. The big alien is the Space Jockey from the origial alien. Plus Ridley just said in an interview that the last 10 minutes will directly tie into Alien.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's alien prequel b. They got the space jockey in there...from the original aliens. It's the same derelict ship too. Scott is just keeping the story underwraps (which he usually does). It's like Chris Nolan: everybody had the Inception flick figured out but that dude lied n said no one did. Then he finally admits that people are correct
    i'm probly more hyped for prometheus than DKR....& will probly enjoy it more cuz there's less pressure on it.

Mannnnnn on the real ATCG, its been a minute since I've been hyped for a movie like this. I think the last time was Matrix. This movie is going to be real nice. I'm watching the calendar like a hawk. The sci fi genre could use a nice push from Ridley.
    icks86 wrote: »
    If this movie is successful then scott needs to do another blade runner film!!!!

Slept on GOAT post. Blade Runner is that ish nah mean?!
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    Mannnnnn on the real ATCG, its been a minute since I've been hyped for a movie like this. I think the last time was Matrix. This movie is going to be real nice. I'm watching the calendar like a hawk. The sci fi genre could use a nice push from Ridley.

you ain't lyin. & i don't even like sci-fi like that so for me to be this hyped is some serious business. plus that cast is ? crazy.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »

you ain't lyin. & i don't even like sci-fi like that so for me to be this hyped is some serious business. plus that cast is ? crazy.

Oh so since you hyped about a movie within in a genre you don't care for, then I KNOW the ? is about to bananas! It's a Scott flick...we can't lose.
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I would love to see an alien prequel. I think this will be a good film.

should be better than those ? awful alien vs predator films.

will we see a bishop cameo? lol.
  • rapmastermind
    Options
    I'm glad most people are seeing this for what it is. I just wish the director would stop fronting. I guess we won't fully know until the movie drops but based on those trailers it has more in common with Alien than it does not. All I know is I'm anticipating this even more than "The Dark Knight Rises and Avengers" cause Sci-Fi needs this right now.
  • atribecalledgabi
    edited May 2012
    Options
    @Doc
    word. the alien franchise is one of the very few exceptions. i have a lot of respect for ridley scott. he has a movie supposed to be coming out next year called the counselor & i'm already hyped & it's not even fully cast yet.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this ? looks fire
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't understand the arguments here.

Pointing out similarities between this movie and the Alien franchise don't prove it's a prequel. It's already been stated that it was supposed to be and Alien prequel, so a lot of those elements were likely left in. That doesn't mean they didn't end up taking the story in another direction.
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Ridley Scott's been talking about a Blade Runner follow up for a while now. It was originally gonna be a prequel but I heard more recently that they decided to go with a direct sequel. I think they're in the writing stages of it and they say Harrison Ford will probably not reprise his role.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honestly Blade Runner was not all that.I understand it's impact,but the movie was boring.The game Snatcher>>>>Blade Runner.

I am also anticipating this prequel, but it will not touch Avatar as the current king of Sci-Fi.
  • BK Product
    BK Product Members Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ** googles the trailer**
  • BK Product
    BK Product Members Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    looks dope lol!!!
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aliens, E.T.s, Martians, ufo's etc I'm in...

This looks epic, reminds me of 2001 A Space Odyessy for some reason.
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm Anticipating This More Than The Avengers And TDKR
  • rapmastermind
    Options
    nawledge_? wrote: »
    I'm Anticipating This More Than The Avengers And TDKR

Me too, everyone always hypes comic movies. I'll take an original sci-fi film any day which is why I loved "Inception" 2 years ago, it was original and not a drawn out sequel. Yes this may be a prequel in disguise but it's different than your typical Hollywood blockbuster.
  • rapmastermind
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    Honestly Blade Runner was not all that.I understand it's impact,but the movie was boring.The game Snatcher>>>>Blade Runner.

I am also anticipating this prequel, but it will not touch Avatar as the current king of Sci-Fi.

Was "Blade Runner" boring in some spots, Yes but it's still a masterpiece. Just because there wasn't action left and right doesn't take away from it's brilliance, there were so many themes explored, it was an amazing movie. Ridley is perfect in Sci-Fi which is why this movie has such a high anticipation:

Alien - Timeless Masterpiece, Classic, Epic, Changed the game
    Blade Runner - Timeless Masterpiece, Classic, Epic

He's 2/2.