;You’re not pretty enough and you’re pregnant: College student sues after bouncer wouldnt let her

2»

Comments

• p-tavern
    p-tavern Members Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Bouncer should've thrown her ass out on her head the second she tried to get back up after being told not to.
    This is his reward for trying to be civil toward a ? .
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't she pregnant stay ya big self home and after giving birth lose some gotdamn weight
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bouncer did it for health reasons. Can't have people think that its cool being fat and unhealthy. Causes health problems and shorten life span :))
  • Mood Indigo
    Mood Indigo Members Posts: 2,127
    iron man1 wrote: »
    Isn't she pregnant stay ya big self home and after giving birth lose some gotdamn weight

Lol she's not pregnant, she just looks like she is. .
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL @ "plus-size"...? u fat! SMH @ "made me question myself". U shoulda started questioning yo damn weight...a long time ago! They should buy her ass P90X & call it even.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mood indigo o read that wrong second part still stands dammnit lolz
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    lmao! he should sue her for even attempting to enter a club
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She's silly. A private business has the luxury of saying "no".

Her ass didn't have any business trying to dance on a bar. Also why would she attempt to go back a 2nd time when they said no the first time?
  • cool amp
    cool amp Members Posts: 165
    Dance on the bar because she was too fat.

article-2136824-12D2D20E000005DC-419_468x286.jpg

A 21-year-old woman has accused the bouncers at her local pub of discrimination after she was banned from dancing on the bar because she was told she was too fat.

ABC News reports Jordan Ramos, a student at the University of Iowa, who describes herself as 'plus-sized', says she was with friends at Union Bar in Iowa City last month when she tried to climb onto the bar.

Miss Ramos says she was told to get back on the floor because she 'was not pretty enough' and was 'obviously pregnant'. ABC reports the bouncer told Miss Ramos the bar was at capacity during a night out on March 3.

She told the network she waited until a few girls stepped off to make room and tried a second time to stand on the platform - but was stopped again.

Miss Ramos said a friend confronted the manager, but he refused to discuss the matter and asked the women to leave.

A follow-up email sent by Miss Ramos was never answered, she said.
    'There was only one difference: I am a plus-sized individual,' she told ABC.
    'The bouncer said "Look, you will never get up on this platform. Go back to the dance floor where you belong."'

She returned to the bar again on April 14, and was again rejected.
    'He said, "You’re not pretty enough and you’re pregnant." I said, "I can tell you with 100 percent certainty that I am not pregnant."
    'He then looked at my stomach and said, "You obviously are." They knew I was not pregnant; it was there way of calling me fat without having to actually say it,' she said.
    Miss Ramos filed a complaint with the Human Rights Commission, but officials told her they could not investigate because size discrimination is not illegal.
    The incidents, she said, have made her question her worth.
    She told the Des Moines Register: 'It made me start questioning myself and thinking, "Are my friends so much better than me?" I know they’re thinner, but those bouncers made them seem more valuable.'
    She told the website she was surprised the incidents took place in Iowa City, which she considers 'open-minded'.
    'We all paid the same cover to get into the Union, but we’re not given access to all the same things they have to offer,' she said. 'I feel like it is their job to provide everybody a great time, especially if everybody pays the same price.'
    A manager for The Union Bar did not respond to MailOnline's request for comment.

her and her friends is what you call a boo boo clique.
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh ? that pregnant line is GOAT.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since When Did Charlie Danger Become White?
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this thread needs more fiat
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since When Did Charlie Danger Become White?

Dont be mad cause im not ugly like yo main insecure ? . who goes through your phone fighting back tears of being cheated on with other trannies like beyus.

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont get what the big deal is. Clearly dancing on the bar is for the A-B League, not this D League trash.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    "Treat the fat ? as equals.", they said.
    "They don't deserve to be slaughtered in the street like cattle for being obese pieces of ? fiat.", I was told.
    "If you don't like them, just don't ? them.", is what I heard.

This is merely the fruit fatty-byproduct of years of failed fat ? policy.

Society did this to themselves.
    plxVE.jpg
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmfao who makes these memes
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate when people take ? incidents and try to turn them into some major ? . Got this ? pictured like she's some kinda superhero when all that happened was that she wasn't allowed to get on the bar and dance like a ? like all the skinny chicks.
  • Mr.Audigier216
    Mr.Audigier216 Members Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭✭
    Man quite frankly, I think any female who decides to attend a night club while being pregnant should b scalped and given an alcohol n salt soaked hat