BATMAN!!!!! (Time To Prepare) -_- Really?????

Comments

• Grahf
    Grahf Members Posts: 344 ✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Forgot about Amadeus Cho. His push has been crazy itself. He already has a crazy ability + prep + still learning. Cho had damn godlike power which he transferred to Herc.
  • I Am Him
    I Am Him Members Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    [/quote]
    Grahf wrote: »
    The Hood never had all the gems + IG in his possession simultaneously. He started with being incarcerated, zero gems, but a plan. Actually he was locked up and uses prep and his cunning to locate the first gem and break out of prison., then use prep to try to acquire the others. I think Batman would do very well in Marvel just like various Marvel characters would do fine in DC. Remember that Batman has a contingency plan for just about every teammate of his in case they go rogue. ? is thorough.

I don't think there is a hero or villan out there that does not have some kind of plan at first. I think people place too much stock in that part of the action. To me, it's nothing more than a tool for the writer to show the reader how the action pops off. Even with his prep, the Avengers still beat the hood. I say Batman wouldn't do well in the Marvel universe because it is a bit more down to earth or realistic. I can't see Batman lasting that long in Marvel because the bad guys and even some of the heroes play for keeps. Carnage does not try to keep Spider-Man around because he needs the challenge or whatever, he tries to murk that dude every time he sees him. I think the DC villains and heroes tend to not really want to ? each other, but get the best of their opponent. I will say that I think this has changed with the DCNu and it seems the characters have more of an edge to them now.
  • Tru_Hitta
    Tru_Hitta Members Posts: 615
    I Am Him wrote: »
    The Hood never had all the gems + IG in his possession simultaneously. He started with being incarcerated, zero gems, but a plan. Actually he was locked up and uses prep and his cunning to locate the first gem and break out of prison., then use prep to try to acquire the others. I think Batman would do very well in Marvel just like various Marvel characters would do fine in DC. Remember that Batman has a contingency plan for just about every teammate of his in case they go rogue. ? is thorough.

I don't think there is a hero or villan out there that does not have some kind of plan at first. I think people place too much stock in that part of the action. To me, it's nothing more than a tool for the writer to show the reader how the action pops off. Even with his prep, the Avengers still beat the hood. I say Batman wouldn't do well in the Marvel universe because it is a bit more down to earth or realistic. I can't see Batman lasting that long in Marvel because the bad guys and even some of the heroes play for keeps. Carnage does not try to keep Spider-Man around because he needs the challenge or whatever, he tries to murk that dude every time he sees him. I think the DC villains and heroes tend to not really want to ? each other, but get the best of their opponent. I will say that I think this has changed with the DCNu and it seems the characters have more of an edge to them now.[/quote]

cosign everything but especially the part in bold
  • Grahf
    edited May 2012
    The same could be said about DC honestly. I don't think Dr. Light had that in mind when he ? and killed Sue. Wonder Woman snapping necks. SBP's rampage. The villains had no problem killing in DC (Anti-Monitor killed every single inhabitant of every positive matter universe except 5 in Crisis). Plus at the end of the day, whether it's Cable, Jason Todd, Barry, Bucky, they are all coming back. Wouldnt be surprised if Uncle Ben and the Wayne's reentered their respective continuities. Point is, there are plenty of devious acts and gruesome deaths in both worlds. Funny thing is that in Superman #22 during Byrne's run, Supes travels to the pocket universe and encounters Zod, Zaora, and Quex-Ul. He captures them but only after they obliterate billions of humans, and to prevent them from eventually regaining their powers and killing more, Superman executes them with Kryptonite. it's a pretty good issue if you ever get a hold of it.
  • Grahf
    Hitta wrote: »
    Speaking of Flash, loved Johns' first run on Flash many years ago, but not really feeling it now for various reasons.

cant really talk about that one never read it i started reading comics around 2002 so anything before that i cant drop intellect on without sounding stupid

Oh cool, there's a lot of good stuff released since then. You can always get da trades to get ? u missed back in da day.

• Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozymandias prep time hella >>>>>The Batman's. Ozymandias successfully neutralized Doctor Manhattan, (a muthfucka who transcends time and space,) and sent enough red herrings to keep Nite-Owl, Rorschach, and Laurie off his ass. Hell the ? so up on game, he even hired a muthfucka to try and kil him, when stupid muthfucka tried he killed his. When Rorshach got too close he set the short muthafucka up. When The Comedian figured ? out, he ended up being flung out off tall ass residential skyscrape.

Bruce is my favorite character, but if Ra is ? and can figure out he's The Batman, what the ? is Bruce going to do against, "the smartest man in the world?" Veidt would see the ? coming and body Bruce before he left the cave. Bruce doesn't have an answer for Ozymandias.

Not is Ozymandias' prep time >>>>Bruce's, it ? on it like a pamper.
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Ozymandias prep time hella >>>>>The Batman's. Ozymandias successfully neutralized Doctor Manhattan, (a muthfucka who transcends time and space,) and sent enough red herrings to keep Nite-Owl, Rorschach, and Laurie off his ass. Hell the ? so up on game, he even hired a muthfucka to try and kil him, when stupid muthfucka tried he killed his. When Rorshach got too close he set the short muthafucka up. When The Comedian figured ? out, he ended up being flung out off tall ass residential skyscrape.

Bruce is my favorite character, but if Ra is ? and can figure out he's The Batman, what the ? is Bruce going to do against, "the smartest man in the world?" Veidt would see the ? coming and body Bruce before he left the cave. Bruce doesn't have an answer for Ozymandias.

Darkseid>>>Dr. Manhattan

Batman trumped Darkseid with prep time, thus Batman's prep>Ozymandias's prep time.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DarkRaiden wrote:

Darkseid>>>Dr. Manhattan

Batman trumped Darkseid with prep time, thus Batman's prep>Ozymandias's prep time.

Come on my ? . One of the underlying premises of The Watchman was Veidt's prep time. Yeah, Darkseid is a comsic power entity and he's come open up a Boom Tube anywhere, but that ? isn't transcending time and space like Doctor Manhattan. Doctor Manhattan can be studying quantum physics with with Stephen Hawking, contemplating the hows and why's of humanity on Mars, have an orgy with six duplicates of himself with six bad ? , and murk Darkseid all tht the same time. Darkseid with he could ? with Doctor Manhattan. Doctor Manhattan would body Darkseid as easily as he bodied Rorschach, point and make the ? explode. So considering Ozymandias cancelled out Doctor Manhattan, that make his prep time greater than The Batman's.

• Tru_Hitta
    DarkRaiden wrote: »

Darkseid>>>Dr. Manhattan

did he really just say darkseid can beat dr.manhattan....man what you smoking and where can i get some
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the thing u ? critics dont realize is that batman does get beating in fair fights in his own title ...alot and how is "time to prepare" ? when he knows whos hes going to comfront or go up against..so he readies himself...I can easily tell most of you dont read the titles you just skim through'em
  • Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now yall brought Ozy into this...

Yea his prep ? all over batman's prep.
    the thing u ? critics dont realize is that batman does get beating in fair fights in his own title ...alot and how is "time to prepare" ? when he knows whos hes going to comfront or go up against..so he readies himself...I can easily tell most of you dont read the titles you just skim through'em

There are just some beings/characters you can have all the intel about and it won't make a damn bit of difference.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are just some beings/characters you can have all the intel about and it won't make a damn bit of difference.

no one is saying there is not...and I dont remeber batman doing something unbeleivably ridicuolus (in the comic world) with prep time either against and godly character
  • randomStalker2
    randomStalker2 Members Posts: 128
    batman is a detective and it is very rare that he comes unprepared, and if he is unprepared he has a sorts of gadets, bombs, and vehicles to stall until he thinks of something.
    YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID
  • Amotekun
    batman is a detective and it is very rare that he comes unprepared, and if he is unprepared he has a sorts of gadets, bombs, and vehicles to stall until he thinks of something.
    YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Batman's preparedness is limited to what he can physically carry with him unlike say Reed Richards who created a pocket universe available on demand that can hold all his ? .

Also if he has to have something dropped off to him, it's not like he can just call a time out in middle of a fight to wait on said item to ? you up with.
  • DarkRaiden

Darkseid>>>Dr. Manhattan

did he really just say darkseid can beat dr.manhattan....man what you smoking and where can i get some

Darkseid has stalemated Odin and created beings and wiped them out of existence with his Omega Beams.
  • Amotekun

no one is saying there is not...and I dont remeber batman doing something unbeleivably ridicuolus (in the comic world) with prep time either against and godly character

Him being able to reasonably go up against cosmic level beings is stretching it. A cosmic entity, IMO has been around long enough seen many a hero and villain alike that they shouldn't fall for batnanigans.

The furthest I see batman being able to prep is what happened in Tower of Babel when his own countermeasures were used against the JLA. Beyond that, taking on gods and cosmics is reaching. The only way it could happen is if a cosmic fell due to his own hubris, but you'd think a cosmics would've reasonably sorted that out given the length of their lives
  • Tru_Hitta

Darkseid>>>Dr. Manhattan

Darkseid has stalemated Odin and created beings and wiped them out of existence with his Omega Beams.

and doctor manhattan can disappear to his pure energy he can create life and a whole city on mars with the snap of his fingers&travel anywhere in the galaxy he transcends space&time can create multiple copys of hisself all with the same level of power&ability darkseid cant do any of that dr.manhattan is by far the strongers&most powerful character in the watchmen universe he is the equal to "The-One-Above-All&Presence" of D.C&Marvel
  • Grahf
    edited May 2012
    Lol big fan of his, but he definitely doesn't equal TOAA/Presence/Great Evil Beast. He has impressive matter manipulation, but so does a lot of other characters. Captain Atom created a universe, Abraxas has multiversal powers, etc. TOAA/Presence/GEB are omniversal. And not just for matter manipulaters, but also high magic beings, reality warpers, etc. Ozy was able to hide from Manhattan, Manhattan being an emotional pwn, feats on a planetary scale. I think the key word is scale. We've already seen über characters blow and create planets, galaxies, universes, multiverses on a whim. Remember in the comic where Manhattan states that his abilities are LIMITED by tachyons?

Remember that they agreed (including Manhattan) to keep the secret of Ozy from the world to spare the world any strife? And Manhattan had with great sadness to ? Rorsch because he couldnt force him to stop revealing the truth to the world. A uber reality warper could easily recreate the world with nobody involved having any idea of the secret, completely mindrape Ozy, Rorsch, etc...? an uber class reality warper would take the thing that was limiting Manhattan's powers and turn those particles into rainbows and unicorns.

Ok just food for thought, in the final confrontation, replace Manhattan with Oblivion, a ? ofd pre-recon Beyonder, Abraxas, etc..

• Tru_Hitta
    Lol big fan of his, but he definitely doesn't equal TOAA/Presence/Great Evil Beast. He has impressive matter manipulation, but so does a lot of other characters. Captain Atom created a universe, Abraxas has multiversal powers, etc. TOAA/Presence/GEB are omniversal. And not just for matter manipulaters, but also high magic beings, reality warpers, etc. Ozy was able to hide from Manhattan, Manhattan being an emotional pwn, feats on a planetary scale. I think the key word is scale. We've already seen über characters blow and create planets, galaxies, universes, multiverses on a whim. Remember in the comic where Manhattan states that his abilities are LIMITED by tachyons?

Remember that they agreed (including Manhattan) to keep the secret of Ozy from the world to spare the world any strife? And Manhattan had with regret ? Rorsch? A uber reality warper could easily recreate the world with nobody involved having any idea of the secret, completely mindrape Ozy, Rorsch, etc...

true but his still stronger than darkseid and im wondering is the presence really omniversal because i found out that he came into existence after "reality" was created and galactus was around before that so im kind of confused about that one
  • Grahf
    edited May 2012

Remember that they agreed (including Manhattan) to keep the secret of Ozy from the world to spare the world any strife? And Manhattan had with regret ? Rorsch? A uber reality warper could easily recreate the world with nobody involved having any idea of the secret, completely mindrape Ozy, Rorsch, etc...

true but his still stronger than darkseid and im wondering is the presence really omniversal because i found out that he came into existence after "reality" was created and galactus was around before that so im kind of confused about that one

Galan (galactus) survived the big one in the reg 616 universe. There are multiple Galactus in the Marvel omniverse. If u can, pick up the arc when Abraxas shows up. Hes a multiversal annihilator who begins to murk different Galactus in the multiverse. Presence is in the DCU, which is a ? at times with regards to hierarchy. Marvel is a pain too esp when u get near or below tertiary cosmic abstract level and on to elder gods, skyfathers, etc. Then u have to figure one time über power ups and artifacts that peep their heads for a series or one shot: Archenemy, Trion Juggernaut, Sword of Superman examples.

• Grahf
    and Darkseid isn't even the true lord of Apokalips. It's Darseid's father Yuga Khan. Yuga Khan was obsessed with the Source and became a Promethean Giant. Breaking free of his bonds, he goes on a galactic rampage absorbing and destroying planets ala Galactus. He then travels to Apokalips to reclaim his throne. Darkseid fearing for his life starts to run away from his dad, but gets owned in one panel lol. Desaad starts running too but finds out that Yuga Khan controls reality. New Genesis starts attacking but Yuga Khan pwns the entire fleet without a scratch. Yoga being obsessed with the Source Wall becomes entrapped in it again. I believe it was in the New Gods third volume.
  • DarkRaiden

No he's not stronger than Darkseid, Darkseid creates beings on par with or stronger than Superman, he stalemated Odin created pocket universes and can easily destroy star systems while DR. Manhattan himself stated that he couldn't stop all the nukes from US and the Soviet Union. He stated it. Darkseid would easily stop it, plus he has mindraping powers and would destroy Manhattan with them or the Omega Effect, as he wipes people from all of existence with them, from time, space, alternate realities, all of existence. Manhattan has shown nothing of the sort.
  • I Am Him
    The same could be said about DC honestly. I don't think Dr. Light had that in mind when he ? and killed Sue. Wonder Woman snapping necks. SBP's rampage. The villains had no problem killing in DC (Anti-Monitor killed every single inhabitant of every positive matter universe except 5 in Crisis). Plus at the end of the day, whether it's Cable, Jason Todd, Barry, Bucky, they are all coming back. Wouldnt be surprised if Uncle Ben and the Wayne's reentered their respective continuities. Point is, there are plenty of devious acts and gruesome deaths in both worlds. Funny thing is that in Superman #22 during Byrne's run, Supes travels to the pocket universe and encounters Zod, Zaora, and Quex-Ul. He captures them but only after they obliterate billions of humans, and to prevent them from eventually regaining their powers and killing more, Superman executes them with Kryptonite. it's a pretty good issue if you ever get a hold of it.

Yeah that's true, but those are all things that happened during an event or to start an event. Before Identity Crisis, Dr. Light was a joke. WW's snapping of the neck and SBP were part of Infinite Crisis. Not to mention the fact that DC just blinked their old universe out of existence, so none of that stuff really happened. Meanwhile over in Marvel, Wolverine is killing somebody every other issue, Punisher is killing every issue, even Spidey is showing signs that he might go over his line and start taking dudes out. If i was a comic book criminal I would be much more afraid of running into Wolverine or Punisher than I would be of Batman or anybody in the old DC. Like I said earlier, DCNu has more of an edge to it that I really like.
  • I Am Him

nobody is questioning what goes on in his title. the problem comes when he goes against somebody he don't know and every batman stan says the same thing. i'm not gonna say what it is because we all know what it is. i can't speak for anybody else, but batman is the only dc character i've read consistintly since 86. i skimed through nothing.