WWE: Where is the entertainment?

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in Off The Turn Buckle
When the WWE was the WWF and it ushered in the "Attitude Era", it brought us entertainment we hadn't seen. The 90's & early 00's were filled with entertainment, through the WCW and ECW as well. There were stables, feuds, rivalries, classic moments and edge-of-your-seat matches. Stone Cold, Rock, Foley, DX, nWo, Hogans heel turn, The Outsiders, The Invasion etc... all pure entertainment.

So with the WWE changing it's name and proclaiming "entertainment" where the ? is it?

We have absolutely no good rivalries right now, no current good feuds, no stables, no entertaining matches, no characters who really stand out. Where is it? Why doesn't the creative team look at what the 90's held in WWF, WCW and ECW and try to revive that? Not COPY it with different people, but allow what took place then to take place NOW.

I know we can sit and type out complaints and nothing is done right and it won't change but how do we change it? Can we get the IWC to flood the WWE's email with upset emails? I mean, I love wrestling, I will watch the WWE but it doesn't hold up anymore. There's nothing that's MUST see. Right now all their stock is down from what I checked, why not change your creative formula and see if it works?

I just don't get it, what was so successful then can be today as well. Sure we will never have another Austin, Rock, Foley, HHH, Jericho, Angle, Vince etc... but we sure can keep this going. They walked the line with Punk's promo and pipe bombs, that was entertainment. They're doing a decent job with Jericho/Punk, that is entertainment. Walk the line, don't cross it and you've got a hit..

Comments

• BK Product
    BK Product Members Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    as long as they gettin $$$$$$$$$ nothing will change. its the American Way.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They say that children/women make up 40% of the fan base, that's a small percentage because if the 60% were to stop feeding into their watered down entertainment, they'd be losing out and would more than likely change. Now I KNOW that will NEVER, EVVVER happen.

This is why TNA needs to STEP IT UP. If they were to drive in the other direction and make the entertainment like back then PLUS give us GREAT wrestling every week then they can and would become the TOP DOG. WWE's weak spot is having ONE guy getting that big push; John Cena.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    BK Product wrote: »
    as long as they gettin $$$$$$$$$ nothing will change. its the American Way.