Big L's Group D.I.T.C. 7 Tracks Deep into New Album Entitled Diggin'; O.C. Confirms. Fat Joe Absent

Options
RuffDraft
RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in The Essence
For those saying who? D.I.T.C. stands for Diggin' In The Crates and was a group containing members Lord Finesse, Diamond D, O.C., Fat Joe, Buckwild, Showbiz & A.G, as well as the deceased Big L.

In a recent interview, following the release of 'Trophies' (Best Album I've heard thus far into 2012), O.C. confirmed that group members had squashed their beef only a year after Showbiz stated that the group had finally laid the mic to rest as a collective.

Taken from HipHopDX.com:

O.C. Revealed: "I don't mean to jump the gun on this, but I had to stop writing and call you, because we just started on a new Diggin' [In The Crates] album. We're seven [songs] deep already. We're a blueprint to a lot of crews - they might not say it or they might, but we are. We sat down, we aired out our grievances, argued, whatever. Show said one particular thing that struck a chord with me. He was like, 'It's been 15 years since [Big] L been gone. This dude would turn over in his grave if he knew that we left the legacy lingering and not did more than what we should have done. Period."

Who's checking for an album from the D.I.T.C. collective?

For those who haven't heard it yet, Trophies was released on the 1st May and is an absolute gem. Apollo Brown on the boards and O.C. as hungry as ever. It's an incredible release that deserves to be heard.

Single for Trophies - Apollo Brown & O.C.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2piUF5Lo58&feature=player_embedded

Comments

• CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    whys fatfucc absent
  • RuffDraft
    Options
    CracceR wrote: »
    whys fatfucc absent

Lol. Unknown as yet; he stated in 2010 that he wanted a reunion, but I don't track his whereabouts.
  • coolc31
    coolc31 Members Posts: 517 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll definitely be checking for it. DITC is a great collective. Lord Finesse is one of my top 10 favorites & OC is a beast...hell, the whole squad is legit.
  • RuffDraft
    Options
    coolc31 wrote: »
    I'll definitely be checking for it. DITC is a great collective. Lord Finesse is one of my top 10 favorites & OC is a beast...hell, the whole squad is legit.

@coolc31, have you checked Apollo Brown's new project with O.C? It's incredible.

I'm definitely checkin' for Diggin' too though!
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope! i still havent peeped Trophies but this is great! the first DITC album was amazing, only time i really liked Fat Joe's raps.
  • RuffDraft
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Dope! i still havent peeped Trophies but this is great! the first DITC album was amazing, only time i really liked Fat Joe's raps.

Check the Trophies thread, posted my first impressions!
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yo its about time they do this ? . man im sorry but joe better get on this ? dude was nice back in day. but yea ill be checking for this album when it drops. and that trophies is nice.
  • RuffDraft
    Options
    satyrone wrote: »
    yo its about time they do this ? . man im sorry but joe better get on this ? dude was nice back in day. but yea ill be checking for this album when it drops. and that trophies is nice.

Trophies is epic!

Definitely agree about Joe, but he better move his fat ass if he's to make it considering they're seven tracks deep already.
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder what the beef was about. Will cop the album when it comes out.
  • RuffDraft
    edited July 2012
    Options
    bigev240 wrote: »

O.C.'s on the album, following Trophies, I really could care less about Fat Joe.

They ducked the question somewhat, saying that he there was nothing wrong with the collective back in 2009.

They did an interview with Joe, which is available here, but after a quick skim read, I can't find any response.

Either way, with O.C. and A.G. it should be dope.

• bigev240
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »

O.C.'s on the album, following Trophies, I really could care less about Fat Joe.

They ducked the question somewhat, saying that he there was nothing wrong with the collective back in 2009.

They did an interview with Joe, which is available here, but after a quick skim read, I can't find any response.

True, if it was the old Fat Joe he should be on this album. But since he change his style for the most part, I won't miss him on the album.
  • RuffDraft
    Options

True, if it was the old Fat Joe he should be on this album. But since he change his style for the most part, I won't miss him on the album.

Most definitely. Although it would be good to hear the crew all back together and Joey was a part of D.I.T.C. before a lot of others with Just Finesse supposedly. I can't wait to hear O.C. on this though…

I can't see this taking long to get a release date either, although there's been no news since as far as I'm aware…
  • bigev240
    Options

Most definitely. Although it would be good to hear the crew all back together and Joey was a part of D.I.T.C. before a lot of others with Just Finesse supposedly. I can't wait to hear O.C. on this though…

I can't see this taking long to get a release date either, although there's been no news since as far as I'm aware…

I hear ya. I can't believe I missed the O.C. cd. But I am about to order it this weekend.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Diamond D is one of the GOAT.

Hope some of his production makes it on the album.
  • RuffDraft
    Options

I hear ya. I can't believe I missed the O.C. cd. But I am about to order it this weekend.

Did you check the thread? If you check the tracks in there, you'll become super amped. I think everyone has missed it to be honest, it's a great shame though, as I've tried to promote it in The Reason to no avail.

The album contains tracks from last year's Clouds by Apollo Brown. Those are some of my favourite tracks now on both albums.
    BIGRuss wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__Q5BYe9pGQ
  • bigev240
    Options

Did you check the thread? If you check the tracks in there, you'll become super amped. I think everyone has missed it to be honest, it's a great shame though, as I've tried to promote it in The Reason to no avail.

The album contains tracks from last year's Clouds by Apollo Brown. Those are some of my favourite tracks now on both albums.

I checked parts of it out on itunes and it had me hooked but I want the CD. I stop trying to talk about some underground artists in The Reason because to some they are not whats hot right now.
  • RuffDraft
    Options

I checked parts of it out on itunes and it had me hooked but I want the CD. I stop trying to talk about some underground artists in The Reason because to some they are not whats hot right now.

They're never what's hot in The Reason, bar Kendrick Lamar and a few others. Doesn't matter though, we have The Essence!

I got the CD, had it on pre-order as I want to collect every Apollo disc. Dude's the 10s to me… I will always reflect on 2010s thinking about Apollo's beats, ATM.

Either way, hit up the thread when you cop it!! :tu
  • vslyke
    vslyke Members Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hope this DITC CD pans out... I've always wanted that first DITC album but its hard as hell to find. Not gonna miss Fat Joe too much to be honest.