When Do We Get Our Justice League Movie

Options
Maximus Rex
Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in Quite Comical
To tell the truth I was surprised that we got an Avengers flick before the Justice League considering that the Justice League are better known that the Avengers. Using a sports analogy, the Raiders are to the Avengers to that the Justice League is to the 49ers.

The movie has gotten positive reviews and is going to make bank so probably as we speak the people at Warner Bros. at looking at scripts for Diana's and Flash's, and possibly J'onn movies. The logical question isn't if we'll get our Justice League movie, but when and who'll be in the line up.

We already know that the Big 3 are going to be in it. So the question is, who's going to fill out the remaing roster. Personally, I think a Justice League movie will be a 4 to 5 man roster that will include Jon Stewart (for diversity purposes,) and the Flash. The fanboy in me wants to see the classic JLA lineup that includes Supes, The Batman, Diana, Barry, Hall, J'onn J'ozz, and Aquaman.

Hell, Time Warner might surpise us and instead of giving us a JLA movie, they might want to go after that Twilight demo and give us a Teen Titans movie.

Comments

• Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    in 20-Never.

Besides Batman, DC not really that good with the live action flicks.

It really wasn't until Nolan got on board for Batman that he became relevant and respectable. before that it was bat-nipples.

DC just need to stay in their lane, stick to those animated features and shows those are goat.

DC animation>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Marvel animation
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they already tried to gear one up a few years back when they caught wind of marvels avengers...then they cancelled it during pre production.
    now I suspect thier giving another go of it since there going to re-up batman in a few years and they have the new superman along with GL...they have to establish more characters in films rather than just supes and bats...instead of just lumping on summer film with all of them in it
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Well, DC made the mistake of not tying in a possible Justice League movie prior. I mean, as previously stated they scrapped the JL movie which did include Jon Stewart as the GL (Common was cast, you seriously do not remember any of this?) and Bale refused it and whoever was Superman at the time refused it too. I am pretty sure they will let Frank Miller get a ? at Batman and reboot if he does not have Stallone as Batman ( I really am not too fond of blue screen or him getting Stallone as a possible older Batman) Whoever they cast has to agree to the JL movie(s) too. They are making a Flash and scrapped a Wonder Woman movie.

The Avengers movie was great and they can make another one and possibly add Ant Man and/or Black Panther too so they can branch them off for their own movies too.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    2020 something if ever cause as stated

batman is getting rebooted
    superman also
    flash movie
    maybe a gl 2
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man honestly I kinda don't want one. They have yet to make a Wonder Woman movie, and besides the old Superman 2 from the 70s the rest of the Superman movies kinda sucked in my opinion. Green Lantern sucked, and they haven't made a movie for Flash or Martian Manhunter either. Batman the only one that's put out any quality movies.

And your analogy is kinda wierd cause your comparing popularity between two of the most popular teams in football..... just saying.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^ the new Supes movie sounds kinda bad ass. They already have a script and possibly a director for the new flash movie last i heard. And they said they originally intended GL to be a trilogy, probably gonna change directors and stuff. Nolan is a producer for Man of Steel but he's only looked up to for guidance. I guess like a final opinion on things.
  • Maximus Rex
    Options
    DC not really that good with the live action flicks.

It really wasn't until Nolan got on board for Batman that he became relevant and respectable. before that it was bat-nipples.

DC just need to stay in their lane, stick to those animated features and shows those are goat.

You must not remember the '90's. If the fate of the world was dependent upon Marvel putting out a decent movie based on one of their properities, then we'd be ? in the game.

DC is a few good screen writers, executive producers, and directors from putting out a some dope movies. I know that Kevin Smith said he doesn't want to ? with a movie that has $150 million budget because he can't gurantee 150 million dollars worth of business, but I'd love to see his vision for these characters, especially a JLA movie on the big screen.

And your analogy is kinda wierd cause your comparing popularity between two of the most popular teams in football..... just saying.

Not to go off topic, but in terms of popularity, name recoginition, and greatness>>>the 9ers HELLA>>>>Raiders

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Maximus Rex Have you read any of Kevin Smith's comics? my friend bought a couple batman comics that were written by him, they were kinda cool but he focus's a lot on comedy which i didnt like. But then again i only read 3 batmans that he wrote. I love kevin smith movies, but i wouldnt trust him with a superhero movie. just my opinion
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    in 20-Never.

Besides Batman, DC not really that good with the live action flicks.

That is true.
  • randomStalker2
    randomStalker2 Members Posts: 128
    Options
    hopefully never, the only decent live action superman is smallville,
    wonder woman would look cheap,
    not to mention green lanterns mask,
    flash's powers would be hard to make visually,
    most of the people in the dc universe have inhuman proportions so it would look lame,
  • I Am Him
    I Am Him Members Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    Options

You must not remember the '90's. If the fate of the world was dependent upon Marvel putting out a decent movie based on one of their properities, then we'd be ? in the game.

DC is a few good screen writers, executive producers, and directors from putting out a some dope movies. I know that Kevin Smith said he doesn't want to ? with a movie that has $150 million budget because he can't gurantee 150 million dollars worth of business, but I'd love to see his vision for these characters, especially a JLA movie on the big screen.

Not to go off topic, but in terms of popularity, name recoginition, and greatness>>>the 9ers HELLA>>>>Raiders

You must not remember that old JL tv show pilot from the 90's. I wold take those Hulk tv movies over Justice League Power Rangers any day.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Maybe in terms of greatness yeah, but the I still meet more Raiders fans than 49ers fans.
  • FroHawke
    FroHawke Members Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I think that'll be hard to pull off. Superman live action just never really works idk why. DC is GOAT at those animated movies though, I think they should stick to that.

Maybe a Young Justice movie might work? Or a series....
  • Maximus Rex
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote:
    @Maximus Rex Have you read any of Kevin Smith's comics? my friend bought a couple batman comics that were written by him, they were kinda cool but he focus's a lot on comedy which i didnt like. But then again i only read 3 batmans that he wrote. I love kevin smith movies, but i wouldnt trust him with a superhero movie. just my opinion

Those are on my reading list. My feeling is that Kevin Smith's vision can't be any worse than Bryan Singer or Joel Shumacher's ? guzzlin' ass.
    I Am Him wrote:

You must not remember that old JL tv show pilot from the 90's. I wold take those Hulk tv movies over Justice League Power Rangers any day.
    I think that'll be hard to pull off. Superman live action just never really works idk why. DC is GOAT at those animated movies though, I think they should stick to that.

Again, y'all are using a ? up frame of reference. DC's best comic to movies have been:

Dark Knight Returns

Batman Begins

Superman II

Superman
    Before the first Blade movie muthafuckas (for some reason) felt that comic book adaptations could only be told in a certain fashion or they were using the properties as vechiles for their own wack ass ideas that couldn't get green lit, (a la Michael Bay,)

X-Men again proved the viability of the properties and Nolan proved, that if you take the property seriously and treat it with respect, you can make a good movie.

If this was the 90's y'all would saying that Marvel needs to stick to animation because their efforts at making a film stay brickin'. Warner Bros. sees what Disney and Marvel Studios are doing with it's properties. Believe me when I say that they're saying to themselves "why can't we do the same?"

Maybe in terms of greatness yeah, but the I still meet more Raiders fans than 49ers fans.

I can't figure that ? considering they haven't won ? since the 70's. I've always said that Gayder fans are special and need Jesus in they life.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nolans batman would noy fit into the jl universe anyway.Only batman and superman known today.
  • Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For some reason WB just does not seem to have the vision to produce films that would culminate in a team up like Avengers.

There's no reason that a Batman FF couldnt be done in the same vein as the Batman animated series from back in the day. The only way a Wonder Woman film would do well is if they did it like ? Bill that can't be campy at all folks gotta be gettin done in.

If WB does end up doing a JLA movie itll probably be ? .
  • I Am Him
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote:

Those are on my reading list. My feeling is that Kevin Smith's vision can't be any worse than Bryan Singer or Joel Shumacher's ? guzzlin' ass.
    I Am Him wrote:

Again, y'all are using a ? up frame of reference. DC's best comic to movies have been:

Dark Knight Returns

Batman Begins

Superman II

Superman
    Before the first Blade movie muthafuckas (for some reason) felt that comic book adaptations could only be told in a certain fashion or they were using the properties as vechiles for their own wack ass ideas that couldn't get green lit, (a la Michael Bay,)

X-Men again proved the viability of the properties and Nolan proved, that if you take the property seriously and treat it with respect, you can make a good movie.

If this was the 90's y'all would saying that Marvel needs to stick to animation because their efforts at making a film stay brickin'. Warner Bros. sees what Disney and Marvel Studios are doing with it's properties. Believe me when I say that they're saying to themselves "why can't we do the same?"

I can't figure that ? considering they haven't won ? since the 70's. I've always said that Gayder fans are special and need Jesus in they life.

I get what you saying but it was not like DC was hitting it out of the park in the 90's either. DC did 4 movies during the 90's and you didn't name one of them. Marvel did 3 and only one came out in the movie theater. That FF movie could be considered the best worst movie of all times. Seeing them use their powers for the first time is fall on your ass funny.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Lets not act like Marvel live action movies are some the worst ? ever made damn sure worse than the worst DC movie..

In terms of terrible The PUnisher with Dolp Lundren, or this captain_america.jpg

Other than Xmen the rest of the films in the series have been trash including the Wolverine movie and the one the came out a year ago.

Ghost Rider both were terrible, DareDevil Elecktra trash.... Both Fantastic Four movies trash. The First Hulk was horrible people walking out the theatre.

Marvel have put out more ? live action flicks than DC has. Up until Spiderman the only decent live action movie was the first Blade.

And depending who talk to lots of folks felt Thor and the Captian America were garbage as well.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    not until DC has its own studio like Marvel does. and even then, its gonna be years so they can build up their heroes like marvel did
  • Maximus Rex
    Options
    Dude DC does have its own studio, its called Warner Bros. What the WB needs to stop doing is green ligthing wackass projects.
  • nujerz84
    Options
    I didnt even mention the terrible SHIELD Movies with Nick Fury made for TV movies starring David Hassellhoff....Marvel has put out much more wack ? than DC.
  • I Am Him
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Lets not act like Marvel live action movies are some the worst ? ever made damn sure worse than the worst DC movie..

In terms of terrible The PUnisher with Dolp Lundren, or this captain_america.jpg

Other than Xmen the rest of the films in the series have been trash including the Wolverine movie and the one the came out a year ago.

Ghost Rider both were terrible, DareDevil Elecktra trash.... Both Fantastic Four movies trash. The First Hulk was horrible people walking out the theatre.

Marvel have put out more ? live action flicks than DC has. Up until Spiderman the only decent live action movie was the first Blade.

And depending who talk to lots of folks felt Thor and the Captian America were garbage as well.

First point, I never said Marvel didn't have any bad live action movies, but there is no way in hell you are gonna convince me that Steele and Catwoman(kinda suspect DC that your worst movies are the ones involving black leading actors)are better than any Marvel movie ever made. I'll take Howard the Duck, Generation X, and Dolph Lundren Punisher over those two life killer movies. DC has 21 superhero movies and 17 of them are Superman or Batman related and only 6 of them are decent. Marvel has 30 movies, 16 different characters and 10 or 11 decent movies. How you have a whole universe of characters and only use two for most of your movies? I give Marvel more slack with their movies because they have the ? to try different ? . Oh yeah, How are you gonna say up until Spider-man, the only decent live action movie was Blade, when X-Men came out before Spider-Man? Also X2 is considered by many to be the best in the series.
  • I Am Him
    Options
    I didnt even mention the terrible SHIELD Movies with Nick Fury made for TV movies starring David Hassellhoff....Marvel has put out much more wack ? than DC.

I hope you don't mention that JL tv movie pilot that DC did back in the day either.
  • nujerz84
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I Am Him wrote: »

I hope you don't mention that JL tv movie pilot that DC did back in the day either.

First point, I never said Marvel didn't have any bad live action movies, but there is no way in hell you are gonna convince me that Steele and Catwoman(kinda suspect DC that your worst movies are the ones involving black leading actors)are better than any Marvel movie ever made. I'll take Howard the Duck, Generation X, and Dolph Lundren Punisher over those two life killer movies. DC has 21 superhero movies and 17 of them are Superman or Batman related and only 6 of them are decent. Marvel has 30 movies, 16 different characters and 10 or 11 decent movies. How you have a whole universe of characters and only use two for most of your movies? I give Marvel more slack with their movies because they have the ? to try different ? . Oh yeah, How are you gonna say up until Spider-man, the only decent live action movie was Blade, when X-Men came out before Spider-Man? Also X2 is considered by many to be the best in the series.

Yet the fact remains still remains that Marvel have released more ? movies than DC has. Xmen was avg and aside from the opening white house scene X2 was terrible.

When did I say Steel or Catwoman were good IMO I take those two over the orinial Captian America and Punisher Movies eaisly.

LOL at given passes for wack ass movies due to Marvel Fanboyisim....

Only one X men move was good.. at best the other Xmen were barely avg... X2, X3, Wolverine and the New Class ? were all terrible movies. Both Fantastic Four movies were horrible too. Ironman and Spiderman have been good. I liked Thor though I ve seen on many other sites people not liking it. Even the latest two Punisher Movies were ? trash.

Regardless fact remains Marvel has droppoed more wack ? than DC. Howard the Duck one of the worst movies of all time though....stop it 5.
  • nujerz84
    edited May 2012
    Options

I can mention the old Fantastic Four movie or Spiderman TV shows too. DC has its fair share of ? ups but not as much as Marvel in the movie deptartment.

Nor is Marvel anywhere close to DC in animation or live action TV shows.