When Do We Get Our Justice League Movie

Options

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall hear they are making a Green Arrow TV show?
  • Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wack Marvel movies

Fantastic Four
    FF Rise of Silver Surfer
    Daredevil
    Elektra
    Ghost Rider
    GR: Spirit of Vengeance
    Punisher Warzone
    The Punisher (Dolph L.)
    Nick Fury Agent of Shield
    Generation X
    XMen 3
    Spiderman 3
    Hulk (ang lee)
    Wolverine

Aight Movies

Punisher
    Blade Trinity
    Xmen

Dope Marvel Movies

Blade
    Blade 2
    Spiderman
    Spiderman 2
    Xmen 2
    Thor
    Captain America
    Iron Man
    Iron Man 2
    Avengers
    Incredible Hulk
    Hulk Vs (Animated)
    Ultimate Avengers (animated)
    Ultimate Avengers 2 (animated)
    Invincible Iron Man (animated)
    Xmen First Class

Although the list is not complete there are several more titles from the 80s and 70s that belong in the wack column, but I would say that although marvel has made several duds, they have also shown the ability to make some instant classic, like ? on the level of Star Wars franchise. It seems that the duds they have learned their lesson and will attempt several reboots e;g Daredevil, and there is another Wolverine movie coming out.

DC on the other hand has shown to be uninspired in anything live film outside of Batman, I'll count the Watchers too since Vertigo is a property of DC. There have only been 2 decent Superman movies and they were in the 70s, Three Batman thus far, and Green lantern was ? .

However perhaps Marvel's success will spark DC's rivalry and they will make these movies to the benefit of the fans, because DC is getting buried in the live action film dept.

• A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    i see youngins who probably can't even recall the crazy impact Batman '89 had let alone the Superman movies. to say ? like Superman just doesn't work on the big screen is hilarious to me, Richard Donner Superman and Superman II with Zod and his crew are bonafide classics based on impact and recognition.. these movies plus the Burton Batman films created the game. it was 2 straight decades of DC dominance while Marvel was churning out straight garbage after garbage B-movie flicks.

But nowadays ok.. when will Marvel make a movie that isn't strictly for families? i liked the Avengers but you have to admit its about as non-threatening, safe for family consumption as you can get and it's only gonna stay trending that way under Disney ownership and the amount of money Avengers is making. They dropped the ball on 3 Punisher movies and 2 wack Ghost Rider movies, so i guess we're happy to just have PG level live action Marvel cartoons now? nice then that DC will actually think out of the box and put out mature comic book films like Watchmen, V for Vendetta, Road to Perdition, Constantine and History of Violence. not to mention the DC animated films have more violence and cursing then most Marvel live action.
    Dope Marvel Movies

Blade
    Blade 2
    Spiderman
    Spiderman 2
    Xmen 2
    Thor
    Captain America
    Iron Man
    Iron Man 2
    Avengers
    Incredible Hulk
    Hulk Vs (Animated)
    Xmen First Class

disagree with the Spiderman movies, Captain America and Iron Man 2 - those were wack to me, not buying it as long as you call the GL movie ? . Spiderman 1 doesn't hold up, part 2 stays overrated. Captain America was kinda terrible and Iron Man 2 a mess. and you want to count 4 animated Marvel movies when DC has about 15 dope ones really?
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    reaperbong wrote: »
    i see youngins who probably can't even recall the crazy impact Batman '89 had let alone the Superman movies. to say ? like Superman just doesn't work on the big screen is hilarious to me, Richard Donner Superman and Superman II with Zod and his crew are bonafide classics based on impact and recognition.. these movies plus the Burton Batman films created the game. it was 2 straight decades of DC dominance while Marvel was churning out straight garbage after garbage B-movie flicks.

But nowadays ok.. when will Marvel make a movie that isn't strictly for families? i liked the Avengers but you have to admit its about as non-threatening, safe for family consumption as you can get and it's only gonna stay trending that way under Disney ownership and the amount of money Avengers is making. They dropped the ball on 3 Punisher movies and 2 wack Ghost Rider movies, so i guess we're happy to just have PG level live action Marvel cartoons now? nice then that DC will actually think out of the box and put out mature comic book films like Watchmen, V for Vendetta, Road to Perdition, Constantine and History of Violence. not to mention the DC animated films have more violence and cursing then most Marvel live action.
    Dope Marvel Movies

Blade
    Blade 2
    Spiderman
    Spiderman 2
    Xmen 2
    Thor
    Captain America
    Iron Man
    Iron Man 2
    Avengers
    Incredible Hulk
    Hulk Vs (Animated)
    Xmen First Class

disagree with the Spiderman movies, Captain America and Iron Man 2 - those were wack to me, not buying it as long as you call the GL movie ? . Spiderman 1 doesn't hold up, part 2 stays overrated. Captain America was kinda terrible and Iron Man 2 a mess. and you want to count 4 animated Marvel movies when DC has about 15 dope ones really?

chuuch.....................
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    edited May 2012
    Options
    ya'll caught up in the moment acting like Marvel has the movie game on lock like that. Avengers is not receiving the level of critical praise like The Dark Knight, not even close. Roger Ebert gave it a half star more than Green Lantern (which he liked better than Thor btw.) Marvel is just now reaching the level of recognition that DC properties achieved back in the 70's with Superman, the 80's with Batman and nowadays with the Nolan movies. i know that bandwagon is heavy right now but damn, don't let the hype cloud your mind, especially with The Dark Knight Rises and Man of Steel on the horizon.

SMH at this though:
    I'll count the Watchers too since Vertigo is a property of DC

Watchmen (published by DC Comics in the mid 80's before Vertigo) is the definitive genre classic (along with The Dark Knight Returns) and the only graphic novel listed in Time's list of All-TIME 100 Greatest Novels, just so you know. Marvel doesn't have any mature source material to draw from anywhere close to as recognized as Watchmen, let alone would they have the ? to put it into R rated production with a real budget, especially now with Disney pulling the strings.
  • nujerz84
    Options
    how some of ya'll really acting like Marvel has the movie game on lock like that? Avengers is not receiving the level of critical praise like The Dark Knight, not even close. Roger Ebert gave it a half star more than Green Lantern (which he liked better than Thor btw.) Marvel is just now reaching the level of recognition that DC properties achieved back in the 70's with Superman, the 80's with Batman and nowadays with the Nolan movies. i know that bandwagon is heavy right now but damn, don't let the hype cloud your mind, especially with The Dark Knight Rises and Man of Steel on the horizon.

SMH at this though:
    I'll count the Watchers too since Vertigo is a property of DC

Watchmen (published by DC Comics in the mid 80's before Vertigo) is the definitive genre classic (along with The Dark Knight Returns) and the only graphic novel listed in Time's list of All-TIME 100 Greatest Novels, just so you know. Marvel doesn't have any mature source material to draw from anywhere close to as recognized as Watchmen, let alone would they have the ? to put it into R rated production with a real budget, especially now with Disney pulling the strings.

Too add Before Watchmen new comics that coming out is published by DC Comics not Vertigo.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    edited May 2012
    Options
    1 more thing: Jonah Hex wasn't even that bad. it was better than Captain America. Its more stylish with dark undertones and a great original score.. Megan Fox also sexy as ? . the short running time plus style and pacing makes it a lot more rewatchable than Captain America. contrasting these two movies is an example of DC trying something different and more mature (but failing) while Marvel always plays it safe pandering to general audiences. i'll take the former because at least they set out to make an engaging movie for adults, even if it doesn't always make the most cash.

SMH @ kid friendly 'hydra' Nazis with laser guns.. yea let's trivialize WWII into some Disneyfied ? .

i say forget a JLA movie, DC just stay in their own lane making dope individual movies, maybe a Batman/Superman movie at some point. press ahead with more horror/adult themed (even R rated) individual flicks featuring characters like The Spectre, Deadman, the Demon, Preacher, Sandman, Constantine ect. keep on track with GL 2, WW, Flash movies at some point. ? would be straight, let Marvel have the bright and colorful family friendly lane because even a Wonder Woman movie will need to be dark and violent with actual war and killing in order to stay true to the character. ya'll forget DC has the TV game down tight so they got that too.
  • nujerz84
    Options
    1 more thing: Jonah Hex wasn't even that bad. it was better than Captain America. Its more stylish with dark undertones and a great original score.. Megan Fox also sexy as ? . the short running time plus style and pacing makes it a lot more rewatchable than Captain America. contrasting these two movies is an example of DC trying something different and more mature (but failing) while Marvel always plays it safe pandering to general audiences. i'll take the former because at least they set out to make an engaging movie for adults, even if it doesn't always make the most cash.

SMH @ kid friendly 'hydra' Nazis with laser guns.. yea let's trivialize WWII into some Disneyfied ? .

i say forget a JLA movie, DC just stay in their own lane making dope individual movies, maybe a Batman/Superman movie at some point. press ahead with more horror/adult themed (even R rated) individual flicks featuring characters like The Spectre, Deadman, the Demon, Preacher, Sandman, Constantine ect. keep on track with GL 2, WW, Flash movies at some point. ? would be straight, let Marvel have the bright and colorful family friendly lane because even a Wonder Woman movie will need to be dark and violent with actual war and killing in order to stay true to the character. ya'll forget DC has the TV game down tight so they got that too.

The Wonder Woman ANimated Movie was orignally Rated R... it had to make some changes to get the PG-13 rating.. and you still have heads chopped off etc.
  • I Am Him
    I Am Him Members Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    Options
    All I hear in the last couple of posts are opinions. I could have put up some numbers that show that Marvel has owned the live action movies business for at least 15 years now, but that wouldn't change anybody's mind so I won't. Just because you don't like Cap, or Spider-Man 2, or whatever does not mean it is garbage. It's just garbage to you, which is cool. I thought the Dark Knight was overrated, but that does not mean it is true. My feeling on the matter is, I want Marvel and DC to make good comic book movies because I like comic book movies. I like seeing Hellboy, Spawn, and even Kick-Ass. The only way we will get more is if more people go to see them. Hollywood does not give a flying ? that you want more R rated Marvel movies. They are there to get money, why would you limit yourself to one slice when you can eat the whole pie? They don't make these movies just for comic book fans like myself. Why wouldn't they put Hydra in the Cap movie, especially since they set them up as a part of the nazis? How much sense would it make to have the nazis fighting Cap in the present day? As far as DC's tv game goes? Good. I want DC to make good live action tv shows and keep making the animated movies and shows. Maybe Marvel will get off their ass and start using Disney to make some good animated movies and shows.
  • I Am Him
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    I Am Him wrote: »
    I didnt even mention the terrible SHIELD Movies with Nick Fury made for TV movies starring David Hassellhoff....Marvel has put out much more wack ? than DC.

I hope you don't mention that JL tv movie pilot that DC did back in the day either.
    Lets not act like Marvel live action movies are some the worst ? ever made damn sure worse than the worst DC movie..

In terms of terrible The PUnisher with Dolp Lundren, or this captain_america.jpg

Other than Xmen the rest of the films in the series have been trash including the Wolverine movie and the one the came out a year ago.

Ghost Rider both were terrible, DareDevil Elecktra trash.... Both Fantastic Four movies trash. The First Hulk was horrible people walking out the theatre.

Marvel have put out more ? live action flicks than DC has. Up until Spiderman the only decent live action movie was the first Blade.

And depending who talk to lots of folks felt Thor and the Captian America were garbage as well.

First point, I never said Marvel didn't have any bad live action movies, but there is no way in hell you are gonna convince me that Steele and Catwoman(kinda suspect DC that your worst movies are the ones involving black leading actors)are better than any Marvel movie ever made. I'll take Howard the Duck, Generation X, and Dolph Lundren Punisher over those two life killer movies. DC has 21 superhero movies and 17 of them are Superman or Batman related and only 6 of them are decent. Marvel has 30 movies, 16 different characters and 10 or 11 decent movies. How you have a whole universe of characters and only use two for most of your movies? I give Marvel more slack with their movies because they have the ? to try different ? . Oh yeah, How are you gonna say up until Spider-man, the only decent live action movie was Blade, when X-Men came out before Spider-Man? Also X2 is considered by many to be the best in the series.

Yet the fact remains still remains that Marvel have released more ? movies than DC has. Xmen was avg and aside from the opening white house scene X2 was terrible.

When did I say Steel or Catwoman were good IMO I take those two over the orinial Captian America and Punisher Movies eaisly.

LOL at given passes for wack ass movies due to Marvel Fanboyisim....

Only one X men move was good.. at best the other Xmen were barely avg... X2, X3, Wolverine and the New Class ? were all terrible movies. Both Fantastic Four movies were horrible too. Ironman and Spiderman have been good. I liked Thor though I ve seen on many other sites people not liking it. Even the latest two Punisher Movies were ? trash.

Regardless fact remains Marvel has droppoed more wack ? than DC. Howard the Duck one of the worst movies of all time though....stop it 5.

Any fact that can't be proved is still an opinion.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    edited May 2012
    Options
    All I hear in the last couple of posts are opinions. I could have put up some numbers that show that Marvel has owned the live action movies business for at least 15 years now, but that wouldn't change anybody's mind so I won't. Just because you don't like Cap, or Spider-Man 2, or whatever does not mean it is garbage. It's just garbage to you, which is cool. I thought the Dark Knight was overrated, but that does not mean it is true. My feeling on the matter is, I want Marvel and DC to make good comic book movies because I like comic book movies. I like seeing Hellboy, Spawn, and even Kick-Ass. The only way we will get more is if more people go to see them. Hollywood does not give a flying ? that you want more R rated Marvel movies. They are there to get money, why would you limit yourself to one slice when you can eat the whole pie? They don't make these movies just for comic book fans like myself. Why wouldn't they put Hydra in the Cap movie, especially since they set them up as a part of the nazis? How much sense would it make to have the nazis fighting Cap in the present day? As far as DC's tv game goes? Good. I want DC to make good live action tv shows and keep making the animated movies and shows. Maybe Marvel will get off their ass and start using Disney to make some good animated movies and shows.

i can co-sign this post for the most part.. except for i don't really care about the revenue like that my concern is quality, Fantastic 4 made a good profit but people love to trash those movies. idk i really liked Iron Man and Thor but was let down by Iron Man 2 and Captain America.. to me Avengers could have been so much better. i tried my best to enjoy it i was hyped and enjoyed it for what it is but the more i think about it you realize there was so much missed opportunity. i don't think Josh Whedon's writing was right for this.. wasn't fluid with the other movies the tone was off just way more Iron Man 2/Captain America than what made Thor and Hulk great movies. its what it is though hopefully the sequel will truly ? away like the way most people seem to be reacting about this one.
  • nujerz84
    Options
    I can see a Teen Titan or Young Justice movie before Justice League
  • Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I came back just to collect my L.

• yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i can co-sign this post for the most part.. except for i don't really care about the revenue like that my concern is quality, Fantastic 4 made a good profit but people love to trash those movies. idk i really liked Iron Man and Thor but was let down by Iron Man 2 and Captain America.. to me Avengers could have been so much better. i tried my best to enjoy it i was hyped and enjoyed it for what it is but the more i think about it you realize there was so much missed opportunity. i don't think Josh Whedon's writing was right for this.. wasn't fluid with the other movies the tone was off just way more Iron Man 2/Captain America than what made Thor and Hulk great movies. its what it is though hopefully the sequel will truly ? away like the way most people seem to be reacting about this one.

The Avengers is great. You had expectations that ruined it, your fault bro.
  • I Am Him
    Options

The Avengers is great. You had expectations that ruined it, your fault bro.

I really don't know what they could have done to make this movie any better. To me, this was the prerfect comic book movie. There was just enough of everything to justify the 2 hour and change time limit without the movie seeming long. Not to diss TDK, so DC fanboys be easy, but there were parts of that movie that just did not need to be there.

• Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Probably and hopefully never. Marvel lucked the ? out by simply basing their whole movieverse essentially off of the Ultimate Universe. DC has no ultimateverse to jumpstart a movieverse off of and even if they did, DC characters outside of Batman and Superman aren't compelling enough to build multi film franchise off of, never have been.

However, I do think a movie based off of the Morrison JLA New World Order story arc could work very well. Though I know IF Dc were to do a JLA movie, they'd want to use the first arc of the current Johns/Lee JLA.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Less to do with being kid friendly and more to do with:

A) All of the execs are Jewish

and

B) How you gon sell toys splattered with swastikas b
  • nujerz84
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Second Tier characters like Dr Strange can get a movie over Justice League makes no sense to me but I forgot Disney owns Marvel.
  • Ajax McJones
    Ajax McJones Members Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭
    Options
    a superman/batman movie is a little more realistic then a whole JLA movie
  • I Am Him
    Options
    Probably and hopefully never. Marvel lucked the ? out by simply basing their whole movieverse essentially off of the Ultimate Universe. DC has no ultimateverse to jumpstart a movieverse off of and even if they did, DC characters outside of Batman and Superman aren't compelling enough to build multi film franchise off of, never have been.

However, I do think a movie based off of the Morrison JLA New World Order story arc could work very well. Though I know IF Dc were to do a JLA movie, they'd want to use the first arc of the current Johns/Lee JLA.

I don't think Thor or Iron Man was based on the Ultimate version and I don't think a decision they made was luck, but it was smart of them to go the Ultimate route.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options

• I Am Him
    Options

Less to do with being kid friendly and more to do with:

A) All of the execs are Jewish

and

B) How you gon sell toys splattered with swastikas b

agree 100%, these movies are not made for the fans of the comics.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    from what i heard about DC is they don't know how to handle superman this aint the 70's, it's hard to write good material for someone who has no weakness at all, not even character flaw's hes a boyscout
  • I Am Him
    Options
    Second Tier characters like Dr Strange can get a movie over Justice League makes no sense to me but I forgot Disney owns Marvel.

And Warner Bros. owns DC. if anything DC should have done this years ago because all of their characters are in house.
  • I Am Him
    Options

a superman/batman movie is a little more realistic then a whole JLA movie or WW movie at this point