When Do We Get Our Justice League Movie

13»

Comments

• Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Am Him wrote: »
    Probably and hopefully never. Marvel lucked the ? out by simply basing their whole movieverse essentially off of the Ultimate Universe. DC has no ultimateverse to jumpstart a movieverse off of and even if they did, DC characters outside of Batman and Superman aren't compelling enough to build multi film franchise off of, never have been.

However, I do think a movie based off of the Morrison JLA New World Order story arc could work very well. Though I know IF Dc were to do a JLA movie, they'd want to use the first arc of the current Johns/Lee JLA.

I don't think Thor or Iron Man was based on the Ultimate version and I don't think a decision they made was luck, but it was smart of them to go the Ultimate route.

true enough... But the modernization spirit of the Ultimate universe is still present in all of the movies. The really only Ultimate aspects of the Iron Man franchise is that Stark from the get go is a public Super Hero. And Thor's origin is no where near his 616 or Ultimate version but actually ties in more 616 than I wouldve expected.

I was saying it was luck because when the Ultimate line was created, i'm sure the primary motivation was to just create a modern line of books to get new fans without the mess of continuity....not create a line that we can basically base our movieverse off of.
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Batman/Superman movie would be great, but would need to happen after they reboot Batman and what about the new Flash movie bro?
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    MobTown wrote: »
    from what i heard about DC is they don't know how to handle superman this aint the 70's, it's hard to write good material for someone who has no weakness at all, not even character flaw's hes a boyscout

there's a new Superman movie coming out next year that looks to be shittin on this viewpoint. also i guess you never heard of Smallville? not much of a fan myself but it was hugely popular
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are making a Green Arrow TV show too. havent heard much about it other than the poster.
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    reaperbong wrote: »
    from what i heard about DC is they don't know how to handle superman this aint the 70's, it's hard to write good material for someone who has no weakness at all, not even character flaw's hes a boyscout

there's a new Superman movie coming out next year that looks to be shittin on this viewpoint. also i guess you never heard of Smallville? not much of a fan myself but it was hugely popular

The finale sucked so bad
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

yea its a test re imagining of superman, also that superman like the Nolan Batman are in their own universes why you could never tie them in to big projects as both directors said they would not allow it. And yea never ? with small ville....all that tween non sense no thanks
  • I Am Him
    I Am Him Members Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    I Am Him wrote: »
    Probably and hopefully never. Marvel lucked the ? out by simply basing their whole movieverse essentially off of the Ultimate Universe. DC has no ultimateverse to jumpstart a movieverse off of and even if they did, DC characters outside of Batman and Superman aren't compelling enough to build multi film franchise off of, never have been.

However, I do think a movie based off of the Morrison JLA New World Order story arc could work very well. Though I know IF Dc were to do a JLA movie, they'd want to use the first arc of the current Johns/Lee JLA.

I don't think Thor or Iron Man was based on the Ultimate version and I don't think a decision they made was luck, but it was smart of them to go the Ultimate route.

true enough... But the modernization spirit of the Ultimate universe is still present in all of the movies. The really only Ultimate aspects of the Iron Man franchise is that Stark from the get go is a public Super Hero. And Thor's origin is no where near his 616 or Ultimate version but actually ties in more 616 than I wouldve expected.

I was saying it was luck because when the Ultimate line was created, i'm sure the primary motivation was to just create a modern line of books to get new fans without the mess of continuity....not create a line that we can basically base our movieverse off of.

yeah, i can agree with that
  • CottonCitySlim
    edited May 2012
    I just think the best bet is to try and figure out how to get the other lesser known characters established(i.e. WW, MMH,Flash and GL, but WB is probably scared to death of that now since Green Lantern Flopped so bad, it didn't even make them any profit so they canceled GL2. If this upcoming flash movie flops WB will stick with Batman and maybe supes if he doesn't flop this time.

On Another note if Nolan was never such a cry baby you could of had a JL movie. As everyone knows it was casted and in filming but Nolan's bats was so big at the time he said that he didn't want the public to get confused at seeing 2 batman's, so he eventually got it canceled and refused to be involved in anyway(aka don't associate my Batman with that movie). However he resigned on a consultant not director to the Batman reboot so he is over seeing and lending his input into that movie.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How the WB do a JSA, Titans, LSH movie as prelude to JLA movie. That they cab work out all of the kinks.
  • Maximus Rex
    edited June 2012
    Told y'all DC was going to try to do a JLA movie

Justice League’ movie hopes to finally bring Batman and Superman together on screen

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/justice-league-movie-hopes-finally-bring-batman-superman-203740882.html

.By Matt McDaniel | Movie Talk – 19 hours ago.. .

Justice League of America (Photo courtesy of DC Comics)

If teaming up worked for Iron Man, Thor and The Hulk, it has to work for Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman, right?

Warner Bros. Pictures seems to think so, as Variety reported yesterday that the studio has hired a new writer to bring DC Comics' "Justice League" to the big screen. Just as "The Avengers" assembled the biggest heroes from Marvel Comics, "Justice League" would see DC's iconic characters joining forces to save the world. (DC Comics is a division of Warner Bros. Entertainment.) The fact that "The Avengers" is now the third highest-grossing film of all time with $1.3 billion worldwide seems to have reignited the fire to get the other legendary superhero team up on movie screens.

[Related: Christian Bale gets emotional remembering Heath Ledger]

Variety's report states that Will Beall, who wrote the upcoming "Gangster Squad" (starring Ryan Gosling and Josh Brolin) for Warner Bros., has been hired to take on the screenplay. Beall previously wrote for TV's "Castle," but he has also been announced as the writer for new movie versions of "Logan's Run" and "Lethal Weapon 5."

While interest in a "Justice League" movie has certainly been rekindled by the record-breaking success of "The Avengers," the project has been in the works for several years. Director George Miller ("Mad Max," "Happy Feet") was hired for the film in the fall of 2007, with production scheduled to begin the next year for a planned 2009 release.

The original plan was to have a completely fresh cast of actors take on the comic book roles, separate from any existing franchise. Unlike "The Avengers," where the original stars returned, this would have a different cast (so no Christian Bale as Batman). At the time, Armie Hammer ("The Social Network") was attached to play Batman, with D.J. Cotrona as Superman, Adam Brody as the Flash, and Megan Gale as Wonder Woman.

[Related: Christian Bale's comment opens the door for another 'Batman' movie]

The Writer's Guild strike in late 2007 put a halt to the project, however. The production went into an indefinite hiatus, with George Miller moving on to a new "Mad Max" reboot, which is scheduled to start filming soon. In the intervening years, Warner Bros. released the disappointing "Green Lantern," with "The Dark Knight Rises" coming this summer and the new Superman film "The Man of Steel" slated for next June.

That wasn't the first time Warner Bros. tried and failed to get DC's heaviest hitters together in one movie. In the early 2000s, the studio developed "Batman Vs. Superman," which would have pitted the two heroes against each other (though in the end they would team up to take on Lex Luthor). Josh Hartnett was rumored for Superman, with Colin Farrell considered for Batman. But that was eventually shelved in favor of Christopher Nolan's "Batman Begins."

[Related: Catwoman leaps out in new 'Dark Knight Rises' TV spots]

Currently, there isn't a director, cast or release date for "Justice League," but summer of 2014 seems like it would be the earliest we could expect to see it. There are also a host of individual DC superhero movies in development, including the Flash, Wonder Woman, and Lobo.

It's also unclear if Warner Bros. still plans to keep the "Justice League" as a separate continuity from the standalone movies, or integrate them the way Marvel built up to "The Avengers." When Joss Whedon, the director of "The Avengers" was asked if he had any advice for the people making "Justice League," he jokingly answered, "Call me." He followed it by saying that it's harder to bring DC characters to the screen than Marvel since they are "from an old, bygone era" where heroes were less flawed and grounded. And Whedon would know, since he tried to bring "Wonder Woman" to the screen in another project that stalled out several years ago.

Which DC Comics characters would you most like to see in a "Justice League" movie, and who would you want to play them? Tell us in the comments.

• I Am Him
    I Am Him Members Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    i'm more interested in the ww, flash, and lobo news. it's good to see DC finally trying out some of their other characters. if marvel could do Howard the Duck, why is DC so scared to put out a WW movie?
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭

The finale sucked so bad

this guy would disagree

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z07MMlFqGvQ
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frankly I'd do a Worlds Finest movie before I'd even dream off a JLA movie.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id love a Deathstroke movie. A Reboot of Green Lantern would be dope or maybe do Green Lantern 2 with John Stewart to go fight the sinestro corps. When i was growing up the Justice league cartoon was always with John Stewart too, so itd be cool to see him in the movie. Then tie in Green Lantern 2 with the Justice league movies. Maybe Ryan Reynolds character could make an appearance in a battle or some ? .
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Frankly I'd do a Worlds Finest movie before I'd even dream off a JLA movie.

• Maximus Rex
    edited October 2012
    Looks Like We Got Our Justice League movie.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=68886#GjbQqOHAOGoIcrf0.99p.s.:
    JUSTICE LEAGUE Movie To Shoot Next Year, Set For 2015 Release

After Warner Bros'. win in the Superman case, the studio is now expected to "accelerate development" of their planned Justice League movie, shooting as early as next year with a 2015 release date in mind - putting it head-to-head with The Avengers 2!..

Mark "RorMachine" Cassidy - 10/18/2012

It seems that Warner Bros'. win against the heirs of Superman co-creator Joe Shuster means that the studio can now focus on bringing the various DC heroes together for their planned Justice League movie. Although we knew this was already in the works, apparently a loss yesterday would have meant serious problems for any further use of Superman's key mythology on-screen, thus hidering production. But now, according to The LA Times - citing "a knowledgeable person not authorized to discuss the matter publicly" - it's full speed ahead..

"Warner hopes to shoot the film next year and release it in the summer of 2015. The studio already has a "Justice League" script in the works. Next it needs to attach a director and then cast the lead roles."

Yes, we may very well be looking at the ultimate DC/Marvel war when both Justice League and the sequel to The Avengers come our way in 2015. The site also confirm that WB are taking a reverse approach to Marvel when bringing the various characters to the big screen, as apparently the "plan is to spin out other superheroes into their own movies following "Justice League.". Is that a smart move? Guess we'll find out. Gangster Squad screenwriter Will Beall is currently working on the Justice League script, so hopefully we will begin hearing some (solid) news on potential directors soon.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lmao they gonna fail going up against Avengers 2, Marvel uses all the solo movies to build up to the Avengers
  • thenatureboy
    thenatureboy Members Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually don't think DC needs to take the exact approach as Marvel and have every JL member have a seperate movie, Superman and Batman are 2 of the most iconic figures in comics and Wonder Woman has to be the most famous female superhero even if people don't exactly know the details of her origin.

While I think Marvel did a great job in building up to Avengers and Avengers 2 will most likely be a better film because Marvel has their ? in order while Warner Bros and DC are really lacking, I really don't want to see a bunch of origin films for DC people. I am interested to seeing who they cast for the roles because that will be crucial.
  • CottonCitySlim
    i think it will fail, they would have to go this route and make it look like this

http://youtu.be/H7Nf-m6WGl4

The powers are too escentric to do something on the screen. They will fail or succeed with how Flash GL(again) and the other heroes are done. And they have to cast the right WW. She is a 6 ft built amazon, not a skinny Hollywood model.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reminds me of that ill ass fan-made trailer I peeped a while ago
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwZwaVl_280
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^haha that was sick. some clever trickery going on there
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^haha that was sick. some clever trickery going on there

Word. Soon as that ? said " This isn't a car." I was geeked as hell