No Homos In My Comics Please

Options
Maximus Rex
Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in Quite Comical
It may have started before then but before me, it started innocently enough in with Superman #15. Then Captain Maggie Sawyer of Metropolis Special Crimes Unit. Captain Sawyer's daughter had came up missing and she had enlisted the help of Supes to find her kid. Later in the story we learn that Maggie lost custody of her daughter because she was a ? .

The beauty of this story is that Bryne never uses the word "lesbian," in the story. It's all insinuated. He leaves hints and hope your smart enough to figure it out. Later, in Superman Annual # 2 Inspector Dan Turpin admits to his feelings to himself about Captain Sawyer. He pops up unannounced at her apartment with flowers in hand. Captain Sawyer not realizing Turpin is there refers to her lover as "babe." These are all the instances of homosexuality I have in the about 200 issues of Superman I have. Captain Sawyer is usually shown in her capacity as head of the S.C.U.

Unfortunately this is changing. Slowly but surely Both Marvel and DC are introducing more and more ? and ? characters. Eventually there will be a ? or ? in every title the companies put out. Just like it's mandatory on a MTV reality series there's at least on ? in the cast.

I've been a fanboy since I was 13. Comics are a very big part of my life. Due to budgetary constraints I forced to leave the hobby I loved for many years. Now that I'm back I'm not liking what I'm seeing. A major change in direction for Superman and DC for that matter, and the use of "death," gimmicks to sale books among others.

But the ? thing is ? because there's clearly an agenda being put forth. Like most of the media it's clear that the writers are left leaning and have ? or ? relatives or friends, or are themselves ? suckers and butt wranglers. They see sucking ? and ? licking as normal behavior.

I find homosexuality repulsive and disgusting as I do lesbianism. Of course I have that typical hypocritical view of female bisexuality buts another issue. Why are the writers and editors arrogant enough to believe that just because they my like sucking ? , that me the reader wants to read how Batwoman wants to have a threeway with Power Girl and Wonder Woman or how in Ultimate X-Men The Beast wants Logan to give him a prostate exam. ? and ? aren't apart of life and I definitely don't want them to be a part of my comics.

Why should this sexual behavior be on display as opposed to a character that has a penchant for exhibitionism, masochism, or ? . Why are writers trying to normalize homosexuality?

And this is the really ? up part about it. It's cool to have ? and ? characters running around but where's the conservative right wing Christian, Libertarian or traditional values character? These characters are noticeably absent. To add insult to injury Joe Quesada, Marvel's editor-in-chief banned smoking but allows ? ass characters in his books. Why is one lifestyle choice acceptable, but the other isn't?
Edit/Delete Message

Comments

• ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited July 2010
    Options
    the comics are only being realistic
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    the comics are only being realistic

shaddup ? mary.
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited July 2010
    Options
    shaddup ? mary.

thats rude and hurtful dude.
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    So there shouldn't be any homosexuals in the comics why exactly? I'm sure it's not showin' ? ? in the comic, so why are you upset that comics are beginning to better reflect the society we live in? If you had it your way there wouldn't be any blacks in the comics because that's too "risqué" for your tastes. Smh.
  • Maximus Rex
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Yes they are. There was an issue of X-Force were Rictor was tonguing down Shatterstar. I don't need to see that ? . As far a "better reflection of society," that's ? . Again showing people in comics with a particular sexual proclivity isn't a reflection of society. Some people like to ? young boys. Some people like to ? three and four people at the same time. Some folks like to get ? on. According to you, these people should be included in comics because it's a reflection of our society.

Also where's the balance? It's cool to have all of these ? a nd ? in comicdom, but where's the traditional or conservative character? Where's the character that's down with the Tea Party. And answer me this, why Joe Quesada think it's cool to have ? ass characters, but smoking is banned in all Marvel books. Why is one life style choice cool, but the other isn't. As far as Blacks, you can't compare race to people's sexual practices.
  • earth two superman
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Yes they are. There was an issue of X-Force were Rictor was tonguing down Shatterstar. I don't need to see that ? . As far a "better reflection of society," that's ? . Again showing people in comics with a particular sexual proclivity isn't a reflection of society. Some people like to ? young boys. Some people like to ? three and four people at the same time. Some folks like to get ? on. According to you, these people should be included in comics because it's a reflection of our society.

Also where's the balance? It's cool to have all of these ? a nd ? in comicdom, but where's the traditional or conservative character? Where's the character that's down with the Tea Party. And answer me this, why Joe Quesada think it's cool to have ? ass characters, but smoking is banned in all Marvel books. Why is one life style choice cool, but the other isn't. As far as Blacks, you can't compare race to people's sexual practices.

I can guarantee you you look hard enough, youll find characters like that in SOME comic out there.

And like I said b4 thatdamngay deleted my post

Hawkman
    Iron Man
    Superman
    Lois Lane
    Wildcat
    Wolverine

and many more have shown conservative values at some point. Even Lex Luthor becoming president was modeled after Bush's 2000 election. Down with the tea party? who the hell is gonna wanna be down with a group that isnt even sure what theyre rallying against? Nothing about them screams out heroic, so why would any hero be modeled after them? Besides theyre a very young movement. They showed up in a captain america comic but they were portrayed as angry, confused and boderline racist which isnt much of a strecth really.

If you honestly are looking for republican values in your entertainment, I suggest you try something different than comics and graphic novels. 95% of the time, its gonna be a very liberal medium. hell the biggest comic book character of all time is himself an immigrant.
  • eonimod
    eonimod Members Posts: 225
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Tha Killer wrote: »
    So there shouldn't be any homosexuals in the comics why exactly? I'm sure it's not showin' ? ? in the comic, so why are you upset that comics are beginning to better reflect the society we live in? If you had it your way there wouldn't be any blacks in the comics because that's too "risqué" for your tastes. Smh.

So now you're comparing being black to being a ? ?
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    guess threadstarter isn't a Alpha Flight fan
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    eonimod wrote: »
    So now you're comparing being black to being a ? ?

minority group? check
    hated by the majority? check
    yeah i'd say its about the same ? as far as representation
  • Based GAWD
    Based GAWD Members Posts: 1,168
    edited July 2010
    Options
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    smh@every male in here defending the ?
  • thephantasm
    thephantasm Members Posts: 565 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    By homos you mean ? ? That's just a feeling.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Smh at wolverine's son being a ? out of all ? they had to make his son the ?
  • Maximus Rex
    edited May 2012
    Options
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/21/dc-comics-? -superhero-i_n_1533105.html

The ? subtext of comic book superheroes has been a hot topic in the ? community for some time. Now comics fans and the lesbian, ? , bisexual and transgender (LGBT) blogosphere is abuzz with news that a major DC Comics character will "come out" in a future issue.

Details of the character and his specific story arc are relatively scarce thus far, but as Bleeding Cool is reporting, DC Comics co-publisher Dan DiDio told attendees at the Kapow Comic Convention in London that the superhero -- an established player in one of the series, and was originally introduced as straight -- will become "one of our most prominent ? characters."

DC Comics has produced some of the comic book world's most iconic superheroes, including Superman, Wonder Woman and others. Senior Vice President Bob Wayne compared his company's policy on ? characters to that of President Obama in that it "has evolved."

DiDio previously hinted at the introduction of a ? character last year in an interview with The Advocate. "What we really wanted to do was show the diversity of our audience across the line of our books," he said at the time. "Right now we have such a wide fan base and we wanted to create characters and stories that really reflected [that] fan base."

As a fanboy this really saddens me that two entities that have provided me with so much joy andn entertainment for 27 years have to stoop to such a ? up level to sell books. ? disguesting. This obvious pandering to such a small segment to the fandom is beyond ? up and is another piece of evidence that homos are invading and spreading there pernicious influence like a cancer. Homos in comics need to be ? banned, NOW!

More than likely DC is going to make Diana a ? for obvious reasons. Even though it's logical and makes the most sense, Rex cannot and most importantly WILL NOT support this movement. It's ? up, because if it is Diana, I have to think long and hard on whether or not I'll buy her book.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SMH why use a current character...why not just create a new character...
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Then Again im not surprised DC is doing it... if you been up on the New 52 usually the last page has updates of whats been going on up in the DC offices...and they proudly touted a outright ? and Lesbian High School for ? , ? , Bi, Tran Students located in NYC recent visit to the DC offices.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    t/s said "where's the comic book character that supports the Tea Party" lmfao ? outta here with that wack ?

this ? wanna see Captain Confederacy punch out Obama's lights and fight an abortion doctor supervillain.

whoever DC makes ? , I hope its Rex's favorite character (look I'll say it again, Wonder Woman is and always has been a corny ass superhero)
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if i buy a comic book and it has 2 ? kissing, thats the last time i'm buying that ? .
    I cant do nothing about a character being ? , its whatever, but if they gonna ? up jimmy olsen and have him and perry making out, then i prolly wouldnt read superman or that writers ? again.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A bunch of men running around in tights is already pretty ?
  • I Am Him
    I Am Him Members Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess you don't like Batwoman huh? if you don't like it, don't buy it. no writer stays on a book forever like they did back in the day, and most characters have two or three books that is written by a different writer that won't have the same stuff in it.
  • Maximus Rex
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    t/s said "where's the comic book character that supports the Tea Party" lmfao ? outta here with that wack ?

this ? wanna see Captain Confederacy punch out Obama's lights and fight an abortion doctor supervillain.

whoever DC makes ? , I hope its Rex's favorite character (look I'll say it again, Wonder Woman is and always has been a corny ass superhero)

So you would rather see this ? ass fuckery, as opposed to a differing political opinion or religious view.

rictor-shatterstar-kiss.jpg

Rictor kissing Shatterstar

brainy1-277x300.jpg

[img]http://images.? .com/media/apimages/ap-image-eff0c593-4fe4-4bfc-b610-dda276d9750c.jpg[/img]

Northstar's ? ass getting married.

551e7a7f-35d4-4b61-b587-ef59035e8bc0.png

Archie promoting butt wrangling

So you're telling me you would rather read books with this fuckery as opposed to reading something that has characters with a differing political point of view or religious philosophy. What kind of ? is this? I have a nephew and when I have kids, I hope they inheirt my love and passion of comics. I don't want to have to worry about them getting unneccessary exposure to fagdom via the medium I hold so dear. They and myself are already getting bombarded with ? and ? and every other facet of life.

Also it's equally disturbing that Archie is co-signing this ? . We all know who the target demo of Archie books is and the publishers of Archie comics are trying to indoctrinate your kids into thinking ? sucking and ? eating is okay. What's next? ? , ? , ? , and sadomasochis, pederasty, pedhophilia? It's a slippery slope people.

• Maximus Rex
    Options
    So going back to your original ? point. I would gladly read this book:

captainconfed1.jpg

Before I read some ? ass ? .

I can't believe that ? are on here promoting male dicking sucking and female ? licking superheros.

And Diana is a cool character. It depends on who's writing her. That post- Crisis ? George Perez did in the 80's was the ? .
  • earth two superman
    edited May 2012
    Options
    maximus rex is the black rick ? . he thinks more about ? sex than actual ?

lmao this guy said ? disgust him too

trollolololol
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    ^ now thats what im talking bout ^
  • Maximus Rex
    edited May 2012
    Options
    lmao this guy said ? disgust him too

trollolololol

If dykin' only involved chicks that like this:

l.jpg

Dkyin would be a cool movement; however, I still wouldn't want it in my comics. What purpose would it serve.

This is the reality of dykin:

20.2n.003.quinn.1.C--300x300.jpg

New York City Council Speaker Christine Quinn

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-B3jOayU4vmY/TZo5aQU2NYI/AAAAAAAAAA0/s8H_zpAvQ_M/s1600/3371_law_support_? _and_lesbian_couples-300x201.jpg[/img]

[img][/img]aisha_danielle__0099.jpg

If y'all are aroused at the thought of any these chicks licking ? , sleeping in the bed naked, and ? each other with a ? , it's you with the problem and not me.