Obama after 3 years...

Options

Comments

• down2earth
    down2earth Members Posts: 953 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll give him a B. He's trying and actually getting some things done. The "Obamacare" thing is HUGE for him imo. That right there might have just won him the next election. There will be only so much he can do and I realize that. Congress is filled with racist Republicans who want to see him fail, and he's still a politician so he's cutting deals SOMEWHERE.

Bottomline....I'll take another 4yrs of Obama. I'm just kind nervous of who's coming after him.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »

LOL I never had a problem with Obama's health care mandate.......notice I never mentioned Obamacare once in this thread. The law isn't single payer but I actually give credit to Obama for his step forward plans for healthcare, it's definitely better than the status quo. Nothing to be mad at when it comes to that!!!

Now the other issues on the other hand are still a major problem with me. But if Obama wins a 2nd term, wouldn't surprise me, as Romney is worst than Obama. Keeping it real with you, I could care less if Romney or Obama wins in November. Their not much different than each other, so I'll barely blink an eye election day. I'll be voting 3rd party and getting my smoke on regardless of who wins. And if Bush can win twice, than I know anything is possible.....

lol @ this ? . You ? all over the mandate talkin bout Obama didn't go hard enough for single payer. You called that man all out his name and now you cosigning. Lol at Romney being worse. ? if Romney get in, you're gonna regret these rants on this board.

Actually I never hated on the mandate, and I never rly said Obama didn't go hard enough for single payer, although I did say Democrats were being soft on the issue as a whole, not just Obama. You're confusing me for someone else, I forgot his name but he made a whole thread bashing Obama on healthcare......

And yeah, Romney is worse than Obama. But that doesn't mean I'm satisfied with the way Obama is doing things either and I'm not gonna pretend that I am for anyone.

But they did go hard on it. They went all the way until Kennedy died and ? up any possibility of single payer. The house actually got the entire bill through. Brown got the Kennedy seat and ? up everything. Even with that, they tried to go hard and Obama told them to child before they lose everything.

Is that tupacfan35 you talking about with the Obama hate post?

I don't see how Romney is even in the same ballpark as Obama.

Well yeah I give the House credit but I don't think the entire House passed a single payer bill. If I'm wrong I'd like to see proof cuz I haven't seen the evidence of that yet. Even if the House did, why did Obama tell them to chill?? Smh at that but I do know after becoming President, Obama at least worked for healthcare reform, arguably his best accomplishment as President, for me at least.

And yeah Tupacfan35 hated on Obama for healthcare and so did someone else, a white guy forgot his name. But there was actually a lot of hate against Obama during the healthcare debate here, I actually defended him a little than believe it or not.....

But comparing Obama and Romney, there isn't much serious difference. Healthcare reform was good, but where else is Obama different than Romney? Both support the Bush tax cuts one way or the other, and both are warmongers. Both also are hating on marijuana, my favorite plant, even for its medical use, wtf? Too many similarities to Romney for me to be even considering voting for Obama. The Black Panthersused to ride for Obama hard as the first Black president but look at what even their LEADER has said about Obama......

http://weaselzippers.us/2012/05/22/new-black-panthers-so-disappointed-with-obama-they-may-abandon-the-ballot-for-the-the-bullet/

The small but vocal New Black Panther Party is woefully disappointed in President Barack Obama, and is openly implying that the best way to reach its goals is no longer through “the ballot” but through “the bullet.”

In the Spring edition of the New Black Panther Party (NBPP) newspaper — cover reading “The Ballot or The Bullet: which way for black people?” — NBPP Chairman Malik Zulu Shabazz breaks down the presidential election, concluding the Democratic Party is the “institutional ? of Black peoples and the Black Nation” and that Obama has “been a real disappointment.”

“Black peoples are the ? and prostitutes of the Democratic Party, and mistreated mistress that is courted in the late of night, but left hanging when it is time for real change in the light of the post election day,” Shabazz wrote, following a dissertation on the need to “Vote for Revolution.”

Shabazz detailed his past hopes for Obama as the first African-American president, noting that Obama has not lived up to them — specifically by continuing the policies of the Bush administration in the so-called war on terror and ignoring the economic plight of black Americans.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    The problem is that the Senate won't run with it. The government health insurance plan included in the House bill is unacceptable to a few Democratic moderates who hold the balance of power in the Senate.
    If a government plan is part of the deal, "as a matter of conscience, I will not allow this bill to come to a final vote," said Sen. Joe Lieberman, the Connecticut independent whose vote Democrats need to overcome GOP filibusters.
    "The House bill is dead on arrival in the Senate," Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said dismissively.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33748707/ns/politics-health_care_reform/t/big-question-mark-fate-health-care-senate/#.T-7Vs_XNnuw

They got a bill passed sent it to senate and the government health portion which actually wasn't single payer as i stated, but was a public option, was removed. They had it in but took it out partially due to obstruction from blue dogs and they lost of the Kennedy seat which was the final nail. Obama told them to chill because the bill wouldn't have gone anywhere so the house fell back.

I thought you were cool with the idea of us having something. I don't cosign that group. Those aren't the real blank panthers. I grew up around real revolutionaries. The black panthers were about building the community, and self defense; not solving problems with a bullet. Obama is the president of everybody and black people will benefit from healthcare. There is more to come. Do they think they are kings to think he should live up to them and not represent everyone? Many of our fights as black people are local and we should focus on building our community and creating value. This is why Jesse Jackson lost the race for president.

Aha, so you were calling Obama soft cuz he didn't fail miserably by using a ? strategy that was guaranteed to fail.

Some things are bigger then your marijuana plant. I smoke the erb too but you know what? ? it. I'll start with healthcare and then focus on arguing the merits of marijuana to Obama after he's elected. I couldn't imagine having the same conversation with Romney. Obama isn't dumb enough to make that an issue during an election with dudes throwing everything at him. I can't believe You're actually posting ? from a group talking about solving issues with a bullet then admonishing a so called "War Monger".
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    The problem is that the Senate won't run with it. The government health insurance plan included in the House bill is unacceptable to a few Democratic moderates who hold the balance of power in the Senate.
    If a government plan is part of the deal, "as a matter of conscience, I will not allow this bill to come to a final vote," said Sen. Joe Lieberman, the Connecticut independent whose vote Democrats need to overcome GOP filibusters.
    "The House bill is dead on arrival in the Senate," Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said dismissively.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33748707/ns/politics-health_care_reform/t/big-question-mark-fate-health-care-senate/#.T-7Vs_XNnuw

They got a bill passed sent it to senate and the government health portion which actually wasn't single payer as i stated, but was a public option, was removed. They had it in but took it out partially due to obstruction from blue dogs and they lost of the Kennedy seat which was the final nail. Obama told them to chill because the bill wouldn't have gone anywhere so the house fell back.

I thought you were cool with the idea of us having something. I don't cosign that group. Those aren't the real blank panthers. I grew up around real revolutionaries. The black panthers were about building the community, and self defense; not solving problems with a bullet. Obama is the president of everybody and black people will benefit from healthcare. There is more to come. Do they think they are kings to think he should live up to them and not represent everyone? Many of our fights as black people are local and we should focus on building our community and creating value. This is why Jesse Jackson lost the race for president.

Aha, so you were calling Obama soft cuz he didn't fail miserably by using a ? strategy that was guaranteed to fail.

Some things are bigger then your marijuana plant. I smoke the erb too but you know what? ? it. I'll start with healthcare and then focus on arguing the merits of marijuana to Obama after he's elected. I couldn't imagine having the same conversation with Romney. Obama isn't dumb enough to make that an issue during an election with dudes throwing everything at him. I can't believe You're actually posting ? from a group talking about solving issues with a bullet then admonishing a so called "War Monger".

I am cool with the idea of building something, especially if it's going to help Black people improve ourselves. Healthcare reform is a good start, but I do wish Obama pushed a little harder for single payer, just like he did when he was running for office. Otherwise, I understand Republicans and the Blue dogs didn't make that fight easy for him.

As far as the Black Panthers and others being disappointed in Obama, I won't go so far to say we should go for the bullet instead of the ballot, but I do understand Shabazz's anger. The change overall that has taken place has been timid overall, and for someone who ran on hope and change, many people I know say all the time nothing rly seems different. My life under Bush hasn't been much different than under Obama, and I still see the federal govt supporting stupid policies that are wasteful and benefit mainly the wealthy. If you're satisfied with the direction the country is going, more power to you. I can't say the same with a straight face. Obama would have gotten my vote if he promised to end the war in Afghanistan before 2012 and work to legalize medical marijuana, I would have forgiven the Bush tax cut extension. But Obama let me down big time by being so much like Bush. Lupe Fiasco calls Obama a terrorist publicly, and the sad thing is many people around the world feel the same way. You can't prove them wrong either, considering Obama's deep love of constant bloodshed and killing civilians, thereby creating more terrorists. This is NOT what I voted for in 2008. My conscience won't allow me to vote for blood and mayhem again, I expected change and instead got more of the same.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    And Furious, here is the reason why Obama's policy on medical marijuana bothers me so much......

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/drug-law/why-obama-administration-suddenly-fixated-stomping-out-medical-? #

Why does Obama Hate Medical Marijuana?

At the same time public support for marijuana legalization reached record highs, Obama shifted from one time medicinal cannabis sympathizer to White House weed-whacker.

NORML’s Deputy Director Paul Armentano writes a critical assessment of the current administration’s preoccupation with interfering in state marijuana reform efforts on AlterNet:

Broken promises are nothing new in Washington, DC. Yet even by the Beltway’s jaded standards, President Obama’s role reversal from one time medicinal cannabis sympathizer to White House weed-whacker is remarkable.

Indeed, the man who once pledged on the campaign trail that he was “not going to be using Justice Department resources to try to circumvent state laws on this issue,” has – since taking the Presidential oaths of office – done virtually everything in his administration’s power to do precisely that. Yet he’s taken these steps at the very time that a record number of Americans, including 57 percent of democrats and a whopping 69 percent of self-described liberals, endorse doing just the opposite. Nonetheless, in recent months, the Obama administration – via a virtual alphabet soup of federal agencies – has launched an unprecedented series of attacks against medical cannabis patients, providers, and in some cases even their advocates.

---Can't vote for a man who is hating on my favorite plant like this, especially after he LIED and said he would let states make their own rules on medical marijuana. Even Snoop Dogg, a former Obama supporter, said he won't vote for Obama in 2012.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Obama gets a b he is doing the best with what he has we need to get dems in the house and hold the senate. The money is here ceos are making off like fat rats they need to raise taxes ronnie regan did it ghbush did and we ended up with a surplus in the 90's

That all happened in 2008 through 2010. Democrats and Obama didn't do much during those years, and that's the reason Democrats lost the House......

They lost the house do to a bunch of pro gun swinging, Obama is a Muslim born in Kenya, death panel scream tea party loons. They also lost because cry babies are mad that Obama didn't get more in a filibuster excessive house even though he still got more then Clinton and Carter.

Nah nothing like that. Obama lost the House because many of his supporters, or should I say former supporters, stayed home due to massive disappointment on his love of wars, him backing up the Bush tax cuts, and his stubborn refusal to change his beyond stupid policy on medicinal marijuana. And that's also the reason his supporters aren't raising money for him like they did back in 2008, and why Romney is raising more money than him. Whether you Obama supporters want to admit it or not, many people are TERRIBLY disappointed in him. We have a right to be disappointed in him and to not want to vote for him again. I know damn well I won't.

If Obama at least FOUGHT for the things I believe in, he'd have my vote. But Obama is so much of a coward little ? , I can't even trust any words he says anymore. I'm done with him, but I'm glad he still has loyal fans such as yourself.

That's the cry baby stuff I'm talking about. Do you think that being a cry baby is going to make the war stop any quicker? Dude never said he was going to stop. He said he was gonna go hard strategically and he put it on Al Qaeda. Are the republicans going to stop the war? They created it. Was the ? up wars bad enough to keep bush out a second time? The propaganda really has you convinced. Is your green party going to stop the wars if they ever get elected (which is highly unlikely)? Cowardice should be illuminated for those soft suckers who cried because Obama didn't speak loudly and whine yet still get nothing like Clinton's health care law. A bunch of yapping chiwawas who cry and go home when their kicked. You wanna show bravado and walk away with nothing or cunning and gain a foothold. I swear, you guys have no strategy in your bones.

And in case you forgot, Romney is raising more money from SuperPACS, greedy rich people trying to keep theirs, and dreamers that think their going to be rich and want to keep their crumbs that they don't have anyway. Go on and let Romney in and let the republicans secure their demented plans because you don't think Obama is moving fast enough. Romney will not move in your direction at all and will destroy even the smallest gains that you fail to appreciate. You think you're gonna move out of the country? Everything that happens in the next few months will shape the world. Good luck with your grand escape.

SMH @ your strategy being, I'm mad at Obama (when i should be mad at filibustering republicans) and the wars (that republicans started and botched) so I'm gonna stay home and let the tea party get in congress so he can be guaranteed to get nothing done. And you wonder why we dealing with this shady supreme court.

See, this is exactly why so many people who used to support Obama can't stand the man now. Obama's attitude is "Suck it up stop crying, Romney is worse". To that I say, when are you going to start representing my interests?? My interests lie in ENDING the wasteful and stupid war in Afghanistan that is deeply unpopular and is a ? joke at this point. Obama still supporting this expensive war at a time when the nation is 16 trillion in debt is the HEIGHT of irresponsibility. You say Republicans started the war, OKAY......so why the ? is Obama continuing it??!!! Like Louis Farrakhan said, Obama claims to be the champion of the regular American but his policies support warmongers, the industrial military complex, and the rich. That doesn't sound like being the champion of common folk to me LOL.The Bush tax cuts ? me off enough, but for Obama to support neverending wars, which is bankrupting the nation, and not budge even a little bit on medical marijuana is more than enough to make me dislike Obama at this point.

And yeah, I sincerely do want to move out the nation one day, this country is a joke at this point with ever increasing expenses and stupid policies, domestic and foreign. It's very simple, YOU CAN TOLERATE endless wars with no end, the persecution of medical marijuana, and the extension of Bush tax cuts. I CANNOT. I think it's that simple. And for that reason, I will not vote for Obama in November. My conscience won't allow it. My days of voting for the lesser of two TRUE evils are over, I'll be voting 3rd party with a bright smile on my face this November. If I was to vote for Obama, I'd probably throw up the same day and never forgive myself. That's how much I dislike Obama at this point.

Lets me know you never paid attention when Obama was running for President....He never said jack ? about ending wars in Afghanistan if anything his main fight on terror strategy was bringing the heat and Focusing on Afghanistan and getting the troops out of Iraq..

Which he has done.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited July 2012
    Options

I am cool with the idea of building something, especially if it's going to help Black people improve ourselves. Healthcare reform is a good start, but I do wish Obama pushed a little harder for single payer, just like he did when he was running for office. Otherwise, I understand Republicans and the Blue dogs didn't make that fight easy for him.

As far as the Black Panthers and others being disappointed in Obama, I won't go so far to say we should go for the bullet instead of the ballot, but I do understand Shabazz's anger. The change overall that has taken place has been timid overall, and for someone who ran on hope and change, many people I know say all the time nothing rly seems different. My life under Bush hasn't been much different than under Obama, and I still see the federal govt supporting stupid policies that are wasteful and benefit mainly the wealthy. If you're satisfied with the direction the country is going, more power to you. I can't say the same with a straight face. Obama would have gotten my vote if he promised to end the war in Afghanistan before 2012 and work to legalize medical marijuana, I would have forgiven the Bush tax cut extension. But Obama let me down big time by being so much like Bush. Lupe Fiasco calls Obama a terrorist publicly, and the sad thing is many people around the world feel the same way. You can't prove them wrong either, considering Obama's deep love of constant bloodshed and killing civilians, thereby creating more terrorists. This is NOT what I voted for in 2008. My conscience won't allow me to vote for blood and mayhem again, I expected change and instead got more of the same.

As a black man in America, I'm glad we aren't taking the country back(wards) as the republicans want. What the ? has Lupe fiasco done? ? what these lames are saying. ? thought he wasn't ? even before he was elected. Even Jesse Jackson and his cronies were against Obama and down with Clinton whom played the race card even before the Republicans, and tried to tie up the election with litigation. I stopped listening to these wack ass people a long time ago. I never expected miracles in the first term. I hoped that he would be able to keep the country from going into the Second Great Depression and that he could get us started on a path to getting stronger which we are on even with opposition.

A quick and easy Afghanistan exit was never on the agenda. Campaign slogans are possibilities until reality sets in. I was down with that war. Those ? took down buildings across the river from me. Deal with it. ? 's gotta be handled properly unlike what bush did. You keep going on about "I wish he could have fought harder", but you seem to like the fight more then any victory. Talking about a war monger. I feel you on the marijuana but i don't remember Clinton doing anything about it either; Nor Carter. It's not an excuse. I'll take what i can get and the grass roots effort should be kept up and the pressure kept on. It's not a smart issue to take up now with such weak potential to get any legislation through. Look at what happened in NY for example.

To throw in the towel and ride with a team (the green team) that's useless, and operates on a narrow platform, is a waste of effort. How many times has Obama gone against something and looked at it closer and changed his mind? Most would stick to their guns no matter what. Let's see what happens next election. With all the ? he is getting done, I'm willing to wait and give the president after him a shot at fixing that issue if Obama doesn't; there wont be anything else to worry about including the afghan war at this rate.

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    What the ? has Lupe fiasco done?
    the most accurate statement in this thread
    Even Jesse Jackson and his cronies were against Obama and down with Clinton whom played the race card even before the Republicans, and tried to tie up the election with litigation.
    the thing with Jesse Jackson is that it helps to remember he is mainly in the business of improving the life of Jesse Jackson. once you come to terms with that, he's not disappointing or craven, he's operating as expected
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    What the ? has Lupe fiasco done?
    the most accurate statement in this thread
    Even Jesse Jackson and his cronies were against Obama and down with Clinton whom played the race card even before the Republicans, and tried to tie up the election with litigation.
    the thing with Jesse Jackson is that it helps to remember he is mainly in the business of improving the life of Jesse Jackson. once you come to terms with that, he's not disappointing or craven, he's operating as expected

What you say about Jesse Jackson can be said about every politician, including Obama......
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Youth disappointed in Obama.........I guess I fit in this category, and this will be one of the last posts I make in this thread since no one here has even come close to convincing me to vote for Obama again. All I'm basically hearing is Romney is worse, which I've already known, but that's not an inspiring reason for me to vote for a man who represents little of my interests now.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/01/how-loss-of-enthusiasm-could-cost-obama-election_n_1620253.html

Obama took the White House by persuading large numbers of young people to vote. His reelection now appears to hinge on a repeat from this historically fickle crowd. Despite the relative surge, youth turnout was still just 49 percent in 2008, as compared to 66 percent among those 30 and over, according to CIRCLE's analysis. In both 1996 and 2000, only about 36 percent of Americans under-30 bothered to vote. Signs now point to a return to the mean.

"Almost every indication that I personally have looked at since 2009 indicates that young people are less interested in voting now than they were in 2008," says Harvard's Della Volpe. "There's significant pessimism, mistrust and lack of belief that system is working."

Yet in the estimation of Democratic strategist Hilary Rosen, one of the founders of the youth voter registration campaign, Rock The Vote, and a confidant of Hillary Clinton, the Obama campaign should be concerned about turnout. Four years ago, a trio of factors worked in Obama's favor. "You had a next generation leader who was younger, and who appealed to younger people," Rosen says. "You had a kind of foreboding sense about the state of the world that they were entering post-college. You also had the threat of war."

The foreboding is still here, yet it may be working against Obama this time, given that he has been in charge for three-plus years – a point emphasized with vigor by Romney. In a recent survey of 18- to 29-year-olds conducted by Harvard's Institute of Politics, 58 percent said they disapproved of how Obama has handled the economy. The Iraq war is officially at an end, but the fight in Afghanistan now belongs to Obama, an issue on which the Harvard survey found a 48 percent level of disapproval.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Youth disappointed in Obama.........I guess I fit in this category, and this will be one of the last posts I make in this thread since no one here has even come close to convincing me to vote for Obama again. All I'm basically hearing is Romney is worse, which I've already known, but that's not an inspiring reason for me to vote for a man who represents little of my interests now.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/01/how-loss-of-enthusiasm-could-cost-obama-election_n_1620253.html

Obama took the White House by persuading large numbers of young people to vote. His reelection now appears to hinge on a repeat from this historically fickle crowd. Despite the relative surge, youth turnout was still just 49 percent in 2008, as compared to 66 percent among those 30 and over, according to CIRCLE's analysis. In both 1996 and 2000, only about 36 percent of Americans under-30 bothered to vote. Signs now point to a return to the mean.

"Almost every indication that I personally have looked at since 2009 indicates that young people are less interested in voting now than they were in 2008," says Harvard's Della Volpe. "There's significant pessimism, mistrust and lack of belief that system is working."

Yet in the estimation of Democratic strategist Hilary Rosen, one of the founders of the youth voter registration campaign, Rock The Vote, and a confidant of Hillary Clinton, the Obama campaign should be concerned about turnout. Four years ago, a trio of factors worked in Obama's favor. "You had a next generation leader who was younger, and who appealed to younger people," Rosen says. "You had a kind of foreboding sense about the state of the world that they were entering post-college. You also had the threat of war."

The foreboding is still here, yet it may be working against Obama this time, given that he has been in charge for three-plus years – a point emphasized with vigor by Romney. In a recent survey of 18- to 29-year-olds conducted by Harvard's Institute of Politics, 58 percent said they disapproved of how Obama has handled the economy. The Iraq war is officially at an end, but the fight in Afghanistan now belongs to Obama, an issue on which the Harvard survey found a 48 percent level of disapproval.

Of course that's all you heard. You've already convinced yourself by any means necessary. You have absolutely no goal other then to convince us that Obama is bad. Be aware that you will have plenty to be disgruntled about based on your decisions today, but you'll be the ones to blame for your inaction. You're the same disgruntled youth that lost us the 2010 elections, and the same do nothing disgruntled youth that wasted the momentum that OWS gave you, a movement i supported.

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options

Again did you even pay attention to Obama campaign during 2008 with regards to his war on terror strategy?? You keep bringing up Afghanistan makes me question if u even followed what the man has said... From the jump Obama was against the war in Iraq and promised to the end that war (which he has) felt the main focus should be Al Queda and that the forces should be in Afghanistan (which he has done)...

He never was a supporter of making marijuana legal and for the most part was against same sex marriages until up to this year lol...

Leads me to believe you never paid attention to what he was saying.
  • janklow
    edited July 2012
    Options
    What you say about Jesse Jackson can be said about every politician, including Obama......
    they all, of course, have selfish personal considerations; Jackson, however, is a little more egregious because of what he purports to be/represent. and, frankly, probably more selfish than most. i have a pile of issues with Obama, but i am at least willing to grant him good intentions
    Of course that's all you heard. You've already convinced yourself by any means necessary. You have absolutely no goal other then to convince us that Obama is bad. Be aware that you will have plenty to be disgruntled about based on your decisions today, but you'll be the ones to blame for your inaction. You're the same disgruntled youth that lost us the 2010 elections, and the same do nothing disgruntled youth that wasted the momentum that OWS gave you, a movement i supported.
    with all due respect to kingblaze84, i have said it before, and i'll say it again: he'll be voting for Obama in November because he'll ultimately switch around to a "lesser of two evils" argument
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »

Again did you even pay attention to Obama campaign during 2008 with regards to his war on terror strategy?? You keep bringing up Afghanistan makes me question if u even followed what the man has said... From the jump Obama was against the war in Iraq and promised to the end that war (which he has) felt the main focus should be Al Queda and that the forces should be in Afghanistan (which he has done)...

He never was a supporter of making marijuana legal and for the most part was against same sex marriages until up to this year lol...

Leads me to believe you never paid attention to what he was saying.

Even if what you said is all true, I want my interests represented....an end to the war in Afghanistan and the legalization of medical marijuana, and hopefully, marijuana altogether. If Obama isn't willing to help do these things or at least fight to bring about these things, I have no reason to vote for Obama. You wana vote for him? Cool? I won't, I'm voting 3rd party.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    why wouldnt you vote for someone that at least has a chance of doing those things AND has a chance of getting in the white house? third party candidates are a LONG way off from ever winning an election. the only time they ever win state elections are when extremists run. and neither romney nor obama are extremists
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    they all, of course, have selfish personal considerations; Jackson, however, is a little more egregious because of what he purports to be/represent. and, frankly, probably more selfish than most. i have a pile of issues with Obama, but i am at least willing to grant him good intentions
    with all due respect to kingblaze84, i have said it before, and i'll say it again: he'll be voting for Obama in November because he'll ultimately switch around to a "lesser of two evils" argument

Well I still have tons of respect for Jesse Jackson for helping the poor and fighting for the rights of the disadvantaged. Is he a perfect man, no, but like AL Sharpton, he's a dependable figure when it comes to civil rights, and that's the reason Trayvon Martin's family and tons of others consistently ask Al Sharpton and Jesse to help them out, and they usually do. I know people personally who have been helped by these great individuals.

As far as Obama, he has done good things himself, but his bloodthirsty, warmongering nature and his stubborn refusal to help change the rules for medical marijuana has left me cold, like many other people nationwide. You have my absolute word Obama won't have my vote in November 2012. And with that being said, I won't post in this thread any longer, since I haven't heard anything convincing enough for me.

No one here has convinced me the war in Afghanistan is still worth fighting. No one here has convinced me the rules on medical marijuana should stay oppressive with a president unwilling to do anything to help change this. No one here has convinced me the Bush tax cuts should have been extended, despite it exploding the deficit. Since no one here has convinced me, I'm officially done with this thread. My days of voting for the lesser of two evils are forever over and I mean that. Okay my titangraph is over lol
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I thought Kingblaze84 was done already and wasn't coming back because nobody has showed him the light. Seems more like you're trying to convince us or yourself. Lol.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Nearly 65,000 Democratic supporters have contributed an average of $35 since the high court ruled on Thursday that President Barack Obama's signature health care law was constitutional. Grassroots donors gave more money on Saturday than any other day in history, DCCC chairman Steve Israel said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/03/house-democrats-fundraising-health-care_n_1644974.html

It seems not everybody is disillusioned and disgruntled.
  • janklow
    Options
    Well I still have tons of respect for Jesse Jackson for helping the poor and fighting for the rights of the disadvantaged. Is he a perfect man, no, but like AL Sharpton, he's a dependable figure when it comes to civil rights-
    i agree; he's quite dependable at showing up and seeing how he can personally profit from something
    -and that's the reason Trayvon Martin's family and tons of others consistently ask Al Sharpton and Jesse to help them out, and they usually do.
    it seems to me like Trayon Martin's family has the kind of media attention that means there isn't really anything Jesse Jackson can do to help THEM out... although he'll certainly help himself out.
    I know people personally who have been helped by these great individuals.
    as stated, of course, that's a completely meaningless argument. watch: i know people personally who have been ignored and/or ripped off by Jesse/Al/whoever.
    You have my absolute word Obama won't have my vote in November 2012.
    how can we verify this
    No one here has convinced me the war in Afghanistan is still worth fighting. No one here has convinced me the rules on medical marijuana should stay oppressive with a president unwilling to do anything to help change this. No one here has convinced me the Bush tax cuts should have been extended, despite it exploding the deficit.
    without even debating the specific topics, the thing is, you REFUSE to be convinced on these topics. so it is what it is
  • janklow
    Options
    also, i will point out that you came back to "nosign" the post after you were "officially done with the thread" ... thereby confirming that you are a liar ... which leads me to believe you'll vote for Obama after all

calling it right now based on your proven web of lies