abrahams nephew lot committed ? with his two daughters making moab and ammon debunked

lostsamuraisotaku
lostsamuraisotaku Members Posts: 807 ✭✭
edited May 2012 in R & R (Religion and Race)

"In Ugaritic myth, soon after the beginning of time, El came to the sea shore, and saw two women in the sea. He killed with his staff and roasted a bird, then invited

the women to join him in a feast.
The women were to shout him
when the bird was cooked,
addressing him as husband or father,
and whichever
they chose, he promised
to treat them appropriately.
When the bird was ready,
they called to their husband, and so El slept
with them. Each produced a child,
Shachar, Dawn, and Shalim, Dusk. Thus the
Dawn and the Dusk, two sons of ? ,
are half brothers. Shalim is the same
word as Solomon, Salem and shalom, the
dusk identified with peace and death."

moab and ammon are really schachar and shalim

insha this helps :)

Comments

• beenwize
    beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Not only did Lot commit ? with both of his daughter he also gave both of them up for a mob to ? in Genesis 19:6-8... but he is still is a righteous and just man dwelling among them. Lol

2 Peter 2:7
    And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:

(For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)

lot-and-his-daughters-hendrick-goltzius.jpg
  • lostsamuraisotaku
    beenwize wrote: »
    Not only did Lot commit ? with both of his daughter he also gave both of them up for a mob to ? in Genesis 19:6-8... but he is still is a righteous and just man dwelling among them. Lol

2 Peter 2:7
    And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:

(For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)

lot-and-his-daughters-hendrick-goltzius.jpg

salam, no do ye think that genesis 19 is suggesting that ? is of greater evil than ? ?

"Lest we think this story involves some claim that homosexuality was a sinful act
    even greater than ? ,we should understand that the crime of the Sodomites was not
    homosexuality or ? but lack of hospitality.
    "Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you,
    bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these
    men do nothing; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof
    . (Gen. 19:8)

In much of that region in ancient times, hospitality towards travelers and guests
    played an important role bordering on obligation. The biblical narratives portray
    many such accounts, as do myths from other cultures in the Mediterranean and Near
    Eastern cultures. In one story, for example,Abraham:

lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them,
    he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground, Andsaid,My LORD, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray
    thee, from thy servant: Let a little water, I pray you, be fetched, and wash your feet,
    and rest yourselves under the tree: And I will fetch a morsel of bread, and comfort ye
    your hearts; after that ye shall pass on: for therefore are ye come to your servant.
    And they said, So do, as thou hast said. (Gen. 18:2–5)

And in another instance, when Abraham sends a servant to fetch a wife for Isaac,
    the servant remarks:
    Behold, I stand here by the well of water; and the daughters of the men of the city
    come out to draw water: And let it come to pass, that the damsel to whom I shall
    say, Let down thy pitcher, I pray thee, that I may drink; and she shall say, Drink,
    and I will give thy camels drink also: let the same be she that thou hast appointed for
    thy servant Isaac; and thereby shall I know that thou hast shewed kindness unto my
    master. (Gen. 24:13–14)
  • lostsamuraisotaku
    edited May 2012
    ? and Gomorrah never existed the word ? doesent imply homosexuality at all it means "scorched" a name that would
    have arisen only after its alleged destruction, not before. lots wife turning into salt is a play on the salt mines at the dead sea the dead sea had a very high salt content that in the evening resembled people because of their immense size
  • lostsamuraisotaku
    further more the story is the same story from judges chapter 19 and 20
  • lostsamuraisotaku
    edited May 2012
    The earliest known reference to the existence of Moab as a territory occurs in an
    Egyptian inscription dating to the reign of Ramesses II (thirteenth century B.C.).
    C.).As
    to the Ammonites, the evidence of their existence in the time of Lot is even sparser

i quote "The earliest written evidence for the name dates to Assyrian records from about the
    eighth century B.C.
    Egyptian inscriptions fromearlier periods refer to the people of that area but none
    mention either the Moabites or Ammonites. Nor do we have any evidence that the
    Moabites and Ammonites constituted particular ethnic groups having a common
    ancestry. They both appear to have roots among nomadic peoples who could have
    come from a variety of ethnic backgrounds within the ancientNear East.
    In the Bible’s Book ofNumbers, there is a claimthatMoses defeated aKing Sihon
    who had a stronghold in theMoabite city of Heshbon, near theMoabite,Ammonite,
    and Israelite borders.This city allegedly served as the center of a largeMoabite kingdom.
    However, recent excavations at what should have been the site of Heshbon,Tell
    Hisban, show that it was unoccupied until the first millennium B.C. Clearly, the Bible
    has erroneous information about the earlyMoabite period.
    As was common in ancient times, most cultures claimed that they were descendants
    of some ancient hero. Both theMoabites and Ammonites would have had legends
    about these ancestors. Because of their proximity to ancient Israel"
  • lostsamuraisotaku