"Armed" Drone Caught On Camera Outside Chicago Prior To NATO Summit

Options
Bully_Pulpit
Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in The Social Lounge
http://youtu.be/QzrS0BVJynM

I put armed in quotations because im not an expert on drones or anything like that but the video claims this an armed drone, what is all the hoopla over this NATO summit?

Comments

• caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    The video is very suspect. The drone was way to clear in the vid. Most people when they see something and trying to record it will follow the object not use one frame and wait for it to enter it and watch it leave the frame.

But I would not be surprised at all.

To answer your question. Cant have a international incident in the Chi! If I was Emmanuel(?) I would do the same thing. You are guaranteed to have protesters coming from all over the globe. Anarchist and just anybody that wants to make a statement.

And just to let you know. They will start to use drones for speeding violations in the coming future.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yo...i swear i saw a drone over rahway new jersey like two months ago....i cant say it was armed...but it was a predator
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That really tight shot of the plane was fake as ? . Cameras don't zoom in like that, b.

Furthermore, using a Predator drone for event security is ? ? . It'd be like using a M1 Abrams. There's a bunch of recon UAVs that are the size of model airplanes; much more practical.

And its not like drones have never been seen over American skies....where do you think they tested them at? Mexico?

Wake me when a NYPD drone lights up Sean Bell's car with some hellfire missiles.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Furthermore, using a Predator drone for event security is ? ? . It'd be like using a M1 Abrams. There's a bunch of recon UAVs that are the size of model airplanes; much more practical.
    there's also the fact that you DO have law enforcement types openly clamoring for the use of armed drones (particularly on the Mexican border). whatever one thinks about THAT, i have to imagine that if cops were secretly using armed drones, they'd spend less time crying to be allowed to use armed drones.

• Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    its fake...

for 1... it would never fly that low unless it was landing

2.. notice the camera never actually follows it, it just focuses in on an area of the sky.

"thats an odd little plane." if dude was really that intrigued he wouldve followed it a bit