So thanos is the guy at the end of the avengers movie?

2stepz_ahead
2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in Quite Comical
i looked him up and it seems hes badass.
whippin ppl with his glove with the jewels.
seems like the only one that can get with him is galactus and he runs everything...
so if he damn near killed every superhero

wont he just slaughter the avengers?

i mean they had trouble with loki so wont thanos dust they boots?

if so what is the purpose of the movie...dudes gonna win

Comments

• DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Hence the concept of introducing other characters into the Avengers' and the other individual movie franchises.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he didnt win in the comics wont win in the movies. Anyway i hope the next avengers is based on the Infinity Gauntlet...
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i though he made himself able to be killed so it can be more of a challange...

and did anyone ever fight galactus?
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanos fought Galactus in Thanos 1-12, but paid for it dearly.

In Infinite Gauntlet he pretty much merked everybody. Snapped his fingers and destroyed half the universe and took out all of the super heroes including the Abstracts (Galactus, Cellestials, Eternity).

The only reason he lost is because when he defeated Eternity he assummed his position over all the Universe leaving his body unprotected which allowed Nebula to steal the gaunlet taking away his powers.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im hearing Joss Whedon (or however you spell it. Avengers Director) might not do the 2nd film because of the pay, Robert Downey getting paid more than the whole cast and ? .
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Im hearing Joss Whedon (or however you spell it. Avengers Director) might not do the 2nd film because of the pay, Robert Downey getting paid more than the whole cast and ? .

tony stark swag
  • Leah_Bonita
    Leah_Bonita Members Posts: 839 ✭✭✭
    thanos will lose because his weakness is him wanting to lose i know it sounds wack but in the comics they say his only weakness is deep in his sub-conscience he wants to be defeated so im sure in the end he'll do something stupid to let the avengers win because suppously he cant be beat
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't he in love with death? and he really wants to die so he can be with her?
  • Leah_Bonita
    Leah_Bonita Members Posts: 839 ✭✭✭
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Isn't he in love with death? and he really wants to die so he can be with her?

ya but death got tired of him&banned him from her realm meaning his basically immortal thats why i feel like his the wrong character for the avengers to be facing i the second movie cause in the comics no one could beat him so aint no way in hell anyone of the avengers could do it most people who dont read comics wont realize this but ther true fanboys/comic readers will know the truth
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i mean, RDJR is oscar nominated and the franchise started with him. its understandable why he would make more.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i mean, RDJR is oscar nominated and the franchise started with him. its understandable why he would make more.

More...yes....more than the whole cast combined?? Come on....Iron Man didnt make a billion dollars...the Avengers did.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm late but I just heard about the end credits scene.

If Thanos is in this next movie that ? would be dope. Thanos being my favorite marvel character, this is the movie I've been waiting for.

Maybe they explain the infinity gems and gauntlet in the next Avengers.
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trill 5015 wrote: »
    thanos will lose because his weakness is him wanting to lose i know it sounds wack but in the comics they say his only weakness is deep in his sub-conscience he wants to be defeated so im sure in the end he'll do something stupid to let the avengers win because suppously he cant be beat

Thanos is trill. Very trill but he doesn't lose because he wants.
    Without prep the Avengers would beat his ass...

Thor in the Ultimate universe is powered down considerably. Otherwise he could do a decent job against Thanos solo though he would lose 8/10.

Odin simply dominated Thanos with little effort (though more than he assumed) it wasn't because he wanted to lose.

Anyways...Thanos is a beast if he fights the avengers with the gauntlet they will need the guardians and/or Warlock (the cosmic ? ).

Thanos doesn't usually have the gauntlet but I can't wait to see how he gets it.

• evoljeanyes
    Yeah I'm late but I just heard about the end credits scene.

If Thanos is in this next movie that ? would be dope. Thanos being my favorite marvel character, this is the movie I've been waiting for.

Maybe they explain the infinity gems and gauntlet in the next Avengers.

They will probably explain it in guardians of the galaxy. Drax and Thanos go hard in battle...
    Thanos dialogue will be amazing!
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    They def should explain a ton of stuff, especially if they have Drax in any Thanos movie.

If I remember correctly, when Drax was created with the sole purpose of destroying Thanos.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drax is in Guardians of the Galaxy
    They def wont be fighting Thanos with the members they have now, theyre gonna introduce alot of characters in the next 4 movies before Avengers 2

• Bcotton5
    They showed infinity gauntlet in Odins chamber in Thors movie

Doesnt Loki get the gauntlet for him?
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SMH at my slow ass. I just watched the ? again last night. Paid more attention to the end scene and finally got the play of words disney used with the alien guy.

"Too challenge them is to.... COURT DEATH."

GQrbflnwLu.gif

• VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanos fought Galactus in Thanos 1-12, but paid for it dearly.

In Infinite Gauntlet he pretty much merked everybody. Snapped his fingers and destroyed half the universe and took out all of the super heroes including the Abstracts (Galactus, Cellestials, Eternity).

The only reason he lost is because when he defeated Eternity he assummed his position over all the Universe leaving his body unprotected which allowed Nebula to steal the gaunlet taking away his powers.

Can you put that ? in English ? ?
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually no. But in the comicverse, Loki actually hold one of the gems. the six gems are hold by the Marvel's Illumnati's guys (and Cap. America) ....of course the two strongest ones (Soul and Reality) is hold by Dr. Strange (Soul) and Mister Fantastic (Reality) -- Reality was powerful enough that the last guardian of it was actually Thanos hiself when he was working with Adam Warlock in the Infinity Watch.

The next 4 powerful ones are :

Time (Captain America)
    Space (Iron Man)
    Mind (Professor X)
    Power (Namor)

But in movieverse, putting it in Odin's throne vault makes alot of sense if they are trying to simplify for folks who don't read the comics. Put it in the vault of the "strongest" guy in Marvel filmverse which would be Odin for now (until they introduce Adam Warlock).
  • evoljeanyes
    Warlock is the soul gym. He no longer has it though, but the powers merged with his existence and he is the master of the soul world and he is immune to all the gems unless they're unified. So if its gauntlet tinmme Warlock is the key. He is cosmic Brilliance.

They could do so much with these films.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It kind of ? me off. Marvel should warn people that it might be worth our time to sit through the credits.

? Thanos

http://youtu.be/Z4JlBceuLgY
  • Bcotton5

Actually no. But in the comicverse, Loki actually hold one of the gems. the six gems are hold by the Marvel's Illumnati's guys (and Cap. America) ....of course the two strongest ones (Soul and Reality) is hold by Dr. Strange (Soul) and Mister Fantastic (Reality) -- Reality was powerful enough that the last guardian of it was actually Thanos hiself when he was working with Adam Warlock in the Infinity Watch.

The next 4 powerful ones are :

Time (Captain America)
    Space (Iron Man)
    Mind (Professor X)
    Power (Namor)

But in movieverse, putting it in Odin's throne vault makes alot of sense if they are trying to simplify for folks who don't read the comics. Put it in the vault of the "strongest" guy in Marvel filmverse which would be Odin for now (until they introduce Adam Warlock).

they currently got them? they dont use rm anymore do they?
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Trill 5015 wrote: »

Thanos is trill. Very trill but he doesn't lose because he wants.
    Without prep the Avengers would beat his ass...
    Thanos losing because he secretly wants to was something stated by Warlock. Thanos would dog walk the Avengers. They'd need prep to mess with him.
    Thor in the Ultimate universe is powered down considerably. Otherwise he could do a decent job against Thanos solo though he would lose 8/10.

Odin simply dominated Thanos with little effort (though more than he assumed) it wasn't because he wanted to lose.
    Odin is far more powerful than Thanos
    Anyways...Thanos is a beast if he fights the avengers with the gauntlet they will need the guardians and/or Warlock (the cosmic ? ).

Thanos doesn't usually have the gauntlet but I can't wait to see how he gets it.

If Thanos has the gauntlet then it's game over. No one would be able to help but for this movie i imagine they'd find some way of negating the glove's effects..Whatever version of Thanos that appears in the movi won't be as powerful as he truly is
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    They def should explain a ton of stuff, especially if they have Drax in any Thanos movie.

If I remember correctly, when Drax was created with the sole purpose of destroying Thanos.

Right, Drax was created to destroy Thanos. It took several incarnations of Drax before he reached the form needed to defeat Thanos