So thanos is the guy at the end of the avengers movie?

Options

Comments

• jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Warlock is the soul gym. He no longer has it though, but the powers merged with his existence and he is the master of the soul world and he is immune to all the gems unless they're unified. So if its gauntlet tinmme Warlock is the key. He is cosmic Brilliance.

They could do so much with these films.

He's not immune to the gems and his powers haven't merged with the Soul Gem. He only has access to the Soul World when weilding the soul gem. It's debateble if Odin is the most powerful person we've seen in the Marvel movie verse..remember Galactus and the Surfer have also been in movies.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    odds are odin swoops in... takes the gauntlet from thanos, and let the avengers fight him on a fairer playing field...
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not if scarlett witch is being introduced as a new avenger, she's a beast.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sour wrote: »
    Not if scarlett witch is being introduced as a new avenger, she's a beast.

That would be dope. So many story lines I've read about her. They make her existence sound dangerous.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanos and his Infinity Gauntlet will definitely wreck ? in the sequel.
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanos and his Infinity Gauntlet will definitely wreck ? in the sequel.

Oh it's a given.

Thanos got those Robin Harris grade-A lethal one liner ethers...................

One Thanos quote is worth a thousand of quotes in one comic book that have anybody fighting Thanos in it.
  • unspoken_respect
    Options
    I don't think they will let him get the gauntlet in the next movie. I'd milk it. So much potential with a character of his caliber.

I wonder if they will have Death in character in this movie? That would be dope. She's the baddest ? of all.
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    He's gonna get it and they gonna explain it in the guardians of the galaxy movie. He's gonna whoop all the avengers ass.

Joss Whedon said there's gonna be 2 new avengers in this next one.

I think Ant Mans gonna have a movie of his own.
  • unspoken_respect
    Options
    Question is will he just whoop their ass or literally murder everybody?
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    Na, he ain't gonna murder any of them unless some ? ass director with no knowledge of comic books directs it.

I.E. the ? 's that did the X-Men saga.

This dude knows his ? , he even brought back the circle on the ironman suit.
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jaxn wrote: »
    Warlock is the soul gym. He no longer has it though, but the powers merged with his existence and he is the master of the soul world and he is immune to all the gems unless they're unified. So if its gauntlet tinmme Warlock is the key. He is cosmic Brilliance.

He's not immune to the gems and his powers haven't merged with the Soul Gem. He only has access to the Soul World when weilding the soul gem. It's debateble if Odin is the most powerful person we've seen in the Marvel movie verse..remember Galactus and the Surfer have also been in movies.

Yeah but surfer and gal are under the fox continuity not in the avengers universe.

Adam Warlock maintains his soul powers because he mastered mtge soul world. He is immune to the time gem soul gem and reality gem for certain.

I think we're underestimating Odin to mention Surfer.

Gauntlet would be cool because we'd get more heroes.

• evoljeanyes
    Options
    @jaxn

I know Warlock said that but its not true. He loses because people have more power.

Also if you're talking the movie avengers yes they get mopped but in the comics on a unplanned encounter with Thanos he would probably take them all out with relative ease save for those and hulk. I think those two would atleast by time while stark recovered. Thanos and Thor have had at least semi decent bouts.

I agree with you Odin is considerably stronger than Thanos.

The only reason I don't think they will power Thanos down is because. I think they will do a great job recreating and paying homage to the original infinity gauntlet Thanos run.

I expect a lot if heroes to be introduced in this next go around.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think they will let him get the gauntlet in the next movie. I'd milk it. So much potential with a character of his caliber.

I wonder if they will have Death in character in this movie? That would be dope. She's the baddest ? of all.
    I think they gonna give him the cosmic cube fo the storyline coming up, and then the Infinty Gauntlet for the next one
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jaxn wrote: »

Yeah but surfer and gal are under the fox continuity not in the avengers universe.

Adam Warlock maintains his soul powers because he mastered mtge soul world. He is immune to the time gem soul gem and reality gem for certain.

I think we're underestimating Odin to mention Surfer.

Gauntlet would be cool because we'd get more heroes.
    I read they struck a deal to get the rights to Galactus and Surfer from Fox in exchange for giving them an extension on Daredevil or the Fantastic 4 rights
  • DillaDeaf
    Options
    He's gonna get it and they gonna explain it in the guardians of the galaxy movie. He's gonna whoop all the avengers ass.

One of the new Avengers def got to be Black Panther tho......seeing Black Panther will be dope as ? .

• Sour-Cream
    Options

One of the new Avengers def got to be Black Panther tho......seeing Black Panther will be dope as ? .

(They already ? spawn over)

He's black and hollywood won't accept seeing a smart black man with superior fighting skills in a suit made of vibranium whooping cap's ass and giving them crackers technological advice. They'd probably water him down and make him look like the cheapest ? to appeal to the white market.

#justsayin'
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What actor can pull off the Black Panther, tired off seeing the roided up ? who played Spawn and Bone.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What actor can pull off the Black Panther, tired off seeing the roided up ? who played Spawn and Bone.

michael jai white
  • Sour-Cream
    Options

I dunno if I mentioned it before but the french/african actor that played in intouchables can easily play t'challa. His acting is phenomal and dude has the size to match up. But knowing hollywood they probably gonna use the ole amistad ? which isn't a bad choice.
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    This ? could play t'challa

Omar_Sy_page-bg_4587.jpg
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Word at surfer and gal joining the infinity gauntlet nullification
  • DillaDeaf
    Options

BIG K.R.I.T.

? put in Bun B's face over a cgi, then you got a badass T'Challa.....................

• nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Robert Downey Is Practically The Biggest Name In The Cast And The Whole Avengers Set-Up Was Kicked Off By The First Iron Man Movie...Which Is Still Probably The Top Grossing Of The Solo Movies..He Should Be Getting The Biggest Paycheck...Not To Mention A-List Stars Like RDJR Usually Get Paid More Than Even Top Tier Directors...Which Whedon Is Still Not Due To His Lack Of Quantity
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Trill 5015 wrote: »
    thanos will lose because his weakness is him wanting to lose i know it sounds wack but in the comics they say his only weakness is deep in his sub-conscience he wants to be defeated so im sure in the end he'll do something stupid to let the avengers win because suppously he cant be beat

Thanos is trill. Very trill but he doesn't lose because he wants.
    Without prep the Avengers would beat his ass...

Thor in the Ultimate universe is powered down considerably. Otherwise he could do a decent job against Thanos solo though he would lose 8/10.

Odin simply dominated Thanos with little effort (though more than he assumed) it wasn't because he wanted to lose.

Anyways...Thanos is a beast if he fights the avengers with the gauntlet they will need the guardians and/or Warlock (the cosmic ? ).

Thanos doesn't usually have the gauntlet but I can't wait to see how he gets it.

While not exactly the same as saying Thanos wants to lose, Adam Warlock canonically stated that Thanos loses because he subconsciously wishes to do so.

91352.jpg?v=1

Besides, he has fought and beaten entire teams of Avengers in straight up combat, so even without prep it's a stretch to say they would beat his ass.

Edit: Sorry I didn't see that you already responded this point. Though I think your response is pretty weak. The character that knows him better than anyone else says that's why he loses. You say it's untrue. That's not much of an argument. Anyway, Thanos rarely ever loses because he comes up against someone stronger because he rarely ever takes on people more powerful than himself in straight up fights. The only time I can think of him just losing like that was against Odin, and in that case his sole desire was to test his mettle in battle. He's gone up against much stronger people plenty of times e.g. Tyrant, Galactus, Inbetweener, etc... and still managed to accomplish his goals, so those are wins not losses even if he did get overpowered such as the time he had his forcefield crushed by Galactus.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Trill 5015 wrote: »
    thanos will lose because his weakness is him wanting to lose i know it sounds wack but in the comics they say his only weakness is deep in his sub-conscience he wants to be defeated so im sure in the end he'll do something stupid to let the avengers win because suppously he cant be beat

Thanos is trill. Very trill but he doesn't lose because he wants.
    Without prep the Avengers would beat his ass...

Thor in the Ultimate universe is powered down considerably. Otherwise he could do a decent job against Thanos solo though he would lose 8/10.

Odin simply dominated Thanos with little effort (though more than he assumed) it wasn't because he wanted to lose.

Anyways...Thanos is a beast if he fights the avengers with the gauntlet they will need the guardians and/or Warlock (the cosmic ? ).

Thanos doesn't usually have the gauntlet but I can't wait to see how he gets it.

While not exactly the same as saying Thanos wants to lose, Adam Warlock canonically stated that Thanos loses because he subconsciously wishes to do so.

91352.jpg?v=1

Besides, he has fought and beaten entire teams of Avengers in straight up combat, so even without prep it's a stretch to say they would beat his ass.

Edit: Sorry I didn't see that you already responded this point. Though I think your response is pretty weak. The character that knows him better than anyone else says that's why he loses. You say it's untrue. That's not much of an argument. Anyway, Thanos rarely ever loses because he comes up against someone stronger because he rarely ever takes on people more powerful than himself in straight up fights. The only time I can think of him just losing like that was against Odin, and in that case his sole desire was to test his mettle in battle. He's gone up against much stronger people plenty of times e.g. Tyrant, Galactus, Inbetweener, etc... and still managed to accomplish his goals, so those are wins not losses even if he did get overpowered such as the time he had his forcefield crushed by Galactus.
    Thanos got beaten by warlock Mavis. Thor could give Thanos a run the rest could then take him down. Logically its ridiculous to say Thanos just bodies the abengers