The Official AHH MIXTAPE Part2 (D/L Link INSIDE)

Comments

• juan travolta
    juan travolta Members Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, that's going to be tough considering some (most) of these tracks are unlistenable.

which ones?
  • mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    1st impressions. The sound quality of some of the songs immediately write them off from being played in my car. I recommend a good set of headphones (if monitors are too expensive) for many of the artists that put in on this. Or another mixing engineer.

1. I was immediately turned off by the Pac sample being offbeat and the beat volume trumps the vocals. Lyrics are decent but the flow isn't there for me.
    2. Good rapping but beat is missing effort.
    3. Message is cool but not a good rapping voice. Wasn't interested in hearing someone rap over a sample Wayne hit already.
    4. Very loud compared to the first 3 (not a con). Legitimate sound quality. Not my style of music. If I listen to music of this nature, it has to have funny adlibs. 2nd rapper put forth more effort to the funny adlibs I'm looking for on this type of song.
    5. Didn't wanna hear an AHH poster go on I'm A Boss after hearing everyone else do it already.
    6. 2000 era Soundclick quality beat. Jeff Axel has an interesting style but with assistance of actual song crafting, it might sound like something. Message is cool.
    7. Feelin Jeff Axel verse but I just can't settle into that offbeat flow. It separates him from the norm but I'm not sure it's going to get him anywhere. Good song overall. Can't go wrong with the "Ghetto" beat.
    8. I like West Coast music but tracks along this line really sound dated. The rappers don't sound West Coast. That WC, Cube, Mac 10 voice is missing. I just didn't get the West Coast feeling at all outside of the beat.
    9. Legitimate sound quality (like GRIP's other track). Don't like the beat intro because I've heard it a million times but it grows into something better. Song is decent.
    10. I would like this beat more if the drums weren't so robotic. I like the concept. Letter to the gun. Should've been longer though.
    11. Terrible quality. I like the beat but the vocals are through the roof. Lyrics are straight. Adlibs too loud.
    12. Hmm...huh? It's a comedy based song. I can't take it seriously.
    13. I like the beat. Sound quality needs work. Lyrics are cool. Decent song.
    14. Already heard Bleek on this sample with Rihanna and a much better beat so I couldn't even listen to this song. The flow was too plain.
    15. No comment...
    16. Loud. I caught vocals being centered for one verse and mid-right aligned in another. Lyrics are straight. Some mixing work may improve song.
    17. I can hear the echo of the room in this song. May be a case of the microphone being better than the recording environment. Beat is angry, demented. I like it. Decent song.
    18. Wiz emulation song. I'll just listen to Wiz when I want this sound with better lyrics.
    19. Good beat but its dated. What was Axel going for with that weird ass reverb?

Didn't feel like listening to go any deeper on thoughts.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    preciate the feedback mane
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    1st impressions. The sound quality of some of the songs immediately write them off from being played in my car. I recommend a good set of headphones (if monitors are too expensive) for many of the artists that put in on this. Or another mixing engineer.

1. I was immediately turned off by the Pac sample being offbeat and the beat volume trumps the vocals. Lyrics are decent but the flow isn't there for me.
    3. Message is cool but not a good rapping voice. Wasn't interested in hearing someone rap over a sample Wayne hit already.
    4. Very loud compared to the first 3 (not a con). Legitimate sound quality. Not my style of music. If I listen to music of this nature, it has to have funny adlibs. 2nd rapper put forth more effort to the funny adlibs I'm looking for on this type of song.
    5. Didn't wanna hear an AHH poster go on I'm A Boss after hearing everyone else do it already.
    6. 2000 era Soundclick quality beat. Jeff Axel has an interesting style but with assistance of actual song crafting, it might sound like something. Message is cool.
    7. Feelin Jeff Axel verse but I just can't settle into that offbeat flow. It separates him from the norm but I'm not sure it's going to get him anywhere. Good song overall. Can't go wrong with the "Ghetto" beat.
    8. I like West Coast music but tracks along this line really sound dated. The rappers don't sound West Coast. That WC, Cube, Mac 10 voice is missing. I just didn't get the West Coast feeling at all outside of the beat.
    9. Legitimate sound quality (like GRIP's other track). Don't like the beat intro because I've heard it a million times but it grows into something better. Song is decent.
    10. I would like this beat more if the drums weren't so robotic. I like the concept. Letter to the gun. Should've been longer though.
    11. Terrible quality. I like the beat but the vocals are through the roof. Lyrics are straight. Adlibs too loud.
    14. Already heard Bleek on this sample with Rihanna and a much better beat so I couldn't even listen to this song. The flow was too plain.
    15. No comment...
    16. Loud. I caught vocals being centered for one verse and mid-right aligned in another. Lyrics are straight. Some mixing work may improve song.
    17. I can hear the echo of the room in this song. May be a case of the microphone being better than the recording environment. Beat is angry, demented. I like it. Decent song.
    18. Wiz emulation song. I'll just listen to Wiz when I want this sound with better lyrics.
    19. Good beat but its dated. What was Axel going for with that weird ass reverb?

I'll do my track by track review in the mornin but I aree wit a lot of the thoughts in this post

@_Menace_ I ? with your ambition as well as the other emcees on the tape. lol I still feel like Jeff Axel ? around and not serious with his voice but I caught a couple gems in his rhymes.

Menace, just take the constructive criticism as a positive. Not hate, ? done forgot the difference between the two. I'll get back at you in the mornin

sidenote: there's a IC crab ? in the midst that's wackin all the posts....@ that ? ? , I feel sorry for your mother
  • _Menace_
    LOL I aint even mad. I got one positive and on negative review.
  • _Menace_

THANKS FAM
  • _Menace_
    PROPS TO SION FOR THE STICKY
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made $23 off 4 copies on the Las Vegas strip. Y'all helped me with snack money. But it was a decent effort. I don't have any complaints or gripes.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    My Circle is my favorite song off it
    followed by Blood

Jeff dominated this ? . I didnt realize he was on this 4 times,rofl.
    Gotta luv Jeff's determination and originality.

Shout out to Piffy Haze & SoHo. I been meaning to do a joint wit SoHo for like 2 years now,duke is nice.
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    good stuff folks about to check this out mad i didnt make it :( lol ;)
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    and shout out to Menace for even puttin this together

• PiffyHaze
    PiffyHaze Members Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RawAce wrote: »

wrd homie need his own appreciation thread forreal
  • PiffyHaze
    PiffyHaze Members Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012

15. No comment...

blame it on menace but it all good thou. he put alot of effort in

the original is more bumping
  • _Menace_
    someone is mad and lurking and hitting the whack button
  • _Menace_
    RawAce wrote: »

fasho
  • _Menace_
    No love on the 2nd day?
  • _Menace_
  • _Menace_
    We have had the thread bumped that Ptown made and none of em posted in there. I would love to have them on the tape
    maybe the next one.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want in let me k.now about the next one. Here's my music page http://m.soundcloud.com/neme-4
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    damn didnt even kno dis ? dropped yesterday lol ima listen to it when i get a chance thanx for the feedback both positive nd negative like I said I'ma aquired taste for da most part
  • .Cassidy
    .Cassidy Members Posts: 26
    DAMN YALL DROP MIXTAPES HERE TO?

"i haven't had a release date in so long
    that i forgot how to right songs
    i just say what goes along in my mind
    if i can rewind time i wouldn't have busted my nine
    and have those bodies on my mind
    but no one wanna listen
    seen more dead bodies than a mortician
    I make hit songs like my pen been missin"

EASY!