The Best Way To Practice Rapping

Options
PatchCarr
PatchCarr Members Posts: 7
edited May 2012 in Fresh Produce
People who excel at any skill use a technique called "deliberate practice" whether or not they know they are doing it. Deliberate practice can include any or all of these steps: planning (organize work in a structured way), concentration/dedication (higher attention span), repetition/revision (strong tendency to practice), study style/self reflection (tendency to self-regulate learning).

A rap related example from an article I just read:
"B.o.B. would practice rapping by writing out DMX’s lyrics on a sheet of paper, then hone his rapid-speech skills for hours. When he wasn’t reciting DMX’s words, he was crafting his own, sometimes in church, sitting in the pew while his father preached."

Hope this helps.

Comments

• Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of the weirdest gem I have ever heard about rapping was given by 50 cent. ``I don´t listen to rap while im recording or in the recording process because it influences you lyrically.`` That ? only made sense to me years later.That ? does influence a person psychologically that´s why there´s so many rappers out there rapping the same.
  • Beats4Less
    Beats4Less Members Posts: 17
    Options
    Good advise.. but I think rappers need more HELP in making SONGS... than rapping...
  • peradime
    peradime Members Posts: 59
    Options
    One of the weirdest gem I have ever heard about rapping was given by 50 cent. ``I don´t listen to rap while im recording or in the recording process because it influences you lyrically.`` That ? only made sense to me years later.That ? does influence a person psychologically that´s why there´s so many rappers out there rapping the same.

Wow, that's actually a good point he made there.