Miguel > > The Weeknd & Frank Ocean

Options

Comments

• harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like both Miguel and Frank Ocean. I can't really get into Tha Weeknd tho, its just somethin about his voice.
  • Leah_Bonita
    Leah_Bonita Members Posts: 839 ✭✭✭
    Options
    bkkbully wrote: »
    Trill 5015 wrote: »
    you should have put "? Is Mine" up there to but its simple really weekend&frank ocean us the net to there advantage more people us the net to listen&get music than the radio hell idk any of my friends who even still listen to radio its either Cds or Ipods mostly Ipods plus weeknd has drake co-signing him&Frank Ocean has Odd Future...Miguel has no one co-signing him besides his label and this is the age of the independent artist so you know the label co-signing him aint much help he also rarely drops mixtapes where Weeknd&Frank Ocean have dropped multiple mixtapes

But Miguel dropped 3 free EPs this year that was independent. But I feel what your saying with the iPods and internet.

even so he doesnt push his own ? his record label does you never see migual on twitter or fb campaigning like weeknd or frank ocean does actually frank doesnt have to campaigin every one knows his one of the best rappers in the group along with earl&tyler which is basically who people really be feeling&weeknd gets featured on so much drake ? it might as well be his song not drakes not to mention drake admitted weeknd taught him his style of singing he uses listen to drake then the weeknd right after you can tell drake is super influenced by him....whose migual really influencing when is he campaiging he doesnt cause he depends on his label which is a bad thing to do in this era of music mostly every rapper&singing out is independent well the new ones anyway

Interesting perspective. So talent wise, would you say Weeknd & Ocean >>> Miguel? Just based off talent alone and nothing else?

thats actually really hard to answer cause im a fan of all 3 but i've seen miguel&weeknd in concert. miguel can sing but u can tell where he used autotune in the studio when he trys to hit certian notes. weeknd is more creative with his music while miguel stays in one lane but with that said frank ocean is way more creative.
  • MoufpieceINAMent
    MoufpieceINAMent Members Posts: 6
    Options
    One Of THE Best MC's out today #Swagg #Truth #Talent
    U tell me.....

http://youtu.be/ldEn19LnHys

Free Stream | Free Download

http://www.datpiff.com/Moufpiece-Watch-Ya-Mouf-mixtape.353651.html
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you should have put "? Is Mine" up there to but its simple really weekend&frank ocean us the net to there advantage more people us the net to listen&get music than the radio hell idk any of my friends who even still listen to radio its either Cds or Ipods mostly Ipods plus weeknd has drake co-signing him&Frank Ocean has Odd Future...Miguel has no one co-signing him besides his label and this is the age of the independent artist so you know the label co-signing him aint much help he also rarely drops mixtapes where Weeknd&Frank Ocean have dropped multiple mixtapes

But Miguel dropped 3 free EPs this year that was independent. But I feel what your saying with the iPods and internet.

even so he doesnt push his own ? his record label does you never see migual on twitter or fb campaigning like weeknd or frank ocean does actually frank doesnt have to campaigin every one knows his one of the best rappers in the group along with earl&tyler which is basically who people really be feeling&weeknd gets featured on so much drake ? it might as well be his song not drakes not to mention drake admitted weeknd taught him his style of singing he uses listen to drake then the weeknd right after you can tell drake is super influenced by him....whose migual really influencing when is he campaiging he doesnt cause he depends on his label which is a bad thing to do in this era of music mostly every rapper&singing out is independent well the new ones anyway

Interesting perspective. So talent wise, would you say Weeknd & Ocean >>> Miguel? Just based off talent alone and nothing else?

thats actually really hard to answer cause im a fan of all 3 but i've seen miguel&weeknd in concert. miguel can sing but u can tell where he used autotune in the studio when he trys to hit certian notes. weeknd is more creative with his music while miguel stays in one lane but with that said frank ocean is way more creative.

which song do you think he uses autotune? i don't hear any in his tracks at all
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Weeknd is my favorite out of all of them.
  • Leah_Bonita
    Leah_Bonita Members Posts: 839 ✭✭✭
    Options
    but i will say this miguel makes songs that wish they where longer he stays making sort ass freestyle type type ish that i love 2 listen to
    One Of THE Best MC's out today #Swagg #Truth #Talent
    U tell me.....

http://youtu.be/ldEn19LnHys

Free Stream | Free Download

http://www.datpiff.com/Moufpiece-Watch-Ya-Mouf-mixtape.353651.html

?
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I prefer Frank Ocean out of the three. Even his 10 minute track Pyramids is dope, and I usually don't like songs over 6 minutes long. I haven't heard much of Miguel besides the couple songs he had on the radio, I liked them though, before they got overplayed. I prefer The Weeknd's catchier more mainstream kinda stuff, like Crew Love and The Ride than the stuff on his mixtapes. It's not bad it just doesn't really capture my attention. The only song that really blew me away and I can think of off the top of my head is his ? Diana cover.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Miguel is a soulful dude and i have became a fan of his, out of all the three this dude is the one that makes soul music for this new generation and aint trying to jump in other lanes like Usher and i resepect that and i will cop his album i've been jamming to Adorn.

I have all of weeknds mixtapes and Frank Ocean Nostaliga and i play Weeknd the ? when i want to hear something different and Frank Ocean on the weekend nights but i rather play MIguel ? everyday of the week. i ? with Miguel music when i want that soul ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4wC_JCsiME

but yo I'm really diggin this jawn i haven't jammed out to a song like this since El Debarge and Faith Evans Jawn
  • Ms. Sweeetface
    Ms. Sweeetface Members Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cosign thread, his album is classic to me. Miquels music has a certain thing to it where i know it wont get dated. I like frank ocean too, the weekend are a parody of r and b music to me.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't wanna be loved, I don't wanna be loved...
  • waterproof
    Options
    well i guess FRANK came out of the closet as a bi-sexual, i aint to judge people even though i don't agree about the lifestyle but ? if George Michael can have a classic album in FAITH (EVEN THOUGH GEORGE MICHAEL DIDNT COME OUT WHEN HE DROPPED FAITH, BUT WE ALL KNEW HE WAS SUSPECT since his wham days) we see how this goes
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ? wit all 3 of em. But Miguel has the best voice out of the 3 and makes the better songs.
  • #1 pick
    #1 pick Members Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol Miguel doing Frank Ocean. smh.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    #1 pick wrote: »
    lol Miguel doing Frank Ocean. smh.

That's ? that was started on twitter
  • CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I could care less about dude's sexuality, I'm still coppin Channel Orange when it comes out
  • Ms. Sweeetface
    Ms. Sweeetface Members Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    Options
    If you haven't heard any of Miguel's recent EP's ( Art Dealer chic Vol. 1-3) you missing out.
  • waterproof
    Options
    Well atleast he had the heart to do what Luther Vandross and Lil Richard was afraid to do
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    Well atleast he had the heart to do what Luther Vandross and Lil Richard was afraid to do

Who didn't know Lil Richard was ? ?
  • savageexcess
    savageexcess Members Posts: 10
    Options
    The Weeknd > Frank Ocean >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Miguel
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lol I just read Frank Ocean's 'coming out letter' and it was so vague he didn't directly say he was bi-sexual. Plus I could care less what sexual preferences he likes. Just give me good music. Funny how this drops right before his album comes out. He'll be catapulted into 'legend' status just because of his 'coming out'. Clever move, whether he meant it like that or not. Anyway, I still stand by Miguel >>> Ocean

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lol I just read Frank Ocean's 'coming out letter' and it was so vague he didn't directly say he was bi-sexual. Plus I could care less what sexual preferences he likes. Just give me good music. Funny how this drops right before his album comes out. He'll be catapulted into 'legend' status just because of his 'coming out'. Clever move, whether he meant it like that or not. Anyway, I still stand by Miguel >>> Ocean

you're in denial

btw

Miguel and Weeknd>>>>Frankie
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yall tripping if youre saying miguel can not sing. I had interviewed him and i had him sing on the spot.. That boy can blow
  • SecondChanceBro
    SecondChanceBro Members Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Miguel more ? than them ?