WWE Suspends Chris Jericho Indefinitely

Chi-Town Bully
Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in Off The Turn Buckle
WWE announced Friday that Chris Jericho has been suspended indefinitely due to an irresponsible act at a WWE live event in São Paulo, Brazil on May 24.

Chris Jericho as been suspended indefinitely due to an irresponsible act of desecrating the Brazilian flag at a WWE live event in São Paulo on May 24. WWE has apologized to the citizens and the government of Brazil for this incident.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure he did it, but it's just a front to get him off of television
  • da_enforcer
    da_enforcer Members Posts: 257 ✭✭
    Yea I think they just did that to get him off of tv so he can go on tour with Fozzy for the summer.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    So that Jericho/Orton storyline just died then lol
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris Jericho Suspended - Full Story

Taken from TMZ -

A WWE event in Brazil came to a screeching halt Thursday evening … when local law enforcement stopped a live match and threatened to arrest Chris Jericho for desecrating the Brazilian flag.

It all went down during a match between Jericho and C.M. Punk — who was proudly waving the flag in the ring. Jericho took the flag away, crumpled it up and kicked the flag out of the ring … and that’s when police stepped in and put a stop to the event.

We’re told Jericho was informed that desecrating the national flag is a crime in Brazil … punishable by incarceration.

Cops gave Jericho an option — apologize to the arena … or go to jail. Chris chose the former … grabbing the mic and telling the crowd he immediately regretted his actions. Cops allowed the event to continue.

Sources connected to the WWE tell TMZ … the flag stunt was NOT planned or approved by WWE officials.
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Haul Judos wrote: »
    Chris Jericho Suspended - Full Story

Taken from TMZ -

A WWE event in Brazil came to a screeching halt Thursday evening … when local law enforcement stopped a live match and threatened to arrest Chris Jericho for desecrating the Brazilian flag.

It all went down during a match between Jericho and C.M. Punk — who was proudly waving the flag in the ring. Jericho took the flag away, crumpled it up and kicked the flag out of the ring … and that’s when police stepped in and put a stop to the event.

We’re told Jericho was informed that desecrating the national flag is a crime in Brazil … punishable by incarceration.

Cops gave Jericho an option — apologize to the arena … or go to jail. Chris chose the former … grabbing the mic and telling the crowd he immediately regretted his actions. Cops allowed the event to continue.

Sources connected to the WWE tell TMZ … the flag stunt was NOT planned or approved by WWE officials.

not buying it. If it's a crime, then it's a crime, there's not apologizing for stealing or murdering someone. Not saying that YJ2 should be locked up, but I'm just laughing at they gave him an option for a crime that's on their law books.

If I were to go to a foriegn country and squat ? on their flag, I'd be locked up with no option of apologizing.

Either way, it's a way to get Jericho off TV. The offense had to be serious enough to justify the indefinite suspension, which they will say will run through his contract and he'll have to renegotiate a new contract to return.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL

Jericho is one of the greatest heels
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shawn Michaels disrespected a Canadian Flag worse than what Jericho did.
  • dalyricalbandit
    Shawn Michaels disrespected a Canadian Flag worse than what Jericho did.

i was saying this
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited May 2012
    ? that, wasn't JBL giving the ? salute at Germany house shows? LOL
  • dalyricalbandit
    ? that, wasn't JBL giving the ? salute at Germany house shows? LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut8Xi0SPDco