Options

Comments

• rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    @rage

melanin is a universal element.

I never said I wanted credit for anything, I just said my reasoning is more logical than the creators of the character and his origins.

You're sounding really butt hurt right now. It's ok though. Welcome to the age of reclamation
    gns wrote: »
    Black Panthers origin>>>>>>Kal-el' origin

This is also true. I heard it through a grape vine that jack kirby (creator of BP) studied a group called the Black Panther Society which informed him of much the culture and traditions that BP is written with. The BPS are supposed to ninjas for real for real.

LMAO!! Aight Bill Nye...prove that Melanin is an ELEMENT...after that prove that its universal....can't wait to hear this ? .
  • Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @rage

Let me be clear when I say element I mean that melanin is one of the foundational properties found all throughout the universe. I'm sorry you weren't taught this in high school, but I like to think education extends well beyond class room walls.
    Sorry I can't take credit it's not MY proof, just things I've read.

Here is text:Melanin the secret of the Universe
    Few people know that Melanin is found in almost every ? of the body and is necessary in order for the brain and nerves to operate, the eyes to see, and the cells to reproduce!

Thus, Melanin is vastly more than just a "pigment" coloring the skin and hair. At the core of your brain is the "locus coeruleus," a structure that is BLACK because it contains large amounts of Melanin which is essential in order for it to operate! In fact, all the most crucial brain structures are heavily melanized! "Brain melanin is concentrated in a region that functions as a gate for all sensory, motor, emotional and motivational input and output" as well as a region that mediates conscious awareness in general. Dr. Richard King considers the presence of Melanin to be a key agent in heightening psychic sensitivity in the human organism. Dr. Frank Barr suggests (neuro)Melanin may join forces with the glial cells (formerly seen as only the 'glue' of the nervous system) to form a subtly triggered matrix for mental organization­ that is, the "mind's eye."

Melanin in the Brain increases from the lower
    primates and reaches its peak in the BLACK HUMAN..

"All humans possess this Black internal brain evidence of their common Black Afrikan Origin. The All Black neuromelanin nerve tract of the brain is profound proof that the human race is a Black race, with many variations of Black, from Black-Black to White-Black, all internally rooted in a vast sea of Brain Blackness."

"Humanity may differ in outer appearance, with variations of colors but internally they are all black, all African at the core. The question for all humans is how to relate to this blackness. A transformation process requires, first, the right heart or feelings and profound African knowledge as taught in ancient African universities. Today's racist is afraid, ignorant of his/her blackness, choosing to run from the ancestral Black core. Today's reborn black masters will accept their blackness, become unified with the universe and be inspired to creative genius at levels that surpass the pyramids."

Dr. Richard King
    African Origin of Biological Psychiatry (p31, 24)

Melanin is found everywhere, throughout Nature...
    in animals, plants (that's why raisins and banana bruises are brown), the soil, waters of creeks, lakes, seas, and even in comets! Concentrations vary from parts per million to parts per billion, and it is soluble in liquid phases.
    Melanin is necessary for humans to reproduce!
    Melanin is abundantly present at the inception of life: a Melanin sheath covers both the sperm and the egg! In the human embryo, the melanocytes (skin pigment cells), the brain, and the nerve cells all originate from the same place; the neural crest. Melanocytes resemble nerve cells and are essential for conveying energy. When the presence of Melanin is missing or insufficient in the ectoderm, this causes the mother to lose her baby; in the case of all whites, a defective baby is produced.
    Melanin is the major organizing molecule in living systems
    Dr. Frank Barr, pioneering discoverer of Melanin's organizing ability and other properties, opens his technical work, Melanin: The Organizing Molecule: "The hypothesis is advanced that (neuro)melanin (in conjunction with other pigment molecules such as the isopentenoids) functions as the major organizational molecule in living systems. Melanin is depicted as an organizational "trigger" capable of using established properties such as photon- (electron)- photon conversions, free radical-redox mechanism, ion exchange mechanisms, ion exchange mechanisms, and semiconductive switching capabilities to direct energy to strategic molecular systems and sensitive hierarchies of protein enzyme cascades. Melanin is held capable of regulating a wide range of molecular interactions and metabolic processes..."
    Melanin's Main Properties: It absorbs, stores & transforms energy. It has "black hole" properties.
    Black Melanin can convert light energy to sound energy and back again!

Melanin is BLACK because its chemical structure allows no energy to escape. It is also Black because Black is the perfect absorber of light and all energy frequencies, making Black Melanin the super absorber of Energy and Light! Thus scientists describe it as acting like a "black hole."

Melanin can rearrange its chemical structure to absorb ALL energy across the radiant energy spectrum (sunlight, X-rays, music, sound, radar, radio waves...) ­and can transmute and store this energy for later use!

Melanin can absorb a great amount of energy and yet not produce a tremendous amount of heat when it absorbs this energy, because it can transform harmful energy into useful energy. According to Dr. Leon Edelstein*, Melanin can absorb tremendous quantities of energy of all kinds, including energy from sunlight, x-ray machines, and energy that is formed within cells during the metabolism of cells. He theorizes that Melanin has the ability to neutralize the potentially harmful effects of these energies.

In Dr. Frank Barr's theory, matter is shaped and structured by light: that is, matter is organized through the interaction of molecules composed of slowed-down light. These molecular [Melanin] combinations "eat" light in order to maintain, expand and evolve matter. The more highly evolved a species, the more complex its biological capacity to use light.

Melanin has superconducting properties; it shows evidence of being a room-temperature (biological) super-conductor. Normally, superconductivity occurs only at very low temperatures.

Melanin is like a battery. Melanin "may be viewed as a battery that is partially charged and can always accept an electrical charge!"

1 When sunlight or other energy comes in contact with the Melanin battery, it increases the charge of the battery to a certain degree. When the energy is captured, the battery has more energy to use in the body. "This means that the BLACK HUMAN can charge up his MELANIN just by being in the sun or around the right type of musical sounds or other energy sources."

2 Melanin in the eye receives light and converts it into the electrical energy that comes across as an image.
  • rage
    Options
    @rage

Let me be clear when I say element I mean that melanin is one of the foundational properties found all throughout the universe. I'm sorry you weren't taught this in high school, but I like to think education extends well beyond class room walls.
    Sorry I can't take credit it's not MY proof, just things I've read.

Here is text:Melanin the secret of the Universe
    Few people know that Melanin is found in almost every ? of the body and is necessary in order for the brain and nerves to operate, the eyes to see, and the cells to reproduce!

Thus, Melanin is vastly more than just a "pigment" coloring the skin and hair. At the core of your brain is the "locus coeruleus," a structure that is BLACK because it contains large amounts of Melanin which is essential in order for it to operate! In fact, all the most crucial brain structures are heavily melanized! "Brain melanin is concentrated in a region that functions as a gate for all sensory, motor, emotional and motivational input and output" as well as a region that mediates conscious awareness in general. Dr. Richard King considers the presence of Melanin to be a key agent in heightening psychic sensitivity in the human organism. Dr. Frank Barr suggests (neuro)Melanin may join forces with the glial cells (formerly seen as only the 'glue' of the nervous system) to form a subtly triggered matrix for mental organization­ that is, the "mind's eye."

Melanin in the Brain increases from the lower
    primates and reaches its peak in the BLACK HUMAN..

"All humans possess this Black internal brain evidence of their common Black Afrikan Origin. The All Black neuromelanin nerve tract of the brain is profound proof that the human race is a Black race, with many variations of Black, from Black-Black to White-Black, all internally rooted in a vast sea of Brain Blackness."

"Humanity may differ in outer appearance, with variations of colors but internally they are all black, all African at the core. The question for all humans is how to relate to this blackness. A transformation process requires, first, the right heart or feelings and profound African knowledge as taught in ancient African universities. Today's racist is afraid, ignorant of his/her blackness, choosing to run from the ancestral Black core. Today's reborn black masters will accept their blackness, become unified with the universe and be inspired to creative genius at levels that surpass the pyramids."

Dr. Richard King
    African Origin of Biological Psychiatry (p31, 24)

Melanin is found everywhere, throughout Nature...
    in animals, plants (that's why raisins and banana bruises are brown), the soil, waters of creeks, lakes, seas, and even in comets! Concentrations vary from parts per million to parts per billion, and it is soluble in liquid phases.
    Melanin is necessary for humans to reproduce!
    Melanin is abundantly present at the inception of life: a Melanin sheath covers both the sperm and the egg! In the human embryo, the melanocytes (skin pigment cells), the brain, and the nerve cells all originate from the same place; the neural crest. Melanocytes resemble nerve cells and are essential for conveying energy. When the presence of Melanin is missing or insufficient in the ectoderm, this causes the mother to lose her baby; in the case of all whites, a defective baby is produced.
    Melanin is the major organizing molecule in living systems
    Dr. Frank Barr, pioneering discoverer of Melanin's organizing ability and other properties, opens his technical work, Melanin: The Organizing Molecule: "The hypothesis is advanced that (neuro)melanin (in conjunction with other pigment molecules such as the isopentenoids) functions as the major organizational molecule in living systems. Melanin is depicted as an organizational "trigger" capable of using established properties such as photon- (electron)- photon conversions, free radical-redox mechanism, ion exchange mechanisms, ion exchange mechanisms, and semiconductive switching capabilities to direct energy to strategic molecular systems and sensitive hierarchies of protein enzyme cascades. Melanin is held capable of regulating a wide range of molecular interactions and metabolic processes..."
    Melanin's Main Properties: It absorbs, stores & transforms energy. It has "black hole" properties.
    Black Melanin can convert light energy to sound energy and back again!

Melanin is BLACK because its chemical structure allows no energy to escape. It is also Black because Black is the perfect absorber of light and all energy frequencies, making Black Melanin the super absorber of Energy and Light! Thus scientists describe it as acting like a "black hole."

Melanin can rearrange its chemical structure to absorb ALL energy across the radiant energy spectrum (sunlight, X-rays, music, sound, radar, radio waves...) ­and can transmute and store this energy for later use!

Melanin can absorb a great amount of energy and yet not produce a tremendous amount of heat when it absorbs this energy, because it can transform harmful energy into useful energy. According to Dr. Leon Edelstein*, Melanin can absorb tremendous quantities of energy of all kinds, including energy from sunlight, x-ray machines, and energy that is formed within cells during the metabolism of cells. He theorizes that Melanin has the ability to neutralize the potentially harmful effects of these energies.

In Dr. Frank Barr's theory, matter is shaped and structured by light: that is, matter is organized through the interaction of molecules composed of slowed-down light. These molecular [Melanin] combinations "eat" light in order to maintain, expand and evolve matter. The more highly evolved a species, the more complex its biological capacity to use light.

Melanin has superconducting properties; it shows evidence of being a room-temperature (biological) super-conductor. Normally, superconductivity occurs only at very low temperatures.

Melanin is like a battery. Melanin "may be viewed as a battery that is partially charged and can always accept an electrical charge!"

1 When sunlight or other energy comes in contact with the Melanin battery, it increases the charge of the battery to a certain degree. When the energy is captured, the battery has more energy to use in the body. "This means that the BLACK HUMAN can charge up his MELANIN just by being in the sun or around the right type of musical sounds or other energy sources."

2 Melanin in the eye receives light and converts it into the electrical energy that comes across as an image.

Oh ? ...I had a feeling it was this ? youtube science.

Listen here Mr. Magoo..first of....Spiders do not have melanin, so its there are organisms on Earth that dont have melanin. 2nd....I said PROVE that Melanin is universal. Cite the study where Melanin was found outside of this Planet.
  • Amotekun
    Options
    @rage

Melanin is that which allows organisms to absorb radiation and repurpose it.

Anywhere that life is found you will find organisms with melanin, absorbing the radiation from their local star.

So unless you are prepared to tell me that earth is the only life producing planet in ALL the universe, then you have

to submit that the presence of melanin in the universe is axiomatic.

So let's get back to the topic at hand, we're talking about a fictional humanoid, but a humanoid none the less whose
    body's absorption of UV radiation gives him superhuman abilities.

Melanin acts like chlorophyll absorbing the rays from the sun and storing it as energy. Just as the green color of leaves reflect this, the darkening of the skin reflects this absorption as well.

This argument is so simple any further explanation verges on redundancy.

Counter it...I doubt you can.

• rage
    Options
    @rage

Melanin is that which allows organisms to absorb radiation and repurpose it.

Anywhere that life is found you will find organisms with melanin, absorbing the radiation from their local star.

So unless you are prepared to tell me that earth is the only life producing planet in ALL the universe, then you have

to submit that the presence of melanin in the universe is axiomatic.

So let's get back to the topic at hand, we're talking about a fictional humanoid, but a humanoid none the less whose
    body's absorption of UV radiation gives him superhuman abilities.

Melanin acts like chlorophyll absorbing the rays from the sun and storing it as energy. Just as the green color of leaves reflect this, the darkening of the skin reflects this absorption as well.

This argument is so simple any further explanation verges on redundancy.

Counter it...I doubt you can.

WRONG AGAIN!! Spiders do not have any melanin in them. Second PROVE that Kryptonians arent just like spiders in that sense.
  • Amotekun
    edited May 2012
    Options
    @rage

really wiki-scholar is that the only example you came up with.

Now you're just trolling. So prove that kryptonians aren't genetically similar to spiders?

We can start with the humanoid features and work from there, or I can just ignore your posts

on my don't feed the trolls domestic policy. I'm thinkin if you cannot come up with anything

better besides that I'm going with the latter.

Edit: Does this images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQr6eeA289B6tKcFGPJAJmzMDoDCUR4r6rZkZOcCu8mlvwHRKoGvg3hHTCVxg

Look like a spider to you? See any similar or familiar phenotype? No?
    Dead that ? son...or get your eyes checked.
  • rage
    Options
    @rage

Now you're just trolling. So prove that kryptonians aren't genetically similar to spiders?

We can start with the humanoid features and work from there, or I can just ignore your posts

on my don't feed the trolls domestic policy. I'm thinkin if you cannot come up with anything

How the ? am I trolling??? You started this idiotic ass thread and since the Bos-Philly game is about as interesting as a female soccer game I am indulging this out of shear boredom.

1) You stated Melanin is a Universal Element. That is a statement of scientific fact....and since you want to apply science to a comic book I am challenging you to PROVE your statement of scientific fact.

2) Spiders do not have melanin....this shoots down your "Universal" argument of yours.

3) You have stated that since Superman is not a ? sapien...you have to now prove that he as a sperate species has melanin.

4) This is just ONE of MANY holes in your lunacy...but we on this so.
  • Amotekun
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    @rage

How the ? am I trolling??? You started this idiotic ass thread and since the Bos-Philly game is about as interesting as a female soccer game I am indulging this out of shear boredom.

1) You stated Melanin is a Universal Element. That is a statement of scientific fact....and since you want to apply science to a comic book I am challenging you to PROVE your statement of scientific fact.

2) Spiders do not have melanin....this shoots down your "Universal" argument of yours.

3) You have stated that since Superman is not a ? sapien...you have to now prove that he as a sperate species has melanin.

4) This is just ONE of MANY holes in your lunacy...but we on this so.

1) Melanin is found everywhere it's made up of carbon chains, carbon being one of the most abundant elements of the universe, and carbon at its very core is black. Therefore melanin must be found on and offworld. Disprove it if otherwise.

2) Spiders are one of the few, meaning they are an exception that proves the rule. Plus your source simply stated it is not detected, meaning it can simply be present in a form not yet noticed. So will call that inconclusive at best.

3) Superman is not ? sapien, but he is a humanoid expressing the same phenotype of a ? sapien. The simple fact that his powers are based on the absorption of yellow sun rays proves that he has melanin. Besides chlorophyll what other substance has this ability, and if it were chlorophyll in his system he's be green or some other color not readily found among the human species.

4) There are no holes its just simple. A power set based off absorption of the sun should result in a darkening of the skin in response to storing and holding massive amounts radiation accumulated over many years.

Read up: http://www.assatashakur.org/forum/open-forum/43055-must-read-melanin-study.html

If a normal human being eats carrots as a primary food source their body will turn an orange tint from the body absorbing carotene. Eventually the body returns to normal from this physiological response as the carotene is disposed of.

So imagine a character/person whose body stores and holds this energy it doesn't deplete just keeps absorbing, his body his skin is going to have a physiological response and that is on a basic level the darkening of the skin.

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the premise of this thread ? the threadstarter instead of foolishly trying to apply science to a comic, you better off saying u mad that Superman is a Lilly White Cracka and not a ? .

Get Over It
  • Amotekun
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    the premise of this thread ? the threadstarter instead of foolishly trying to apply science to a comic, you better off saying u mad that Superman is a Lilly White Cracka and not a ? .

Get Over It

You're missing a preposition just like you're missing the premise.

Comic book fans argue and apply real life or logic to comics all the time such as the many debates on Superman vs Goku

or classifying characters across many categories. People apply science and/or logic to characters all the time to determine the

amount of realism or how achievable these feats are. Flash, Batman, Wolverine, Superman, etc, etc.

I'm just coming at it from a different perspective based off unaccounted for factors.

For instance in comics, there are way more superheroes of european descent than any other ethnicity, but europeans are the minority on the planet in real life. If comic book creators are drawing upon real life for inspiration and mythology then there
    line ups should reflect that.

I'm not even mad about superman being 'white' as opposed to dark skinned because I already know where the creators come from. In their minds they view the world like the mercantile map. Speaking of ? , white people, europeans are the OG ? of the world let's get it straight.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have you read Action Comics vol #2 issue 9?
  • rage
    Options

Get Over It

Thats exactly what this is...notice how he refuses to actually USE SCIENCE to back up his points. Its all assumptions, that fall in line with his bat ? crazy agenda.
  • Amotekun
    Options

Get Over It

Thats exactly what this is...notice how he refuses to actually USE SCIENCE to back up his points. Its all assumptions, that fall in line with his bat ? crazy agenda.

So calling out ? ass DC creators/writers over their obviously white slanted views is ? and crazy. Seems familiar.

@rage I broke it down for you scientifically, and you havent been able to refute one bit besides 'spiders don't have melanin' that ? was weak as hell and you tried to pass it off like a suitable counter point.

Don't ? ride a troll it's not a good look. It's better to fail on your own merit than co-signng someone else's hot 'garba-je'
  • nujerz84
    edited May 2012
    Options

Get Over It

So calling out ? ass DC creators/writers over their obviously white slanted views is ? and crazy. Seems familiar.

@rage I broke it down for you scientifically, and you havent been able to refute one bit besides 'spiders don't have melanin' that ? was weak as hell and you tried to pass it off like a suitable counter point.

Don't ? ride a troll it's not a good look. It's better to fail on your own merit than co-signng someone else's hot 'garba-je'

homie mad I called this thread for what it is.. and no you didnt address or make this thread going at white slanted views which is more than valid and worthy discussion.. you used some science and tried to a apply it to a make believe advanced planet that is not bound by any Earthly science or rules of scientific law based on earth.

Yet when pointed out that the there are black kryptonians still dismissed it with more bs reasoning exposing this thread for what it was.

Simple Superman Kyrptonian Parents were lilly white...how many cases of two white parents that were faithful (IE not cheating) making a black child ......but there are several cases of black parents making a albino white looking kids.

thread closed.
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm glad Superman ain't blacc cuz I wouldn't want that ? showin up an hour late to save people smh
  • Amotekun
    Options

Get Over It

homie mad I called this thread for what it is.. and no you didnt address or make this thread going at white slanted views which is more than valid and worthy discussion.. you used some science and tried to a apply it to a make believe advanced planet that is not bound by any Earthly science or rules of scientific law based on earth.

Yet when pointed out that the there are black kryptonians still dismissed it with more bs reasoning exposing this thread for what it was.

Simple Superman Kyrptonian Parents were lilly white...how many cases of two white parents that were faithful (IE not cheating) making a black child ......but there are several cases of black parents making a albino white looking kids.

thread closed.

Your reasoning has several inconsistencies. Firstly, Krypton is described as a crystalline cold planet. Why would there be dark skinned Kryptonians. It doesn't make sense biologically speaking sense dark skinned people originate in tropical climates. I see DC will get a pass for all of their inconsistencies though. I only brought up the science behind it to circumvent anyone running behind it.
    However, we'll let this enter into the debate. There are black and asian kryptonians. *looked it up* the black 'race' of kryptonians is a highly advanced culture of people who are hardly ever mentioned. I bet that the average person who possesses general knowledge about superman would hardly think of the concept 'black kryptonians' why should they. They are hardly ever mentioned in continuity,even though this is supposed to be a great race of people they are mostly sidlined and kept on the periphery.
    Which segues into my next point.
    @nujerz84 I did make this thread to address this perception of the european ? /devil complex. I chose to address it on a scientific plane first so there would be no room to rise above.
    That's established. Can't be denied.
    So with that let's address the crux of the matter. it is obvious to see that the phenotype make up of major comic book heroes that europeans believe themselves to be the only ones worthy/able/capable of carrying the mantle of world savior. This is in spite of the fact that much of the classic superheroes are based off of greek mythology which is ripped off african allegory, khemten to be specific. All other heroes who are non white play a periphery role at best.

What's even worse, are characters who should be distinctly African in nature but are europeanized or otherized. Classic examples are Black Adam and Storm.

Black Adam whose powers are derived from the 'Egyptian' gods is some light skinned non racial looking guy when he should be distinctly African based on his origins.
    Storm has been written and retconned and drawn it's beyond ridiculous.

I can go on and on about Black superheroes, but I want to keep the focus where it's at.
    The major heroes in both major companies are generally white or european. These characters are used to
    propagate the myth of white savior.

Superman fighting the truth justice and the american way
    Wonderwoman the ultimate symbolism of female empowerment
    Batman the perpetual avenger
    Flash
    Green Lantern the space cowboy

The list goes on. Perhaps this conversation is too big to be held to a simple thread regarding one character.

however superman, being the first major superhero is the symbol for all heroes. That symbolism is full of stolen african legacy refaced with european countenance
  • nujerz84
    edited May 2012
    Options

Get Over It

thread closed.

Your reasoning has several inconsistencies. Firstly, Krypton is described as a crystalline cold planet. Why would there be dark skinned Kryptonians. It doesn't make sense biologically speaking sense dark skinned people originate in tropical climates. I see DC will get a pass for all of their inconsistencies though. I only brought up the science behind it to circumvent anyone running behind it.
    However, we'll let this enter into the debate. There are black and asian kryptonians. *looked it up* the black 'race' of kryptonians is a highly advanced culture of people who are hardly ever mentioned. I bet that the average person who possesses general knowledge about superman would hardly think of the concept 'black kryptonians' why should they. They are hardly ever mentioned in continuity,even though this is supposed to be a great race of people they are mostly sidlined and kept on the periphery.
    @nujerz84 I did make this thread to address this perception of the european ? /devil complex. I chose to address it on a scientific plane first so there would be no room to rise above.
    So with that let's address the crux of the matter. it is obvious to see that the phenotype make up of major comic book heroes that europeans believe themselves to be the only ones worthy/able/capable of carrying the mantle of world savior. This is in spite of the fact that much of the classic superheroes are based off of greek mythology which is ripped off african allegory, khemten to be specific. All other heroes who are non white play a periphery role at best.

What's even worse, are characters who should be distinctly African in nature but are europeanized or otherized. Classic examples are Black Adam and Storm.

Black Adam whose powers are derived from the 'Egyptian' gods is some light skinned non racial looking guy when he should be distinctly African based on his origins.

I can go on and on about Black superheroes, but I want to keep the focus where it's at.
    The major heroes in both major companies are generally white or european. These characters are used to

Flash

The list goes on. Perhaps this conversation is too big to be held to a simple thread regarding one character.

however superman, being the first major superhero is the symbol for all heroes. That symbolism is full of stolen african legacy refaced with european countenance

You just ethered your whole argument....in bolded if Krypton is a cold planet as you state and again Superman parents are lilly white then he would not be black period end of any arguement.

You established nothing scientifcally other than looking stupid by trying to apply earth science to made up planet that even if it exists would be far advance for any science on planet earth to use.

That even if you want to use science....Cold artic Climate, White Parents= White Child.... or the fact that white people do have melanin and regardless how much the stay out in the sun they do not turn black.

Now if you want to talk of comics using there influence to enforce European or white supremeacy etc then yes thats valid.

As for black adam dude looked tanned to me not a white boy at all but perhaps he was not drawn that way when he first introduced.

335789-126954-black-adam_super.jpg

^ he dont look white to me and there a reason Dwayne Johnson been linked to play him on film.

AS for superman being stolen african legacy...I highly doubt the creators of Superman had any idea or knowledge of anything african to steal from as such knowledge was never taught in any school to begin with.

Even more so around the time Superman was created.

In essence in your post you pretty much confirmed what I originally stated.
  • Amotekun
    Options

Get Over It

thread closed.

Flash

You just ethered your whole argument....in bolded if Krypton is a cold planet as you state and again Superman parents are lilly white then he would not be black period end of any arguement.

You established nothing scientifcally other than looking stupid by trying to apply earth science to made up planet that even if it exists would be far advance for any science on planet earth to use.

That even if you want to use science....Cold artic Climate, White Parents= White Child.... or the fact that white people do have melanin and regardless how much the stay out in the sun they do not turn black.

Now if you want to talk of comics using there influence to enforce European or white supremeacy etc then yes thats valid.

As for black adam dude looked tanned to me not a white boy at all but perhaps he was not drawn that way when he first introduced.

335789-126954-black-adam_super.jpg

^ he dont look white to me and there a reason Dwayne Johnson been linked to play him on film.

AS for superman being stolen african legacy...I highly doubt the creators of Superman had any idea or knowledge of anything african to steal from as such knowledge was never taught in any school to begin with.

Even more so around the time Superman was created.

In essence in your post you pretty much confirmed what I originally stated.

I didn't ether my argument I just let your inconsistency stand for the sake of progressing the narrative.

Even if Superman came from 'white' parentage there is no way that his on his coming to earth and absorbing the amount of sun he needs to manifest and control his abilities his skin would stay depigmented.

melanin is the only substance outside of chlorophyll that allows for the absorbing storage of solar radiation. Just as chlorophyll, melanin manifests this ability by the darkening of the skin. So superman being from the parentage that he is was born a mortal and before his powers came to be he had to absorb a certain amount of yellow sun which means that for a time he was vulnerable to the effects thereof until he a certain point in which his invulnerability
    kicked in. By the time supermans' power manifested he would have looked like this broad
    120502115939_tan-lady.jpg
    Because his melanin is the only way he can absorb and store that energy in abundance for powers to come about.

As far as Black Adam. He's not some tannish looking dude. He is a dark skinned African if pulling from origin. Egyptians weren't people with golden tans they were dark skinned. So what you have Dwayne's racially ambiguous self playing him? What does that have to do with anything besides using mediums to tell lies and cover up truth. Which was common knowledge among archeologists that Egypts kingdoms were dark skinned people, but academic racism overrode and people wholesale rewrote khmeten history even changing the name of the people to egytpian.
  • nujerz84
    edited May 2012
    Options
    It wasnt common knowledge that all Ancient Egyptians were nubians which is why today there still discussion among schloars about it... there plenty of ancient artifacts and herioglyphics that suggest that there were a mixture of different skin color to suggest they were all entirely black is just as absurd to say they were all white or tanned.

IF we are pulling from orign there evidence from actual artifacts and tombs to suggest he could be light tanned just as much as he could be nubian.

Superman orign of stregth has changed several times throuought his history more commonly that the his source of strenght was due to the gravity levels on Krypton being much stronger than that of Earth.

And again you are juding Superman as if hes a human being he is not hes a fictonal advanced alienbeing that is not bound by any earthly science or natural law.

That woman skin is a result of over tanning in a tanning booth... Superman does not need to lay down to catch the suns rays like a human would when tanning to get his strength...

Another thing based from the comics that ethers your point

Supergirl (came to earth as teenager) and many other Kryponians fully adult who visited earth immediatley displayed and showcased Superman powers and abilities within minutes of being under the earth sun for the first time ever so that ? on any point you want to make of that they have to be under the sun for a long time to get there power.

Again it boils down to trying to apply science to a fictonal character on some pro black reasoning.

Which again confirms what I said originally you made this thread cuz u mad Superman is white and not black get over it.
  • Bender Rodriguez
    Bender Rodriguez Members Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wait wait wait wait...why we applying real world logic to aliens that fly faster then the speed of light and can lift quadtrillions of tons with one hand??? WTF
  • nujerz84
    Options
    wait wait wait wait...why we applying real world logic to aliens that fly faster then the speed of light and can lift quadtrlions of tons with one hand??? WTF

lmao........
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Although his creators were poor Jewish kids from Cleveland and Supes is actually based on the story of Moses, Superman really "shouldn't" be any race. But I really DGAF that he's a cracka as his "race" has never had any bearing on me liking his stories, though I do recognize the importance of kids having heroes they relate too.
  • Amotekun
    Options
    wait wait wait wait...why we applying real world logic to aliens that fly faster then the speed of light and can lift quadtrillions of tons with one hand??? WTF

Because science and science fiction live in a yin and yang type sphere.

If one creates a fictional human being then one wonders how can we actually make this happen.

Hence why most explanation for superhuman powers is some quasi scientific explanation.

@nujerz84 It had been common knowledge the realities of who the khemetens were. People knew these things long ago. As I said before it was hidden from common knowledge because the myth of the world is the inherent greatness and superiority of europeans and the inherent inferiority of dark skinned Africans.

Europeans/Greeks didn't get to Khemet until at least 327 BCE, this is long after the height of Khemeten civilization.

You state that superman is a human being is a fictional alien being not bound by terrestial laws and physics however his design and anatomy are bound by the imaginations of his creators so much so that he doesn't naturally display superhuman abilities on krypton he does not have x-ray vision, his hearing is normal subject to gravity, so it is only natural that he is subject to a plethora of things regular people are subject to.

If we're talking about how supergirl and other kryptonians displayed superhuman abilities immediately let's chalk that up to writer inconsistency. Because superman has also shown a decrease in power when deprived of yellow sun, and also needing the aid of the yellow sun in order to regenerate.

The consistency among writers is that the messiah and his foil must be a male with european characteristics and countenance.

• Amotekun
    Options
    Although his creators were poor Jewish kids from Cleveland and Supes is actually based on the story of Moses, Superman really "shouldn't" be any race. But I really DGAF that he's a cracka as his "race" has never had any bearing on me liking his stories, though I do recognize the importance of kids having heroes they relate too.

The story of moses is stolen and reworked khemetan history when the hyksos the so called ancestors of the jews were driven out of lower khemet after coming and taking over for about 200 years. They were driven out by a man called Ahmose. See where Moses come from? That man became the next pharaoh of Khemet and began the 18th dynasty.