taking care of your ?

CockMcStuffins
CockMcStuffins Members Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in Fashion Forward
Post some tips on how u clean and store your clothes and how to keep them looking fresh

Machine or hand wash or dry clean(if machine wash what's are some good detergents)

Fold or hanging up?

Comments

• runningwolf1980
    runningwolf1980 Members Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    shirts with cold water and hang dry...jeans dry clean..also take the opportunity to make any changes to the fit of the jeans when you take it for the first cleaning..and always hang your jeans its ok to fold shirts
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    shoes.. soap water.. toothbrush..
    jeans.. dry clean only!!!
    shirts.. jus go buy another one. lol
    underwear.. jus go buy more packs..

i think the only thing i wash are my socks..
    and i dry them on low..
  • Miltown Marauder
    Miltown Marauder Members Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't dry clean no damn jeans....wash cold inside out and let it air try.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭

aye.. u.. shut the ? up!!!
  • runningwolf1980
    runningwolf1980 Members Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭✭✭

why not?
  • Miltown Marauder
    dry cleaning will speed up the fading process because they starch you clothes and clean it hot. So not only will it fade, it will start to shrink also.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Find a good tailor or learn to sew. A tear on a tshirt, especially near the seams, is no reason to get rid of it.

Woolite detergent for dark colors is GOAT for washing jeans, chinos, and dress pants.

Don't over dry clean your ? . Unless your pants, jacket or shirt is completely stained, you can go a couple of wears before it absolutely needs a dry cleaning (though if your like me and dont wear smart casual ? regularly then yeah dry cleaning after a wear isn't a big deal). And for dress shrits? Have a good supply in rotation to avoid soiling and dry cleaning the same ones constantly.

Hang dry all of your fitted clothing.

• Miltown Marauder
    If you get a "ring around the collar" with your dress shirts, dab a bit of detergent on the area, rub it and let it sit until you wash.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    grandma showed me to keep jeans from wading in washing machine turn em inside out and put salt in the pockets
  • iamnfamous
    iamnfamous Members Posts: 5
    aneed123 wrote: »
    grandma showed me to keep jeans from wading in washing machine turn em inside out and put salt in the pockets

your grandma was prolly a house ? cooking for master and picking cottons

• iamnfamous
    iamnfamous Members Posts: 5
    If you get a "ring around the collar" with your dress shirts, dab a bit of detergent on the area, rub it and let it sit until you wash.

just wash your ? ass neck ?

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    iamnfamous wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »

your grandma was prolly a house ? cooking for master and picking cottons

what is u talkin bout fool
  • Miltown Marauder
    iamnfamous wrote: »

just wash your ? ass neck ?

Dumb negroes... It's not about your neck, it's about the products to you put in your hair.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • -Vincenzo-
    -Vincenzo- Members Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    use mild detergent and of course inside out everything n/h
  • Miltown Marauder
    MRDRO wrote: »
    SHOES/SNEAKERS... KEEP OLD SOCKS OR NEWSPAPER BALLED UP IN THE TOE OF THE SHOE... ITS KEEPS THE SHAPE AND ELIMINATES WRINKLES... TO CLEAN THEM, GET A PLASTIC CUP, PUT SOME DISHWASHIN LIQUID, A LIL BLEACH (IF THEY ARE WHITE) A GOOD TOOTH BRUSH AND A WASH CLOTH, AND GET TO WORK

SHIRTS... T-SHIRTS, IF ITS A ALL WHITE OR ALL BLACK T, I WEAR THEM ONE TIME AND AFTER THAT THEY BECOME, SLEEP, HOOPIN, WASH YA CAR SHIRTS.

POLOS.. IF YOU ARE GOING TO MACHINE WASH, ONLY WASH THEM WITH OTHER SHIRTS, NOT JEANS, AND TOWELS. ETC.. U CAN DRY CLEAN THEM, BUT I PEFER TO IRON MY OWN POLOS

JEANS. YOU CAN EITHER COLD WASH OR DRYCLEAN. GET THE CLEANERS TO PUT SOME STARCH IN YA JEANS, IT HELPS PERSERVE THE TEXTURE AND COLOR... IF U GONE WASH EM, DO THAT AND PUT SOME STARCH ON EM AND GIVE THEM A GOOD IRON...

Do you hang your polos or fold them?