Will Android continue to gain more users or will the new Iphone 5 shut android to shame?

Options

Comments

• MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Apple really got ? fooled with that html5 bs, when that ? ain't even mainstream yet.
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Was thinking about copping that 4s until I read this thread LOL. Never had an iPhone so I kinda wanna see what the hype is about.
  • Meela Dymme
    Meela Dymme Members Posts: 168
    Options
    yea im dropping the 4s. it's good for music and youtubing.but i need to be able to swap out mem cards and other ?
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont give a ? about the iphone sheboy.
  • Got Em Shook
    Got Em Shook Members Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Damn iPhone 4S made me an apple fan and I've had damn near every android phone up until Oct. 2011. One thing about iphones they dont freeze and force close.... Chick at my job got the Evo LTE and it freezes and force closes just like the OG and Evo 3D
  • MrSoutCity
    Options
    I am going back to the iphone because the music players in the androids are wack as ? .
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who has that new S3?
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    Who has that new S3?

Waiting for it.SMH I just got the S2 last october.
  • 2pacnbiggie
    2pacnbiggie Members Posts: 263 ✭✭
    Options
    its all about windows phone....the winds of change is coming with Windows Phone 8
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    I'm still using an iphone 4 with Tmobile. I'm good.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Depends on what iPhone 5 has.... if its just small features like Siri and better camera... They will lose market to Android.

If they have some better stuff they will pull away
  • [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Iphone gained new customers after it opened up to other providers, people who weren't able to have one before(like me cuz im on sprint) now have one. I'm seeing more Iphones now than ever before and I don't even mind because honestly, the phone is THAT GOOD. the Iphone 5 should do equally as well if it is 4g. Thats what people want.
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iphone will always be the simple mans phone, its that easy to use.....smdh @ old folks and 5 y/o with iphones, doing facetime....lol, but for those who tech savy, Galaxy's 3 and evos "when ROOTED" are the powerhouses...word to android
  • Meela Dymme
    Options
    louis rich wrote: »
    iphone will always be the simple mans phone, its that easy to use.....smdh @ old folks and 5 y/o with iphones, doing facetime....lol, but for those who tech savy, Galaxy's 3 and evos "when ROOTED" are the powerhouses...word to android

android tech savy? Nigro sit your el darono ass down. They even make android phones for the youngies with the baby keyboards and oh the fisherprice tablet that is waterproof for kids. so yeah....I have a iphone and had a droid for like 2 years they're pretty much the same but I know android isn't all built like that. Maybe when it was released on the G1 5 years you had to know a lil something something to operate it but now it's simple as the galaxy 3's features.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    my hands too big for an iphone...

Played with this chick's iPhoneat work right after I used this other chicks EVO 4G LTE. Felt like I was using a flip phone.

&Damn @android having Jelly bean right after ICS becomes the norm.
    I wonder if they will release Jelly Bean to the all the Nexus phones.
  • Meela Dymme
    Options
    actually the evo's 4.5" screen would break before the iphone. The iphone screen is about mid size while the bigger and longer evo is a bit flappy. Cuz I fckn sat on my old evo and what do ya know the lil ? broke. I think the iphone screen is made to be a bit tougher....
  • caddo man
    edited July 2012
    Options
    actually the evo's 4.5" screen would break before the iphone. The iphone screen is about mid size while the bigger and longer evo is a bit flappy. Cuz I fckn sat on my old evo and what do ya know the lil ? broke. I think the iphone screen is made to be a bit tougher....

The old evo is way past its prime. Me and my wifes phone screen broke. Good thing was that the screen are cheap and easy to fix. If you fix yours mak sure you order the tamper tape. warranty purposes of course.
  • MrSoutCity
    Options
    IPhone ain't shutting ? down. Bet all the new iPhone has is a retina display and maybe 4g. Hell they might even hold off on 4g so they would have something New on the iPhone 6 or 5s.
  • NotAName4
    NotAName4 Members Posts: 27
    Options
    I don't think Apple could crush Android now. The other manufactures of mobile phones need an OS and i really can't see Windows Phone overtaking Android. The only way that Android could fall down would be if Samsung/HTC etc. go Windows exclusive like Nokia.
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    LMAO @Meela Dymme....i dont think yah simple simon self, understand the difference when certain phones R Rooted, the capability they can do, is NOT for all user....
  • caddo man
    Options
    Iphone has to caome with it cause JellyBean is a show of force by Android. I think they finally understand what was really holding them back. All the things they can add to the OS and tricks like S3 and the swiping and shaking of the phone. People want a smooth interface and secure apps. Not too many buttons, something simple and clean and doesnt crash.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Apple knows that the iPhone doesn't really stand out anymore. That's why they are putting as much effort into the patent wars as innovations with their upcoming products.
  • MrSoutCity
    Options
    Apple knows that the iPhone doesn't really stand out anymore. That's why they are putting as much effort into the patent wars as innovations with their upcoming products.

Man apple case is ? .
  • Meela Dymme
    Options
    Stand out? Uhhh they are selling millions on all 3 carriers....it took the iphone less than a month to do a mil on sprint......samsung g3 eh? I doubt iphone is losing their appeal but it does take android a while to make a flagship phone
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stand out? Uhhh they are selling millions on all 3 carriers....it took the iphone less than a month to do a mil on sprint......samsung g3 eh? I doubt iphone is losing their appeal but it does take android a while to make a flagship phone

That's the whole point. Android doesn't and will never have a flagship phone. That's like saying a flagship Windows computer. You can't choose an Android phone with a iPhone mindset. That defeats the purpose. The iPhone may be a more generally acceptable phone than any Android phone and that's fine. The strength of Android's way is that any person can find a phone that will fit them perfectly. You can find something like the iPhone if that's what you want. You can find something more advanced than the iPhone if you want. You can find something simpler. Basically whatever your needs are, you can find an Android phone that will fit it exactly. You can't say the same thing with the iPhone.