Witcher 1 Listed for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3

joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in IllGaming

Online retailers may have pre-empted official announcement.

Original story follows:

Ahead of CD Projekt’s pre-E3 summer conference tomorrow, listings for The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf on consoles have started to appear online. Cool Shop has listed the game for PS3, and Blockbuster has the game down on both PS3 and 360.

We know that the first Witcher game was once in development for both consoles, with production being shared across CD Projekt and Widescreen Games. The game was suspended on consoles when CDP failed to make a payment to Widescreen.

The Witcher II on Xbox 360 was released in April this year, while the PC version was out in May, 2011.

Comments

• joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update (3:10 BST):

CD Prokekt has said that it will unveil its new role-playing game during tomorrow's conference. Speaking to Eurogamer, it also said that is will not announce The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf tomorrow. CDP said that tomorrow will be focused on "our second triple-A RPG in development". The conference will be streamed live on facebook.com/thewitcher tomorrow from 5pm (BST)/9am (PST).

This does not mean that reports of The Witcher 1 coming to consoles earlier today aren't true. The game may simply be announced at a later date.
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping they'd do this.
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    stoneface wrote: »
    I was hoping they'd do this.

• funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still haven't really played the second aside from a few missions. The only downside (for PS3 heads) is that they are being developed at the same time, which means PS3 owners might get the short end of the stick...as usual.