50 Cent Says He Has Not Spoken To Lloyd Banks In 9 Months

Options
Kame
Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in AllHipHop Daily News
50-cent-2012-1.jpg

It is quite obvious that the relationship between 50 Cent and Lloyd Banks isn’t the same today. There have been a lot of questions in the past 10 months or so about the exact situation. Banks has been absent from all G-Unit releases since past one year and fans were also disappointed when Banks did not show up at 50′s SXSW set in Austin earlier this year.

Now 50 Cent has finally spoken about it in public with Big Boy Neighborhood on Power 106 in LA. In the interview, 50 says everything is fine and he talks to his lawyers but he hasn’t spoken to Banks in 9 months!

Listen to that portion at the 11 minute mark. He also talks about The Lost Tape, potential Wiz Khalifa collaboration, upcoming movie, relationship with Floyd Mayweather and more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVXQPhbkWHQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

audio in the link
http://hiphop-n-more.com/2012/05/50-cent-says-he-has-not-spoken-to-lloyd-banks-in-9-months/

Comments

• lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so did he ask him why they haven't talked and if Banks was still on g unit.

? grow apart ain't ? wrong with that. I really hope we see 50 actually do some grown up ? and him and banks will just part ways without beef and drama.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    fif been chillin with Floyd
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Damn.I wonder why?Banks still locked into that deal

Can't listen rt now.What did he say?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I'm not surprised. Lloyd is playing it smart. Fulfill your obligations and bounce, don't try to diss 50 while under contract. He'll make sure you're ? up ie young buck. I'm pretty sure there's some things banks can't wait to get off his chest.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quick Recap:
    Fif said Banks just off doin his own thing right now

He said he cool with that cause he want them to be independent anyway

said he aint spoke to Banks in 9 months but still talk to his lawyers to make sure he doing what he got to
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »

said he aint spoke to Banks in 9 months but still talk to his lawyers to make sure he doing what he got to

definition: That ? dont talk to me, but he's being a good boy until his contract with G-Unit is fufilled

• riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no big deal. i really think 50 has just been busy, and while chillin with Mayweather is out a lot more often. Banks is not really as outgoing as 50.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    where has yayo been
  • mrbootleg
    mrbootleg Members Posts: 143 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I would like to see banks on a 50 project again
  • Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    The more Banks distances himself from 50 the more the quality of his music will increase.

I'm confident that V6 will be a masterpiece.
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Quick Recap:
    Fif said Banks just off doin his own thing right now

He said he cool with that cause he want them to be independent anyway

That about sums it up IMO
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Kinda sad, I talk to my close friends at least once a week just to kick sports and see how them and their family is doing.

Couldn't imagine not texting or talking to my friends for nearly a year through holidays and birthdays but when it's business and not friendship you can just talk through lawyers.

Lloyd Banks deserves a bit of respect for doing what Iovine, Dre, Emenim, Game, and Buck did; distancing himself from the negativity and becoming his own man instead of another mans sidekick or butler.

Times change, ppl change

Some people refuse to change and some people stay the same.
  • edutained_by_hh
    edutained_by_hh Members Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Banks doesn't 50 anyway. He is garnering his own fan base by putting out good music and will hopefully continue to do so.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    riddlerap wrote: »
    no big deal. i really think 50 has just been busy, and while chillin with Mayweather is out a lot more often. Banks is not really as outgoing as 50.
    i dunno I seen bank$ chillin with fab, meek millz & them. They just in different circles it seems now.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Kinda sad, I talk to my close friends at least once a week just to kick sports and see how them and their family is doing.

Couldn't imagine not texting or talking to my friends for nearly a year through holidays and birthdays but when it's business and not friendship you can just talk through lawyers.

Lloyd Banks deserves a bit of respect for doing what Iovine, Dre, Emenim, Game, and Buck did; distancing himself from the negativity and becoming his own man instead of another mans sidekick or butler.

Times change, ppl change

Some people refuse to change and some people stay the same.

Powerful.
  • El Payaso
    El Payaso Members Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was hoping for a G-Unit mixtape soon, looks like that's not gonna happen. And my ? car broke down today. Damn my life is full of loss right now, that being said, GgGgGg G Unit!!
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    3 chainzzzzzzzz
  • OhPee
    OhPee Members Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Guess we won't be hearing a 50/Banks collab any time soon. I bet Banks won't even be a featured guest on Black Magic.

I've always been a Banks fan back since the Stunt 101 days. I'm looking forward to V6
  • SlickestR
    SlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Banks always had a fan base, he was the most lyrical one outta G-Unit.
    Co-Sign what that poster said about the Game comment.

It's good to see Banks doing his own thing now, instead of being 50's sidekick.
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So, Banks can party with Meek Mills and 50 can party with Mayweather, but they haven't spoken to each other in 9 months? No loyalty...
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    So, Banks can party with Meek Mills and 50 can party with Mayweather, but they haven't spoken to each other in 9 months? No loyalty...

just reiterates that this ? is a busniess. dam how hard is it for either of them to call each other and just ask how the family is doing

• maafa
    maafa Members Posts: 286
    Options
    "A thug changes and love changes and best friends become strangers"
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »
    He said in the gangsta grills interview that he wants Banks and other g-unit releases to do it on their own. He said it's harder to sell an artist when you're on their ? than it is for them to make their bones and THEN can do records with them. He also proceeded to use the J.Cole and Jay-Z comparison. I think ? feedin too much into it. Even if Banks leave the label to find another new home these ? is friends and always will be.

These ? aint spoke in 9 months & 50 checks up on Banks through his lawyer...........that aint no friendship.

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cam somewhere saying "G-Unit a Graveyard"