What ever happened to the nice producers?

w0rd up s0n
w0rd up s0n Members Posts: 27
edited May 2012 in The Reason
Anyone notice aside of these wack rappers that are out now but how low quality hip hop beats are now? Whatever happened to those hot beats with the ill drums in the background , nicely sampled with the bass fitting in nicely?? Where is just blaze??? The old swizz beatz? Heat makers? Rza?? Havok of mobb deep? Track masters? Neptunes? Old school timbaland making those jayz tracks? Any thoughts?

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited May 2012
    Everything in rap is over-saturated. Producers all the way down to the fans.
  • w0rd up s0n
    Everything is so low quality in every aspect it's not even funny
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a result of samples being too expensive to clear and technology being easilly accessible (Fruity Loops, Reason, etc). Bad part is the technology is poorly sounded ? , most of these longs sound poorly mixed and the beats are some wack ass synthesized ? .
  • w0rd up s0n
    Yeah I forgot to mention the samples..that must be one of the big reasons because man it's bad what I been gearing lately
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lil Jon was probably the main culprit in the downgrade in hiphop production, all those repetitive ass synthesize beats with nothing but 808 drums and mindless hooks. That's been the formula from the south since.
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    It's a result of samples being too expensive to clear and technology being easilly accessible (Fruity Loops, Reason, etc). Bad part is the technology is poorly sounded ? , most of these longs sound poorly mixed and the beats are some wack ass synthesized ? .

I co-sign this.

Anybody with a computer can free download some production software and make beats nowadays.

I remember when Biz Markie got ? over them samples and that was the beginning of the end.

• rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's tonnes of "nice" producers out there

Nothing "happened" to 'em
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    these new ? never played a instrument in they life ? be all computer beats
  • Cigarello Slim
    Cigarello Slim Members Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if u dont own records i cant respect ur production skills lol
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on where you look. I was never a rapper, but back in the myspace days I would add different beat makers just for the love of the art. Fruity Loop beats did do some serious damage to the game. And Lil Jon fooled the world with the same synth pattern. Goodies & Freek A Leek is the same damn beat.

• NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lil Jon hustled his way all the way to the bank. how many platinum albums and singles? too many for me to count but some see and win in the game and some dont. You know you won when people are still mad about your victory years later. p.s. I aint arguin about whats been said about his beat formula. But if you know better you realize it dont matter.
  • SOWETO
    SOWETO Members Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭
    and there really isn't even one lil jon joint y'all liked? i call ? .
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lex luger beats all sound the same to me.
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The nice producers are no longer defining or re-defining what's hot anymore. They still have heat, it's just that it isn't what "hot" to the current crop of artists. These days, it's all about minimalist beats with a catchy bassline and an 808 kick. Sometimes, something a little more complex slips through the ? and becomes a hit, but still does little to change the direction of music.

I don't think the culprit is technology, because 9th Wonder was like the face of Fruityloops at one point. He kind of pioneered producers using that program. It's all about the creative mind using the program. Some people think 9th is one of the greats, while others criticize him for his drums.

As for as playing instruments, a lot of producers don't play instruments, but hire players to play for them. I will say a lot of the newer guys do play more like Lee Major (The Inkredibles), J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League, Arthur McArthur, Danja, and several others play instruments
  • Turfaholic
    SOWETO wrote: »
    and there really isn't even one lil jon joint y'all liked? i call ? .

I ? wit Lil Jon tough til I realized the ? sounded the same and got hella watered down
  • w0rd up s0n
    lil jon back in 2002 or 03 perhaps after that it all started sounding trash and everyone started copying that same concept!
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    808s is like fast food for people ears. That ? ended the versatile boom bap music and into predictable, cheesy southern inspired strip club music. We live in a southern led culture now and producers reflect that. Outside of a few people like Static Skeletah, Kanye, and Just Blaze, the production game is assed out.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are plenty nice prducers
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    edited May 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • w0rd up s0n
    not on the level of those from the 90's early 00's...just my opinion

There are plenty nice prducers

• Turfaholic
    Bia Bia Lil Jon > Snap Yo Fingers Lil Jon
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe im cool with things cause im live in the south. Maybe if i lived elsewhere that hasnt had such success in the game id be jealous cause some other region was runnin it now and id say "the music sucks now". But I see through these type of tactics so easy.
  • Gen. Stasia
    Gen. Stasia Members Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's alot of Nice ass producers they are just no names or in house. You have to dig deep but thats just like Rap Music in general.

But the Producing Game is ? up these dudes be chargin CRAZY for these wack ass beats but somebody is paying for them. Producing seem like the easiest come up nowa days.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theres still plenty of dope producers out there