What ever happened to the nice producers?

Options
13»

Comments

• RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hate these types of questions

nice anything has not vanished or died out

there is always good music. you jus gotta be willing to try new things.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SwampNigga wrote: »
    Wild Self wrote: »
    808s is like fast food for people ears. That ? ended the versatile boom bap music and into predictable, cheesy southern inspired strip club music. We live in a southern led culture now and producers reflect that. Outside of a few people like Static Skeletah, Kanye, and Just Blaze, the production game is assed out.

Nah it ain't. I was livin by those beats in the late 90's way before it made it to mainstream. For me it ain't no trend or somethin that won't last. It's a way of life. Just like yall on here capin for boom bap, only difference it's more of yall than it is of us on the internet. The only thing versatile about boom bap was choosin what sample they was gon throw over them repetitive ass drums. Most ? even sampled the drums. The South has been known to combine soulful samples with 808's and hi-hats, and when they do I prefer them over any boom bap sound.

You talkin like the ? just popped up out of nowhere. It was around in the 80's, The ? is Hip Hop too.

I can tell the difference between them bein made by some imitation, band wagon hoppin producer and when it's somebody who was actually influenced by it.

So production is assed out because NY bred boom bap has played out of the mainstream? That ain't fair. It ain't even dead, it just ain't in the mainstream.

Yall should be mad at bob, skylar grey, mr. hudson, dre, em, lupe, and all these other clowns bringin them farmclub.com, pop, britney spears soundin drums and samples into Hip Hop. Now that's what's killin Hip Hop. White women singin hooks and ? , it's disgusting.

Cuz like somebody on here said, Trap is the last movement in Hip Hop that is powered by the streets. Ain't that where Hip Hop come from the streets?

I used to be just like yall ? towards Southern Hip Hop, imagine that. I went through the snap era with a smile on my face but by the time Stanky leg got here I was sick to my stomach wit these ? . When Gucci dropped The Movie part 1 he pulled me back in. Waka dropped Hard in the paint, Rozay liked what he heard then came and got that BMF, yall been buckin in the mainstream every since. This style wasn't even the dominant sound of the South before that happened.

Don't blame the South, blame the followers.

you right about a few things, and fyi, I said that statement about Trap Rap is the last street based music making noise in the mainstream, and even that is fading. You also brought back some dark memories with that Euro Hip pop sound. The production game in the 808s may go out like boom bap rap a few years from now, but when was the last time you heard someone spit a detailed, coherent story on a blaring 808s beat? When was the last universal classic rap album that had 100% 808s that was hailed classic and had near infinite replayability?
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Smh @ these new age Nintendo/Sega synthesizer beats of today.

The samples have gotten more expensive to clear, and @SwampNigga co-sign his post.
  • meta4tony
    meta4tony Members Posts: 89
    Options
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only thing I'd say about the 808s is that every Tom, ? and Harry is usin' the same production style on their songs...Before, there was balance...Now everyone's ? is interchangeable, which is annoyin'...Few years ago, you had Dre makin' them Dre beats...Tim makin' them Tim beats...The Neptunes, Premo, Heakmakers, Runners, Kanye, Bink!, Blaze...All different and versatile...Nowadays, albums sound similar to the point where you have trouble differentiating tracks...

? blamin' a region..blame this spineless rappers who followin' trends...

• CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Another thing...When a particular style becomes popular...it doesn't usually last this long in the mainstream...
  • w0rd up s0n
    w0rd up s0n Members Posts: 27
    Options
    @ wild self...you summed it up right there for me..you can't spit storytelling bars on 808s lol
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They are forced to make the Rick Ross BMF beat over and over and over and over .....
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    808s is like drugs in the club. These rappers do anything for a hit and some fame
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SOWETO wrote: »
    and there really isn't even one lil jon joint y'all liked? i call ? .

Grand Finale and those other records with Ice Cube are still amazing IDGAF
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @ wild self...you summed it up right there for me..you can't spit storytelling bars on 808s lol

Lol YES you can bruh. What do you think the Message by Grandmaster Flash was made on? It was an 808. 808s have been around since the beginning of hip hop (much earlier even), so do your homework and find some storytelling records over 808s. They're out there...
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    So now the production sucks too, huh smh

No sign.

Freeway, Rick Ross, Game, Currensy, Styles P just to name a few do not agree with you.
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they are out there, just need to look.. but on the commercial front, now the fans have got cornier (florida/nicki fans etc) then the production has got cornier... they produce what sells...
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SwampNigga wrote: »
    808s is like fast food for people ears. That ? ended the versatile boom bap music and into predictable, cheesy southern inspired strip club music. We live in a southern led culture now and producers reflect that. Outside of a few people like Static Skeletah, Kanye, and Just Blaze, the production game is assed out.

Nah it ain't. I was livin by those beats in the late 90's way before it made it to mainstream. For me it ain't no trend or somethin that won't last. It's a way of life. Just like yall on here capin for boom bap, only difference it's more of yall than it is of us on the internet. The only thing versatile about boom bap was choosin what sample they was gon throw over them repetitive ass drums. Most ? even sampled the drums. The South has been known to combine soulful samples with 808's and hi-hats, and when they do I prefer them over any boom bap sound.

You talkin like the ? just popped up out of nowhere. It was around in the 80's, The ? is Hip Hop too.

I can tell the difference between them bein made by some imitation, band wagon hoppin producer and when it's somebody who was actually influenced by it.

So production is assed out because NY bred boom bap has played out of the mainstream? That ain't fair. It ain't even dead, it just ain't in the mainstream.

Yall should be mad at bob, skylar grey, mr. hudson, dre, em, lupe, and all these other clowns bringin them farmclub.com, pop, britney spears soundin drums and samples into Hip Hop. Now that's what's killin Hip Hop. White women singin hooks and ? , it's disgusting.

Cuz like somebody on here said, Trap is the last movement in Hip Hop that is powered by the streets. Ain't that where Hip Hop come from the streets?

I used to be just like yall ? towards Southern Hip Hop, imagine that. I went through the snap era with a smile on my face but by the time Stanky leg got here I was sick to my stomach wit these ? . When Gucci dropped The Movie part 1 he pulled me back in. Waka dropped Hard in the paint, Rozay liked what he heard then came and got that BMF, yall been buckin in the mainstream every since. This style wasn't even the dominant sound of the South before that happened.

Don't blame the South, blame the followers.

you right about a few things, and fyi, I said that statement about Trap Rap is the last street based music making noise in the mainstream, and even that is fading. You also brought back some dark memories with that Euro Hip pop sound. The production game in the 808s may go out like boom bap rap a few years from now, but when was the last time you heard someone spit a detailed, coherent story on a blaring 808s beat? When was the last universal classic rap album that had 100% 808s that was hailed classic and had near infinite replayability?

bigkrit.jpg
  • I Am Him
    I Am Him Members Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    Options
    i see a few people saying there are plenty, but if i have to dig for them, then it can't be that many. also, when did people stop doing real remixes. it used to be a whole different song, now it's just add one or two people to the same beat.
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Now you may not like this song, but it's story tellin over 808s and hi-hats.
    You might not hear story tellin over 808's and hi-hats for the mainstream.
    But you a lie if you say ? can't tell stories over 808's and hi-hats.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZZsAuJRnGM
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    meta4tony wrote: »
    yaull dont like this lil jon beat ?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3MRZeNv57w

Mr. Lee beat, lil jon sample