420 Kemet Style ~ Seshat's Secret

2»

Comments

• bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    The thread was originally about the symbol above Seshat's head. Even the first ? post disagreed with you. I mean, that's your interpretation of what that symbol represents and that's fine but my point is that we don't have enough to go on to conclude that the rendering does in fact represent marijuana. And I'm correct. You are speculating. SPEC-U-LATING.

^^^ I have mad evidence posted, if you point out a specific problem, I can address the speculation....
    The disagreement in the first post came from a misunderstanding of the availability of cannabis in Kemet, which I clarified in the second post....
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    bambu wrote: »
    I most definitely feel you @Jaded Righteousness....

I am not trying to assert this connection as 100% fact, I agree we may both be wrong.

Well I think you're wrong. Accept it or prove otherwise.

You ran away from the original topic and changed the thread title once I came in and had a few words with you so don't act like that's not what happened. I don't care about the availability of marijuana. I want to know if that is or is not marijuana above Seshat's head. If you can't tell me yes with 100 percent factual evidence, then there's no need for you to reply.
  • beenwize
    beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    ? is a fake wanna be egyptologist.
  • bambu
    beenwize wrote: »
    bambu is my favorite egyptologist.

FIXED....

• bambu
    I most definitely feel you @Jaded Righteousness....

I am not trying to assert this connection as 100% fact, I agree we may both be wrong.

Well I think you're wrong. Accept it or prove otherwise.

You ran away from the original topic and changed the thread title once I came in and had a few words with you so don't act like that's not what happened. I don't care about the availability of marijuana. I want to know if that is or is not marijuana above Seshat's head. If you can't tell me yes with 100 percent factual evidence, then there's no need for you to reply.

Anyone can look back at this thread and see that I did not run away from my original topic after our dialogue...

So I am gonna act like that's what happened....Our convo ended when I illustrated, contrary to the beliefs of many that the Ancient Egyptians had plentiful access to cannabis. Therefore, I added the evidence of cannabis in the Hebrew bible and suggested that I change the name to the official cannabis and spirituality thread....

To provide a little clarity on Seshat's headress...

Line+up.png
    Since the two parts of the emblem never appear separately, the explanation must describe how the images work together to symbolize one concept.

In the Coffin Texts, a collection of funerary spells written beginning in the First Intermediate Period (c.2181-c.2055), spell 10 states: Seshat opens the door of heaven for you. [iii] The explanation for the symbol must reflect the whole of Seshat’s complex character.

It’s not a star because the base of the emblem is often not star-shaped at all. Same for palm leaves. As for papyrus, that is the least likely candidate since the hieroglyph for that sacred plant is everywhere and it looks nothing like the Seshat symbol.
    point+line+up.png

Although the emblem renderings above differ widely in shape and artistic style, cannabis is a perfect match for every image in the set.
    Cannabis+line+up.png

In every carving the upper shape or downward pointing bovine horns flows down from above and around an image that always looks like a cannabis leaf. That leaf always rises straight from the crown of Seshat’s head, and always stands at attention under the veil.

The leaf is cannabis, and the veil is the wisdom it bestows. Taken together the two images represent the source of Seshat’s creative ideas, cosmic intuition and spiritual connection.

Does this explanation relate to real life in ancient Egypt?

Yes. Cannabis was known as medicine and would have been available to people with resources and trade connections. The famously fertile delta would have supported local cultivation, and the variety of point configurations in the drawings supports the notion of favored strains. The notion of a private palace home grow is also consistent with the mythology; Seshat was known as a secretive goddess who preferred the company of royals....

"An unusual characterization of a learned scribe is as one “whom Thoth himself has taught, into whose mouth Seshat has spat,” which is uncannily reminiscent of a Greek myth recounted by Apollodorus, in which Polyeidos deprives Glaukos of the arts which Glaukos has learned from him by having Glaukos spit into his mouth."
    http://henadology.wordpress.com/theology/netjeru/seshat/

Feel free to comment, but miss me with the speculation.... My evidence is on the table....

HOTEP
  • Bodhi
    Nobody cares about this ? , sorry.
  • bambu
    edited July 2012
    You and @Beenwize love it.....
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    BUMP.... vital information in here
    (shakes head in disappointment)
  • beenwize
    beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    ? been gettin his lame ass sonned by jaded for a min now.. u need to stop with these ? threads u keep making trying to get ppl to think u know about ancient Egypt. None of yur shut is original anyway.
  • bambu
    edited July 2012
    janklow wrote: »
    (nods head in approval)
    Bambu been smashin ? in here for a min now.. Keep dropping dope ? .

FIXED
  • Bodhi
    lol play all you want but that's not what either of them actually said. Nobody in this forum was born yesterday.
  • bambu
    Look fella....feel free to continue with your European understanding of the ancients......

But every time you or your cronies bring it my way, your ass is gonna get schooled.
  • Bodhi
    I don't believe that
  • bambu
    you don't have to ? ....

anyone that can read understands.....
  • Bodhi
    No, not that. I just don't believe you'll school me on anything. I mean, you haven't so far. It's just not likely that you will in the future. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm probably not.
  • bambu
    No, not that. I just don't believe you'll school me on anything. I mean, you haven't so far. It's just not likely that you will in the future. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm probably not.

This coming from a ? that just found out that the ancients had plentiful access to cannabis and that it influenced their culture.....

I have no doubt that I will be schooling your ass in the future as well.... When I get breaks between actually schooling ? in the classroom.....
  • Bodhi
    That wasn't the point of the thread. You still haven't proven that the symbol above seshats head represents marijuana so you really haven't schooled me on ? .
  • bambu
    edited July 2012
    That wasn't the point of the thread. You still haven't proven that the symbol above seshats head represents marijuana so you really haven't schooled me on ? .

? ....How you gonna tell me what the point of my thread is???

"Well technically you didn't really school me" HEAD ASS ? .....

you got "schooled, shined on, sunned" or whatever you want to call it.... It's alright...

• Bodhi
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    janklow wrote: »
    (nods head in approval)
    Bambu been smashin ? in here for a min now.. Keep dropping dope ? .

FIXED
    well, since you don't seem to understand the concept of "don't bump your own threads without adding anything of value to them," let's see what it looks like when one continues to do it.

This discussion has been closed.