8-Year-Old Gets 'Catastrophe Award' for Most Homework Excuses. How would you react as a parent?

Options
13»

Comments

• DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Options
    That doesn't particularly sit well with me. The "award" reeks of condescension and shaming as opposed to actually solving the issue. A more formal means of informing the parent such as a phone call or a letter from the principal would've more than sufficed.

But if this was in good fun, then its all good. Lets not act like that there isn't an overall apathy/averson to homework that exists all throughout school and I applaud a teacher who recognizes it and is making fun out of it, cuz Rao knows they'll NEVER get every kid to take it serious all the time.

Shaming someone for being dumb is always a good thing, it makes them want to be smart subconsciously to stop the shame and the clowning, especially if it's in front of their peers.

Anyways, the mom should be ashamed of 2 things

1. Not knowing her daughter was struggling or even going over her work with her
    2. Having a daughter with so little work effort she ain't do homework in 2nd ? grade where homework is the easiest thing ever.

I'd beat my kids ass if they got that award, even if it's partially my fault. It's unacceptable.