Toddler Singing Homophobic Song In Church Goes Viral

2»

Comments

• Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lonious

That's where the stories are derived from. After all the Khemetans are parented by the Ethiopians. Civilization developed from the South northward developing into the Khemetic empires.

It's not the Bible's fault for anything it's a piece of literature or rather numerous books authored by people with a socio political agenda that moved from isolationism to inclusion based on the political needs of the age.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lonious

That's where the stories are derived from. After all the Khemetans are parented by the Ethiopians. Civilization developed from the South northward developing into the Khemetic empires.

It's not the Bible's fault for anything it's a piece of literature or rather numerous books authored by people with a socio political agenda that moved from isolationism to inclusion based on the political needs of the age.

That was my point. Everything has evolved from something else. Discounting the Bible because it is a retelling of earlier stories is a big silly. Your previous made it seem like you were discounting any good in the Bible because the Catholic church has abused it and because some stories likely have earlier origins.

On a side note, Catholics are funny. They kinda seem to just ignore a lot of what the Bible says. For instance, Jesus specifically says call no man "Father" for you only have one Father in heaven. He was speaking in reference to so called spiritual leaders and you should look at them. What do Catholics call their Priests again? So see you can't really knock the Bible because some groups choose to claim they follow it but in fact just pick, choose, and twist what they want to follow.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That picture is hilarious.

I really don't give a ? about the bible or what it says, today's teachings in church are exactly what I said. The teaching of homos and hell is old as ? and still is one of it's main topics. What it actually means or says isn't of my concern. It's religious ? that was misunderstood back in the day, the knew not of what they saw.
  • Amotekun
    @Lonious

That was my point. Everything has evolved from something else. Discounting the Bible because it is a retelling of earlier stories is a big silly. Your previous made it seem like you were discounting any good in the Bible because the Catholic church has abused it and because some stories likely have earlier origins.

On a side note, Catholics are funny. They kinda seem to just ignore a lot of what the Bible says. For instance, Jesus specifically says call no man "Father" for you only have one Father in heaven. He was speaking in reference to so called spiritual leaders and you should look at them. What do Catholics call their Priests again? So see you can't really knock the Bible because some groups choose to claim they follow it but in fact just pick, choose, and twist what they want to follow.

I don't discount the Bible simply because it is a retelling of the stories. If that were the case I wouldn't have a problem. For instance the 10 commandments are the first ten of the 42 kemetic negative confessions.

I discount the bible because besides the wisdom of age, the bible teaches people to believe in some ? up science. For instance that all the land species present on earth today are descended from two pairs of animals brought onto an ark. Verdad? Really? Impossibru. Or people claiming that the earth is only 6000 years old when we have human civilization going back 80000 to 100000 years ago.

Or even the inherent sexism that I am currently deprogramming myself of. This inherent inequality between the sexes that leads to the violent and suspect subjugation of females. Ideas that were foreign to our African ancestors just based off the creation allegories as opposed to the bible allegory of a woman being created from the rib of a man.

I discount the bible because it taught Black people that they should be kind and obedient to their masters relying on the mercy of them to do well instead of fighting for their liberation and to wait for a prize at the bottom of the ? jack box (heaven). Look where the ? that has left us. Done all that and our ? is is shambles across the board. Islam is not off the hook either.
  • The Lonious Monk
    @Lonious

I don't discount the Bible simply because it is a retelling of the stories. If that were the case I wouldn't have a problem. For instance the 10 commandments are the first ten of the 42 kemetic negative confessions.

I discount the bible because besides the wisdom of age, the bible teaches people to believe in some ? up science. For instance that all the land species present on earth today are descended from two pairs of animals brought onto an ark. Verdad? Really? Impossibru. Or people claiming that the earth is only 6000 years old when we have human civilization going back 80000 to 100000 years ago.

Or even the inherent sexism that I am currently deprogramming myself of. This inherent inequality between the sexes that leads to the violent and suspect subjugation of females. Ideas that were foreign to our African ancestors just based off the creation allegories as opposed to the bible allegory of a woman being created from the rib of a man.

I discount the bible because it taught Black people that they should be kind and obedient to their masters relying on the mercy of them to do well instead of fighting for their liberation and to wait for a prize at the bottom of the ? jack box (heaven). Look where the ? that has left us. Done all that and our ? is is shambles across the board. Islam is not off the hook either.

So you discount the Bible because you allegories and parables with in it may be a little ridiculous when taken literally? I'm not quite sure I understand. You seem to acknowledge that the Bible is full of stories developed to make a moral point, but then you turn around and knock those stories because they aren't scientifically accurate. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

And the Bible did not teach Black people to be kind and obedient to their masters. I don't see where you even get that from. The biggest slave story in the Bible ended with the slave population being put through a miserable set of circumstances and the leader of said slave population being killed in pursuit of the freed slaves. That doesn't exactly send the message that everything will end up right for those that indulge in the institution of slavery. It should also be clear that most references to "slaves" in the Bible were no the same as the chattel slavery that we know of when talking about American history. It would be more comparable to indentured servants. You know, the type of system t hat was commonly used in the African cultures you seem to be fond of.
  • Amotekun
    @Lonious

The biggest slave story, the lynch pin of the Bible, that expulsion did not go down the way it was written. Moses is a co-opted name from Pharaoh Ahmose of the Eighteenth dynasty who drove the hyksos (jews) out of egypt after invading and taking over for a spell.

I never said anythng about the parables, those are distinct in nature. I'm talking about the stories that are written as history that we're supposed to take as fact. The Great Flood is written and talked about as a historic event.

Ephesians Chapter 6
    5Slaves,a obey your earthly mastersb with fear and trembling, with a sincere heart, as you would Christ, 6not by the way of eye-service, as people-pleasers, but as servantsc of Christ, doing the will of ? from the heart, 7rendering service with a good will as to the Lord and not to man, 8knowing that whatever good anyone does, this he will receive back from the Lord, whether he is a slave or free. 9Masters, do the same to them, and stop your threatening, knowing that he who is both their Masterd and yours is in heaven, and that there is no partiality with him.

Treat the master with the same respect as a ? . Word? This is just how Black people treat white men with the same fear as toward a ? .

1Peter
    Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh. 19For it is commendable if a man bears up under the pain of unjust suffering because he is conscious of ? . 20But how is it to your credit if you receive a beating for doing wrong and endure it? But if you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before ? . 21To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.

Word? ? can beat a slaves ass, mind you we have pictures of of the harshest of cruelties to slaves. But count it all to joy!

This not to mention the many women forced into marriage because they were the spoils of war.
  • The Lonious Monk
    @Lonious

The biggest slave story, the lynch pin of the Bible, that expulsion did not go down the way it was written. Moses is a co-opted name from Pharaoh Ahmose of the Eighteenth dynasty who drove the hyksos (jews) out of egypt after invading and taking over for a spell.

I never said anythng about the parables, those are distinct in nature. I'm talking about the stories that are written as history that we're supposed to take as fact. The Great Flood is written and talked about as a historic event.

Ephesians Chapter 6
    5Slaves,a obey your earthly mastersb with fear and trembling, with a sincere heart, as you would Christ, 6not by the way of eye-service, as people-pleasers, but as servantsc of Christ, doing the will of ? from the heart, 7rendering service with a good will as to the Lord and not to man, 8knowing that whatever good anyone does, this he will receive back from the Lord, whether he is a slave or free. 9Masters, do the same to them, and stop your threatening, knowing that he who is both their Masterd and yours is in heaven, and that there is no partiality with him.

Treat the master with the same respect as a ? . Word? This is just how Black people treat white men with the same fear as toward a ? .

1Peter
    Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh. 19For it is commendable if a man bears up under the pain of unjust suffering because he is conscious of ? . 20But how is it to your credit if you receive a beating for doing wrong and endure it? But if you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before ? . 21To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.

Word? ? can beat a slaves ass, mind you we have pictures of of the harshest of cruelties to slaves. But count it all to joy!

This not to mention the many women forced into marriage because they were the spoils of war.

Well you got a point with those scriptures. But it's still talking about indentured servitude and not chattel slavery. The difference being that the servants in the first case are working off debts of some type and not glorified beasts of burden as in the second case. Taken in that context, the first scripture is saying that you should basically fulfill your duty respectably. And it's funny how you don't acknowledge that the same scripture says the the Masters should treat the slaves in the same way. That said, you were right about the fear part, though I suspect the connotations behind how that word was used then were probably a little different.

Nothing to say about the second scripture. You were right there. Although, you're still taking things a bit out of context. Again, the scripture is talking about servant, or people duty bound to fulfill a certain role. It's not talking about people stolen from their land and treated like animals. You confusing cultural differences between the modern world and biblical times with the Bible basically giving poor teaching. Essentially what this scripture is saying is that if you have a job, you should do it to the best of your ability regardless if your Boss is an ? or not because ? sees it as being commendable for you to do good in spite of being put in a less that favorable situation.

Don't get me wrong, I can see how all that can easily see how that was misused to keep American slaves in place, but now that we know better and can read the Bible objectively, we should put more thought into what it's actually saying and the context in which it was written.