Rondo will be a Hall of Famer

Options
S2J
S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
Not a shock thread.

His playoff numbers that we onced scoffed at are pilin up

Not just based on him droppin 44, but the assists numbers arent going anywhere...the triple doubles arent either. If they matter for the legacy of J. Kidd, Magic, Lebron....you cant ignore them for Rondo. On this pace he will finish his career with J. Kidd type numbers (minus the 3's).

Last night was just the proof that the big 3 aint as integral to his success as we thought.

Men lie, women lie, numbers dont. Discuss

Comments

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe...he needs to continue whats he doing...Im intrested to see if he continues doing this once the big 3 are not on the team.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Co-sign thread.

• lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    time will tell but yea if he keeps up this pace he's in
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rondo been the C's best player since 2010

that playoff run he was puttin up 29 point 13 assists and 18 rebound triple doubles

Last night was his best shootin/scoring performance I ever witnessed
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if he keeps it up he will be
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at quoting Mac Miller.

He could get in. He already has a championship. If he gets another, he can start to focus on his numbers and get that PPG up.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I have to agree. And the Celtics we're seriously talking about trading him, that would of been some of the STUPIDEST ? I ever seen.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    I have to agree. And the Celtics we're seriously talking about trading him, that would of been some of the STUPIDEST ? I ever seen.

Word...he must be really annoying behind the scenes for them to consider trading him
  • S2J
    Options
    nd i'll readily admit i called him a ? until like 2 years ago. I can admit when im wrong

Ray and KG will probly be gone next year- i think pierce will stay- so Rondo gon go ham, no more 12ppg
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its a pg league now....rondo will do fine without the big 3
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man can't believe lakers passed on that rondo for gasol trade
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man ? still doubting rondo???

ain't he prove himself like 2 yrs ago when he was going toe to toe with d rose dropping buckets while the old 3 were hurt/ineffective

? just hate on rondo cause they feel like he got a "gift"

dude is just taking advantage of an opportunity

how many other players land in fortunate situations and flop??? or don't live up to the hype

just let that boy cook. stop hating and enjoy whats in front of you for once in your life
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    man ? still doubting rondo???

ain't he prove himself like 2 yrs ago when he was going toe to toe with d rose dropping buckets while the old 3 were hurt/ineffective

? just hate on rondo cause they feel like he got a "gift"

dude is just taking advantage of an opportunity

how many other players land in fortunate situations and flop??? or don't live up to the hype

just let that boy cook. stop hating and enjoy whats in front of you for once in your life

Criticisims of his game is valid...dude couldnt hit a open jumper to save his life and still is a horrible free throw shooter...
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I said this months ago but if Rondo hits that midrange jumper consistently, he's easily the best point guard in the league
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let's give it more time he's improved drastically every year I wanna see how things look without da Big 3 we might see dat next year we might see it da year after
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If he plays out his career as it has been he sure will.. (and this is not just because of last nights game)
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Parker is the best pg in the league

Even after the big 3 are gone, he has the skills to make the team better
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Rondo will have to do this for the rest of the series for the Celtics to even have a chance. They gotta win 3 in a row now.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    Rondo will have to do this for the rest of the series for the Celtics to even have a chance. They gotta win 3 in a row now.

They gotta win 4 of 5 against my squad...unlikely
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think he will be when its all said and done, Rondo needs to start playing as if he is a jump shooter, he came out firing and had an incredible first half, 3rd quarter he got away from it and passed up like 3 open mid range looks and our offense was stagnant, thats when we fell behind, but its funny to me how people get caught up in a performance like that one, I agree that Rondo with a jumper is the best pg in the league but until he proves he can do it consistently hes still top 5, during the playoffs last year people were calling Dirk a top 3 PF of all time and all sorts of crazy labels and this year people forget that even happened, 2 weeks ago Westbrook was the best PG in the league hands down, this past week it was Parker, after last night its Rondo, people need to slow down
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Parker is the best pg in the league

Even after the big 3 are gone, he has the skills to make the team better

example of a prisoneer of the moment ?

Parker should have been 1st team this year but he aint the best point guard in the league
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No doubt. If he had a long range shot he'd be the best pg today IMO.
  • BlackThor356
    BlackThor356 Members Posts: 850 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    at this rate sure...but i wanna see how the C's build around him when the "Big 3" are gone
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Rondo played great but they still lost and it was 1 game wanna see him shoot more efficient like that all the time but Rondo did his thing but @ the end of the day it was a lost still wondering if the Celts got enough in the tank for GM 3
  • S2J
    Options
    at this rate sure...but i wanna see how the C's build around him when the "Big 3" are gone

They'll be non-descript for 2-4 years. They'll fight for 7-8 seeds, but at the same time they'll be drafting in the late lottery/mid round, so they cant really get better

But Rondo will put up sick numbers