Racism in hollywood.She´s black in the book but they made her white in the movie.Hunger games.

Options
13»

Comments

• Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    @Dr.Chemix I didn´t make it clear that the story is in the future and that the dark people live in the ? up areas.There´s couple light skin people in her town but they all have government jobs.The people in the rich towns are mostly white.The people in district 1 the richest district are basically all light.So it´s not that hard to understand that they saying she´s black.That olive color ? is just not to say she´s black for sure and make racial tension and it´s good for the imagination.Plus as an author I salute her for making the olive reference and going over ya heads and making us fight over this.No diss to whoever did not read the book but for ya herb ass ? that read it and say she´s latin or arab like...Ya should jump off a building.If the author pops up and say she´s arab I would call ? on that ? cause she went hollywood.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfAEgUKUIzc&feature=player_embedded

lol bruh, I know the story and I read the controversy. Making us fight over this? That must be you, it isn't me. Lol, bruh I don't give a flying ? really. I'm just stating my opinion and what I have seen. I have never heard olive complexions being associated with black folks. And I have never met a black person who has an olive complexion. Now I have met some mediterranean, greek broads who have the olive complexion. So basically I have seen other folks with olive complexions but they weren't black. Not at all.

How about this...have you ever seen an black person who has an olive complexion? You say yes, you're lying and I know it.

BTW, that vid is GOAT. "The Last ? Alive starring Tom Hanks" Lmfao!!
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    those greeks and dark Italians got ? genes... #fact
  • Dr.Chemix
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »

Bruh, from the very beginning of time everybody had ? genes...that's not the point here. Have you ever seen a black person, an official black person, who has an olive complexion?

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    u really want to have this devolve into a discussion about what constitutes an official black?
    to answer your question, yes I have... keep in mind that people don't use the term "olive complexion" literally... that would be silly... it ranges from tan to brown...
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Why should we expect white producers and directors to cater to a small black audience? Their primary audience is white and that is who they'll cater to.

I think one point is that white audiences shouldn't be so ? racist...

Well that's a problem they themselves have to address. Racial tolerance isn't going to be solved by purposely promoting racial diversity in films. Nor should it be the obligation of directors and producers to do so. If we want to see blacks in films that bad we should start supporting our own directors, producers, and screen writers. To be more blunt I'm saying "? em, lets do our own thing". We should know by now that anytime a minority is used in films it's more often then not going to be the caricature of that particular racial/ethnic group. The use of blacks and other minorities in films has done very little to promote racial tolerance and done more to reinforce stereotypes and prejudices. Rarely do we ever see a black in a dignified and non silly position. I'm not saying their obligated to do so because again, it's their film and their catering to their audience (white). And lets be honest, black heroes isn't what the majority of white audiences want to see anyway. It's too taboo and it goes against everything they have been wired believe about black folk. Again we should be doing our own thing because most of the time when white film makers include us in their stories it's usually some ? ass role anyway. Why ? and moan about us not being shown in films if their constantly giving us ? roles anyway. Again we should be doing our thing.

props if read all this ? . i went off in a tangent but i'm tired of the ?
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why should we expect white producers and directors to cater to a small black audience? Their primary audience is white and that is who they'll cater to.

I think one point is that white audiences shouldn't be so ? racist...

Well that's a problem they themselves have to address. Racial tolerance isn't going to be solved by purposely promoting racial diversity in films. Nor should it be the obligation of directors and producers to do so. If we want to see blacks in films that bad we should start supporting our own directors, producers, and screen writers. To be more blunt I'm saying "? em, lets do our own thing". We should know by now that anytime a minority is used in films it's more often then not going to be the caricature of that particular racial/ethnic group. The use of blacks and other minorities in films has done very little to promote racial tolerance and done more to reinforce stereotypes and prejudices. Rarely do we ever see a black in a dignified and non silly position. I'm not saying their obligated to do so because again, it's their film and their catering to their audience (white). And lets be honest, black heroes isn't what the majority of white audiences want to see anyway. It's too taboo and it goes against everything they have been wired believe about black folk. Again we should be doing our own thing because most of the time when white film makers include us in their stories it's usually some ? ass role anyway. Why ? and moan about us not being shown in films if their constantly giving us ? roles anyway. Again we should be doing our thing.

props if read all this ? . i went off in a tangent but i'm tired of the ?

cO-SIGN YOU MY ? .Props.But yo change your ? gif my ? it´s ? my eyes up.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? them ?
  • Dr.Chemix
    Options
    u really want to have this devolve into a discussion about what constitutes an official black?
    to answer your question, yes I have... keep in mind that people don't use the term "olive complexion" literally... that would be silly... it ranges from tan to brown...

dog, you missing one valuable ? thing in this whole discussion...common ? sense...you didn't even answer the question...have you even seen a black person described as being olive ? ?

dayum...why we turning green beans into steak? No ? in this thread ever has heard a black person being described as olive. no one. blue, yes?

But olive? C'mon yo, my ? is based in reality...not down to a scientific approach...? isn't that hard
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »

dog, you missing one valuable ? thing in this whole discussion...common ? sense...you didn't even answer the question...have you even seen a black person described as being olive ? ?

dayum...why we turning green beans into steak? No ? in this thread ever has heard a black person being described as olive. no one. blue, yes?

But olive? C'mon yo, my ? is based in reality...not down to a scientific approach...? isn't that hard

Bruh....Olives are black and brown as well, google that ? , look at one, it's most likely saying she's black.
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    Options
    LMAO Americans are amusing mayneeeeee, ? bless your (post?) apartheid state.