Comments

• ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »
    Why is ESPN caping Romo?
    Saying hes top 5? GTFOH...

I dont care about stats...

Romo had his chances and hes playing for Americas Team...

but if Romo is top 5 I would take 6-10 over him...

I mean if you go by stats Romo has been top 5 since his first full year as a starter. People just don't want to admit that because he has had some serious ? ups in crucial situations. Honestly any QB that plays for the Cowboys is automatically considered a failure unless he wins, period.

It's our teams pedigree bro, you don't go from building probably the best dynasty team ever to going a decade and a half without a playoff win. Fact of the matter is look at the history of the team, all the winning seasons, super bowl titles, playoff berths, division crowns. Look at some of the teams we have built, that '06-'07 team could have EASILY won a super bowl, but got steam rolled by a far inferior team. Who are the fans going to blame? Of course the quarterback.

Romo is just like Danny White, honestly. People say he sucks and all that, but in reality he is actually far better than he gets credit for.

the bolded hurts bruh... because Danny was great but we couldnt get over the ?

All im saying is we as Cowboys fans have to be critial because other teams dont want to admit it but they look up to us... The Yankees and Lakers have high expectations every year and so do we... No excuses for underachieving every year and making dumb mistake... Like I said in the other thread... I just want us to play like we have some pride as being Americas Team... be should be setting the standard every year... Now we're a laughing stock and ? dont respect us...

• dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Romo gets blamed too much...Get off his nuts and witness wtf my Boys gonna do this season...Romo is easily Top 7 QB EVERY season for the past 5 seasons...I dare you to argue against that and be right..
    coop9889 wrote: »
    The same ? that think Romo aint ? are usually the same type of ? ? that think Lebron aint ? .

They think neither of them are clutch when statistics prove them wrong.

To both of y'all i will agree that romo is one of the best qbs playing right now...

However none of y'all can tell me he's clutch and 4th quarter stats don't mean ? in this case... how many times have you seen romo step up when the game was on the line?

I saw him twice last season against Arizona and against the Giants drive the ball WELL into field goal range with an easy kick to win the game. The first time they iced their own ? kicker, the second time the line failed to block JPP. Romo stepped up and the team failed him. Not saying it's always like that, but that's how the cookie crumbled those two times.

i don't remember who it was they played last year...
    But it was a similar situation and Romo drove the team down the field to take the game (nice ass drive too)
    But the last play of the drive Romo threw the ball (and i remember my reaction when the ball was in the air was "this ? here") and the ball was picked off in the end zone...
    And it wasn't a great defensive play it was just a ? awful throw by romo that's just one example that comes to mind among many others

I believe you are talking about the Jets game and I agree, terrible throw. Still though, watch the rest of the play; none of his receivers we're open, it was 4th down and like 8(can't remember exactly but he wouldn't have been able to run for the first before getting brought down). He extended the play in hopes of finding an open receiver and when he thought he saw one the threw the ball. Problem is he threw across his body and put too much air under it. There is lot's of blame that can be dished out on that play, but yes Romo's fault for not planting his foot first before throwing it.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Romo gets blamed too much...Get off his nuts and witness wtf my Boys gonna do this season...Romo is easily Top 7 QB EVERY season for the past 5 seasons...I dare you to argue against that and be right..
    The same ? that think Romo aint ? are usually the same type of ? ? that think Lebron aint ? .

To both of y'all i will agree that romo is one of the best qbs playing right now...

However none of y'all can tell me he's clutch and 4th quarter stats don't mean ? in this case... how many times have you seen romo step up when the game was on the line?

I can name more times where he put his team in position to win at the end of the game than you can name times he ? up in the same position:

The game against the 49ers. The last drive where the center snapped the ball over romos head TWICE, and the receivers didnt know wtf they were doing. He drove them down the field, 5 for 6, for a game tying FG. Then hit that 77 yard pass in OT to win. Did it all with cracked ribs.

The very next game against the skins, Romo led them downfield (including a 30 yard pass on a 3rd and 21) for the game winning FG with 1:47 left. Still with cracked ribs so bad he required an injection at halftime.

Against the Patriots, Romo led the team downfield to kick a FG for the lead with 5 mins left. The next possession they ran 3 straight run plays to run out the clock. So Romo put his team in position to win at the end of the game, defense couldnt stop Brady at the end.

Against the Skins, romo scrambled on a 3rd and 15 to find Dez for a 26 yard completion for the game winning FG in OT.

Against the dolphins, boys were down 2 with 2:59 left, ball on own 36. Instead of ? up in clutch moments like you claim, he led cowboys downfield for game winning FG.

Against the cardinals, Romo led the team (including a 15 yard pass on a 3rd and 11) to FG range for the would-be winning kick, but we all remember the garrett timeout that negated it. So romo did his job and put the team in position to win. He didnt even get the ball in OT.

Against the Giants, Romo, with 46 seconds left, hit miles austin on passes of 22 and 23 yards to set up the game tying, OT forcing FG kick. It was blocked after the timeout. But romo put the team in position to win. Clutch.

So ? about him not performing late in games.

• Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

sayin a player aint clutch aint the same as sayin they aint ? .

• coop9889
    Options
    I've almost every game Romo has played and the problem is consistency. Consistency from game to game, consistency from quarter to quarter and consistency from half to half. It's just not there. 5 td's in one half 3 pics in the next half. His blunders are usually of epic proportion. He doesn't just fumble, he fumbles and then bats the ball backwards and the d-line picks it up and runs it in. Stuff like that. With Romo, his critics are right and his supports are right.

This like this happen a lot less than you think. Your perception of him is flawed, just like most people. He only had 10 picks and 7 fumbles last year. Thats basically an average of 1 turnover a game.
  • coop9889
    Options

sayin a player aint clutch aint the same as sayin they aint ? .

Yeah, you and I know that, however.... you listen to people who say lebron aint ? and ask them why. Guarantee the majority of reasons you get have something to do with his late game performance.
  • ocelot
    Options
    I've almost every game Romo has played and the problem is consistency. Consistency from game to game, consistency from quarter to quarter and consistency from half to half. It's just not there. 5 td's in one half 3 pics in the next half. His blunders are usually of epic proportion. He doesn't just fumble, he fumbles and then bats the ball backwards and the d-line picks it up and runs it in. Stuff like that. With Romo, his critics are right and his supports are right.

This like this happen a lot less than you think. Your perception of him is flawed, just like most people. He only had 10 picks and 7 fumbles last year. Thats basically an average of 1 turnover a game.

naw bruh he's right... its not that Romo would throw a INT... he's the type that would throw a INT for a touchdown with us up by 3 with 2 mins left in the game... Romo doesnt have a lot of statment games... We lost to the Giants on our stadium opener... a game Troy, Emmit and Michael wouldnt have lost... I dont know any good teams that Romo has looked like an elite quarterback against cept for our division... 07-08 was our best team and we had high hopes... everything else is hit or miss... more misses than hits
  • coop9889
    Options

naw bruh he's right... its not that Romo would throw a INT... he's the type that would throw a INT for a touchdown with us up by 3 with 2 mins left in the game... Romo doesnt have a lot of statment games... We lost to the Giants on our stadium opener... a game Troy, Emmit and Michael wouldnt have lost... I dont know any good teams that Romo has looked like an elite quarterback against cept for our division... 07-08 was our best team and we had high hopes... everything else is hit or miss... more misses than hits

All of these perceptions are stemming from situations that RARELY happen. Ever since he fumbled the snap everybody has this image of romo being a loser in the 4th. Because of that ONE mistake.

His situation is comparable to Lebron's. Lebron puts up crazzzy all-time numbers, but he misses a shot in the fourth and all the sudden it diminishes his ENTIRE legacy? gtfoh...

Like in my previous post, I can name more times Romo put the team in position to win than anyone else can put the team in position to lose.

Until someone proves me wrong, you're just talkin out your ass.

I'm not talkin to you specifically, ocelot, im talkin to anyone who thinks Romo isn't clutch.
  • ocelot
    edited May 2012
    Options

All of these perceptions are stemming from situations that RARELY happen. Ever since he fumbled the snap everybody has this image of romo being a loser in the 4th. Because of that ONE mistake.

His situation is comparable to Lebron's. Lebron puts up crazzzy all-time numbers, but he misses a shot in the fourth and all the sudden it diminishes his ENTIRE legacy? gtfoh...

Like in my previous post, I can name more times Romo put the team in position to win than anyone else can put the team in position to lose.

I'm not talkin to you specifically, ocelot, im talkin to anyone who thinks Romo isn't clutch.

if you can post it then help me out because I want to get excited for the Cowboys this season... Im harder on Romo than anyone else because he went to Mexico during the post season and his non caring additude when we lose... I had his back when he couldnt hold the ball against Seattle because ? happens and he looked really down... but when he started acting like he already won something he lost me... Gawd Brady couldve been the perfect Cowboy QB...
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

However none of y'all can tell me he's clutch and 4th quarter stats don't mean ? in this case... how many times have you seen romo step up when the game was on the line?[/quote]

I can name more times where he put his team in position to win at the end of the game than you can name times he ? up in the same position:

The game against the 49ers. The last drive where the center snapped the ball over romos head TWICE, and the receivers didnt know wtf they were doing. He drove them down the field, 5 for 6, for a game tying FG. Then hit that 77 yard pass in OT to win. Did it all with cracked ribs.

The very next game against the skins, Romo led them downfield (including a 30 yard pass on a 3rd and 21) for the game winning FG with 1:47 left. Still with cracked ribs so bad he required an injection at halftime.

Against the Patriots, Romo led the team downfield to kick a FG for the lead with 5 mins left. The next possession they ran 3 straight run plays to run out the clock. So Romo put his team in position to win at the end of the game, defense couldnt stop Brady at the end.

Against the Skins, romo scrambled on a 3rd and 15 to find Dez for a 26 yard completion for the game winning FG in OT.

Against the dolphins, boys were down 2 with 2:59 left, ball on own 36. Instead of ? up in clutch moments like you claim, he led cowboys downfield for game winning FG.

Against the cardinals, Romo led the team (including a 15 yard pass on a 3rd and 11) to FG range for the would-be winning kick, but we all remember the garrett timeout that negated it. So romo did his job and put the team in position to win. He didnt even get the ball in OT.

Against the Giants, Romo, with 46 seconds left, hit miles austin on passes of 22 and 23 yards to set up the game tying, OT forcing FG kick. It was blocked after the timeout. But romo put the team in position to win. Clutch.

[/quote]

Truth............

• angrymaninc
    angrymaninc Members Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    Options

I saw him twice last season against Arizona and against the Giants drive the ball WELL into field goal range with an easy kick to win the game. The first time they iced their own ? kicker, the second time the line failed to block JPP. Romo stepped up and the team failed him. Not saying it's always like that, but that's how the cookie crumbled those two times.

i don't remember who it was they played last year...
    But it was a similar situation and Romo drove the team down the field to take the game (nice ass drive too)
    But the last play of the drive Romo threw the ball (and i remember my reaction when the ball was in the air was "this ? here") and the ball was picked off in the end zone...
    And it wasn't a great defensive play it was just a ? awful throw by romo that's just one example that comes to mind among many others

I believe you are talking about the Jets game and I agree, terrible throw. Still though, watch the rest of the play; none of his receivers we're open, it was 4th down and like 8(can't remember exactly but he wouldn't have been able to run for the first before getting brought down). He extended the play in hopes of finding an open receiver and when he thought he saw one the threw the ball. Problem is he threw across his body and put too much air under it. There is lot's of blame that can be dished out on that play, but yes Romo's fault for not planting his foot first before throwing it.

nah it wasn't cause i remember that game lol but that's another example though...

Alright... i'll take the challenge... i already named one let's see how many more i can come up with:
    Against the lions last year the boys blew a 27 - 3 lead to lose the game in ot 34 to 30 (romo had 2 picks that game)

The game vs the Jets where he not only threw a pick but came close to losing a fumble near the goal line (the play before if i remember properly)

The fumbled snap that you can see in this very thread (classic football moment btw)

Divisional finals 2009 vs the vikings... Romo was a no show after FINALLY winning his 1st nfl post season game against the eagles... the boys got destroyed 34 - 3 (really????)

Matter of fact the season before that the boys needed to win against the eagles to make it to the playoffs... Again romo was a no show

The 1st loss last year vs the giants when romo missed his open man to keep his drive going and keep the ball away from the giants (which would have kept eli from one of his many comebacks last year)

The 2nd loss against the giants was just completely atrocious... i ain't even going to comment on that one...

i'm not even a cowboys fan i shouldn't remember all these examples... but i do...

Chris collinsworth (who is the only nfl analyst i respect) even said romo doesn't deliver in tight knit games...

so drop the pom poms ? ... you would actually think romo is paying you to do his pr smmfh
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    romo doesnt deserve all of the blame but he deserves some

he did botch that snap against the seahawks
    he did throw the game losing pick in the endzone against the giants in the playoffs. that was the year they went 13-3 and swept the giants in the reg. season. they were heavy favorites.
    the cowboys in general didnt play well down the stretch the following year and missed the playoffs. they lost to the eagles 44-6 in their last game of the season. romo committed 3 turnovers
    romo fumbled the ball 3 times and threw one pick against the vikings in the playoffs the following year
    and he played well last season. i blame the defense more than i do romo

You must of not watched that game? That was the O-lines fault for not protecting Romo. He was getting chased like a runaway slave in that damn game, Jarred Allen and those Williams boys came for his head and got it.

Oh man, you knew after that first drive it was gonna be a long day for Romo.
  • newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I honestly would not care if you came up with 500 games. In the games that the Cowboys NEED A BIG PERFORMANCE FROM HIM HE HAS NOT DELIVERED. Giants home playoff game, Vikings playoff game, game against the Eagles in which the winner made the playoffs (basically a playoff game), both games last year against the Eagles and Giants. Notice I did not mention the Seahawks game because I don't count that missed kick ? against him. He put us in a position to win the game and fumbled. I'm talking about no show games. These were not games where Romo killed but the D let us down, these were big games that we needed him to match Eli, match Vick, match Favre with a big time performance but for whatever reason it didn't happen.

Even still, I think Romo is our best chance to win. I'm not lobbying to replace him but you're a fool, straight fool, or you're not watching, if you think he's shown up in big games thus far in his career.
  • will grimey
    will grimey Members Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do you know how hard it is to throw something wit ? up ribs?? What about in overtime of a historic rival game AT their house?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ1wZf43itY
  • angrymaninc
    Options

Do you know how hard it is to throw something wit ? up ribs?? What about in overtime of a historic rival game AT their house?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ1wZf43itY

Check my last post
  • will grimey
    Options
    Romo's main problem is his consistency and I blame Jason Garrett on that. It's like he still hasn't figured out to do with all those weapons yet. Also Romo sometimes feel so pressured to make something big happen that he forces the issue...Other than that he's a great QB primed to be elite with the right play calls..
  • angrymaninc
    Options
    Romo's main problem is his consistency and I blame Jason Garrett on that. It's like he still hasn't figured out to do with all those weapons yet. Also Romo sometimes feel so pressured to make something big happen that he forces the issue...Other than that he's a great QB primed to be elite with the right play calls..

While i will give you the consistency point cause like i said i never said he's a bad qb... i will not place blame on Garrett cause romo been had problems before he showed up so you can't place the blame on him...
  • coop9889
    Options

Alright... i'll take the challenge... i already named one let's see how many more i can come up with:

First off, my entire post was arguing that romo perfoms better in end of game situations than he's perceived to.

And I used examples from only this year, while you have to resort to his entire career smh... But ok lets go

Against the lions last year the boys blew a 27 - 3 lead to lose the game in ot 34 to 30 (romo had 2 picks that game)

How can you lose a game in OT by 4 points. Think about that. And romo threw THREE picks in the game. Get ya facts straight lol. Yes, Romo made mistake throughout the game however the defense was EQUALLY to blame, unable to stop the lions passing game and the end of the game.

For the sake of the argument, I'll give you this one.

The game vs the Jets where he not only threw a pick but came close to losing a fumble near the goal line (the play before if i remember properly)

Yes the pick in which Dez ran the streak instead of the curl route he was supposed to. Easy pick for the best CB in the game. And however, that TD only tied the score. The defense gave up the winning FG.
    The fumbled snap that you can see in this very thread (classic football moment btw)

A bad moment, but has absolutely NOTHING to do with this quarterbacking skill, which is what's being discussed. He wasn't even the normal snapholder at that time, he had to replace an injured player.
    Divisional finals 2009 vs the vikings... Romo was a no show after FINALLY winning his 1st nfl post season game against the eagles... the boys got destroyed 34 - 3 (really????)

Um, this was the entire team getting ? in the ass. Definitely not a Romo thing. Remember, the theme here is you are supposed to be trying to prove Romo sucks in late game situations. Our defense couldn't stop the Vikings and our oline gave up a shitload of sacks and romo was pressured the entire game.
    Matter of fact the season before that the boys needed to win against the eagles to make it to the playoffs... Again romo was a no show

Yet another TEAM drubbing. When you get beat by 30+, its a team thing, not a Qb thing lmao. Once again, nothing to do with performance in the 4th.
    The 1st loss last year vs the giants when romo missed his open man to keep his drive going and keep the ball away from the giants (which would have kept eli from one of his many comebacks last year)

I already covered this. Romo's heroics happened AFTER he missed the open man.
    The 2nd loss against the giants was just completely atrocious... i ain't even going to comment on that one...

Once again, a horrible showing by our defense. Anybody that watched that game watched Newman get burnt 3 times. I'm pretty sure you don't want to comment on this one because Romo went 29 of 37, 289 yards, 2 TDs 1 Int. Good game actually. And this is AFTER he missed the previous game with a hand injury.
    i'm not even a cowboys fan i shouldn't remember all these examples... but i do...

Chris collinsworth (who is the only nfl analyst i respect) even said romo doesn't deliver in tight knit games...

OHHHH! So one guy says it it must be true. So when Pippen said Lebrons a better Player than Jordan it MUST be true. ? and get your own opinion lmao.
    so drop the pom poms ? ... you would actually think romo is paying you to do his pr smmfh

Out of all your examples, he only performed poorly in 2 examples. The end of Jets game and if you want to count the fumbled snap.

Try again.
  • ocelot
    Options
    im a Cowboys fan and I remember every ? up dude has... Im not talking about the games outsiders know about...

Im talking about games where we were in Pittsburgh and the game was on the line and Romo was throwing to Whitten on almost every down... The Steelers pick up on it and INT on our last down with Whitten triple teamed and T.O. wided the ? open...

T.O. ? ... Ed reported that there were a split in the locker room with T.O vs Whitten, Romo, and Garrett... Then the follow Sunday T.O. goes for 4 TD against San Fran...

I dont know 1 meaningful game that Romo as led us except against our division... SF dont count because that was the second game and they wasnt what they are now... They were showing flashes and we almost lost to them... and on paper we're better than them
  • coop9889
    Options

I honestly would not care if you came up with 500 games. In the games that the Cowboys NEED A BIG PERFORMANCE FROM HIM HE HAS NOT DELIVERED. Giants home playoff game, Vikings playoff game, game against the Eagles in which the winner made the playoffs (basically a playoff game), both games last year against the Eagles and Giants. Notice I did not mention the Seahawks game because I don't count that missed kick ? against him. He put us in a position to win the game and fumbled. I'm talking about no show games. These were not games where Romo killed but the D let us down, these were big games that we needed him to match Eli, match Vick, match Favre with a big time performance but for whatever reason it didn't happen.

Even still, I think Romo is our best chance to win. I'm not lobbying to replace him but you're a fool, straight fool, or you're not watching, if you think he's shown up in big games thus far in his career.

Lmao.

First game against giants: Romo 21-31, 312 yards, 4 TDs (2 in the 4th)
    Outplayed Eli. Lost because of a blocked kick.

Second game against giants: Romo 29-37, 289 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
    Not even a bad game by Romo. If you saw the game, you'd see the defense get destroyed. Eli had 400 yards.

First game against Eagles: Romo 18-35, 203 yards, I TD
    Team was routed, couldnt stop the Eagles offense. Eagles best offensive game all season. Gave up by halftime.

Second game against Eagles
    Romo DIDNT PLAY

Romo DOES match the play of other Qbs WAY MOE OFTEN THAN YOU THINK. It just never gets as much attention as when he makes a mistake. Romo does give big performances often, why do you think he is a statistically top 4 QB?
  • angrymaninc
    Options

First off, my entire post was arguing that romo perfoms better in end of game situations than he's perceived to.

And I used examples from only this year, while you have to resort to his entire career smh... But ok lets go

How can you lose a game in OT by 4 points. Think about that. And romo threw THREE picks in the game. Get ya facts straight lol. Yes, Romo made mistake throughout the game however the defense was EQUALLY to blame, unable to stop the lions passing game and the end of the game.

Yes the pick in which Dez ran the streak instead of the curl route he was supposed to. Easy pick for the best CB in the game. And however, that TD only tied the score. The defense gave up the winning FG.

A bad moment, but has absolutely NOTHING to do with this quarterbacking skill, which is what's being discussed. He wasn't even the normal snapholder at that time, he had to replace an injured player.

Um, this was the entire team getting ? in the ass. Definitely not a Romo thing. Remember, the theme here is you are supposed to be trying to prove Romo sucks in late game situations. Our defense couldn't stop the Vikings and our oline gave up a shitload of sacks and romo was pressured the entire game.

Yet another TEAM drubbing. When you get beat by 30+, its a team thing, not a Qb thing lmao. Once again, nothing to do with performance in the 4th.

Once again, a horrible showing by our defense. Anybody that watched that game watched Newman get burnt 3 times. I'm pretty sure you don't want to comment on this one because Romo went 29 of 37, 289 yards, 2 TDs 1 Int. Good game actually. And this is AFTER he missed the previous game with a hand injury.

OHHHH! So one guy says it it must be true. So when Pippen said Lebrons a better Player than Jordan it MUST be true. ? and get your own opinion lmao.

Out of all your examples, he only performed poorly in 2 examples. The end of Jets game and if you want to count the fumbled snap.

Try again.

you know you right i don't know why i wrote ot i guess my fingers were talking on they own lol

but regardless... only reason why i covered games that went beyond last season was cuz like i said i don't follow the boys on a weekly basis so i haven't seen all the games...

I also agree with the fact that when your team gets decimated the whole team has to bow it's head... however we all know that football is a game of momentum... When you're having a bad day it's up to the leader of the team (qb) to bring the squad out of their funk, he failed to do so in CRUCIAL MOMENTS WHEN THE BOYS WERE IN A MUST WIN SITUATION

fyi i will say it again... i never said he was a bad qb, he is actually better than your avg qb; but ? it in certain key moments this ? choked and no i ain't following what other ppl are saying i've noticed it watching him play throughout the years ( I was amongst the 1st to say it) the only reason i mentioned chris collinsworth is because he is not the type to call someone out like that... and even though i respect him if i thought differently i would have said this dude is off with his analysis
  • angrymaninc
    Options
    im a Cowboys fan and I remember every ? up dude has... Im not talking about the games outsiders know about...

Im talking about games where we were in Pittsburgh and the game was on the line and Romo was throwing to Whitten on almost every down... The Steelers pick up on it and INT on our last down with Whitten triple teamed and T.O. wided the ? open...

T.O. ? ... Ed reported that there were a split in the locker room with T.O vs Whitten, Romo, and Garrett... Then the follow Sunday T.O. goes for 4 TD against San Fran...

I dont know 1 meaningful game that Romo as led us except against our division... SF dont count because that was the second game and they wasnt what they are now... They were showing flashes and we almost lost to them... and on paper we're better than them

That is something else too... i know ppl are saying "it's the cowboys they're supposed to be a legacy" but romo has never led a bad team or even an average team... romo has been known to lead teams that should have led the league at least offensively but again comes crunch time he failed to show
  • coop9889
    Options

you know you right i don't know why i wrote ot i guess my fingers were talking on they own lol

but regardless... only reason why i covered games that went beyond last season was cuz like i said i don't follow the boys on a weekly basis so i haven't seen all the games...

I also agree with the fact that when your team gets decimated the whole team has to bow it's head... however we all know that football is a game of momentum... When you're having a bad day it's up to the leader of the team (qb) to bring the squad out of their funk, he failed to do so in CRUCIAL MOMENTS WHEN THE BOYS WERE IN A MUST WIN SITUATION

fyi i will say it again... i never said he was a bad qb, he is actually better than your avg qb; but ? it in certain key moments this ? choked and no i ain't following what other ppl are saying i've noticed it watching him play throughout the years ( I was amongst the 1st to say it) the only reason i mentioned chris collinsworth is because he is not the type to call someone out like that... and even though i respect him if i thought differently i would have said this dude is off with his analysis

Ok. And no, I would be lying to say he NEVER ? up in the clutch. My only point is that he performs a lot better in late situations than the national media and most fans believe him to.

We'll just agree to disagree
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why is ESPN caping Romo?
    Saying hes top 5? GTFOH...

I dont care about stats...

Romo had his chances and hes playing for Americas Team...

but if Romo is top 5 I would take 6-10 over him...

I mean if you go by stats Romo has been top 5 since his first full year as a starter. People just don't want to admit that because he has had some serious ? ups in crucial situations. Honestly any QB that plays for the Cowboys is automatically considered a failure unless he wins, period.

It's our teams pedigree bro, you don't go from building probably the best dynasty team ever to going a decade and a half without a playoff win. Fact of the matter is look at the history of the team, all the winning seasons, super bowl titles, playoff berths, division crowns. Look at some of the teams we have built, that '06-'07 team could have EASILY won a super bowl, but got steam rolled by a far inferior team. Who are the fans going to blame? Of course the quarterback.

Romo is just like Danny White, honestly. People say he sucks and all that, but in reality he is actually far better than he gets credit for.

that was before the salary cap....the only thing that has come close to a dynasty in the years after the slary cap is new england patriots...you don't think that had something to do with it?.....and no....I'm not a cowboy fan...just so everyone knows
  • will grimey
    Options

Try again.

43ca3b0e6d5d61240f6dbe7ab9553b15.gif

a8c839ed0aa78573b4ad54086f3e6ae7.gif