Comments

• dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »
    Why is ESPN caping Romo?
    Saying hes top 5? GTFOH...

I dont care about stats...

Romo had his chances and hes playing for Americas Team...

but if Romo is top 5 I would take 6-10 over him...

I mean if you go by stats Romo has been top 5 since his first full year as a starter. People just don't want to admit that because he has had some serious ? ups in crucial situations. Honestly any QB that plays for the Cowboys is automatically considered a failure unless he wins, period.

It's our teams pedigree bro, you don't go from building probably the best dynasty team ever to going a decade and a half without a playoff win. Fact of the matter is look at the history of the team, all the winning seasons, super bowl titles, playoff berths, division crowns. Look at some of the teams we have built, that '06-'07 team could have EASILY won a super bowl, but got steam rolled by a far inferior team. Who are the fans going to blame? Of course the quarterback.

Romo is just like Danny White, honestly. People say he sucks and all that, but in reality he is actually far better than he gets credit for.

that was before the salary cap....the only thing that has come close to a dynasty in the years after the slary cap is new england patriots...you don't think that had something to do with it?.....and no....I'm not a cowboy fan...just so everyone knows

Ok but that still doesn't change the fact we have had some stacked teams since then and have all together done absolutely nothing with them. I'm sure the salary cap had something to do with it, but still there is a lot of blame to throw around for our recent short comings not just on Romo though.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Romo deserves blame he dropped the fg snap, He threw picks in the playoffs, He makes bone headed plays with leads...
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [quote="themadlionsfan;4476564
    that was before the salary cap....the only thing that has come close to a dynasty in the years after the slary cap is new england patriots...you don't think that had something to do with it?.....and no....I'm not a cowboy fan...just so everyone knows[/quote]

What was the point of this response?
  • angrymaninc
    angrymaninc Members Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »

you know you right i don't know why i wrote ot i guess my fingers were talking on they own lol

but regardless... only reason why i covered games that went beyond last season was cuz like i said i don't follow the boys on a weekly basis so i haven't seen all the games...

I also agree with the fact that when your team gets decimated the whole team has to bow it's head... however we all know that football is a game of momentum... When you're having a bad day it's up to the leader of the team (qb) to bring the squad out of their funk, he failed to do so in CRUCIAL MOMENTS WHEN THE BOYS WERE IN A MUST WIN SITUATION

fyi i will say it again... i never said he was a bad qb, he is actually better than your avg qb; but ? it in certain key moments this ? choked and no i ain't following what other ppl are saying i've noticed it watching him play throughout the years ( I was amongst the 1st to say it) the only reason i mentioned chris collinsworth is because he is not the type to call someone out like that... and even though i respect him if i thought differently i would have said this dude is off with his analysis

Ok. And no, I would be lying to say he NEVER ? up in the clutch. My only point is that he performs a lot better in late situations than the national media and most fans believe him to.

We'll just agree to disagree

you know what's messed up is that actually wish he would prove me and the media wrong... like i said i don't follow every cowboys game but i do like the team and i do think he is a very good above average qb he just disappointed me in games where i wanted him to shine
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In the last 4 games against the giants Romo has thrown 10TDs 1int.... In the last 4 games Eli has thrown 11 TDs 6 int... Romo lost all 4.... Eli is on a better team.

Every Qb throws int but to blame Romo for the Jets game when they had a punt returmed for a Td and the fact that Romo fumbled the ball on the 1 yd line and Dallas D let Sanchez go 99 yds down the field shows you guys are dumb as ? and ocerrate Romos ints bc Eli threw 22 Romo only threw 10
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    Notice how no one says anything bad about Brady throwing 5 picks in a game against Buffalo but people will go Crazy over Romo throwing a pick to a probowler in Darelle Revis...
  • angrymaninc
    Options
    Notice how no one says anything bad about Brady throwing 5 picks in a game against Buffalo but people will go Crazy over Romo throwing a pick to a probowler in Darelle Revis...

? BRADY!!!!!!
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eli did not throw 22 INTs last season...wtf is that cornball getting his info from???
  • angrymaninc
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Eli did not throw 22 INTs last season...wtf is that cornball getting his info from???

Last 4 games would cover more than last season
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    Guess whats funny is people say stats are for losers yets wins and losses is a stat its a ? TEAM STAT... tony Romo is clearly a better Qb than Eli but ? tends to roll Elis way Romo has the higest Qb rating ever in a loss. The guy lost to the giants onve by throwing 4 TDs 0 int and he lost another game against the Giants throwing 400 yds and 3tds 0int... Romo has lost his last 4 games against the giants throwing 10tds 1int just think about how ? ridiculous that is.

Football is the Ulimate team sport and Romo has to deal with.

1. A coah that knows nothing about time management.

2. No 1000 yd Receiver and Dez who doesnt know the playbook.

3. A ? offensive line that forces him to make plays.

4. A ? defense.

Let me make one more statement.... If Eli throws 1td 2int does his team have a chance to win? Id say Yea Qbs do win gms where they play bad...

If Romo threw 1td 2int does his team have a chance to win? No bc his team sucks...
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    In the last 4 games against the giants Romo has thrown 10TDs 1int.... In the last 4 games Eli has thrown 11 TDs 6 int... Romo lost all 4.... Eli is on a better team.

Every Qb throws int but to blame Romo for the Jets game when they had a punt returmed for a Td and the fact that Romo fumbled the ball on the 1 yd line and Dallas D let Sanchez go 99 yds down the field shows you guys are dumb as ? and overate Romos ints bc Eli threw 16 Romo only threw 10

Had to fix those points of your argument. It is true though Romo by the numbers ? on Eli manning 9 times out of 8, Eli lives off the fact the defensive line for the giants is like having the ? Avengers on the line, and the fact that somehow he always manages to get the job done in the clutch.
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Romo is an above average quarterback with pretty good stats, but ? up in crunch time plain and simple....stop making excuses
  • nujerz84
    edited June 2012
    Options
    SO I guess the Giants having perhaps the worst running game because they couldnt run block NFL last season means they have a great O line....

Never mind for years under Tony Romo the Cowboys always seem to have multiple players named to the pro bowl.

Or the fact he had Jason Witten and TO in his prime to pad his stats and still didnt win.

Eli had a 2 undrafted free agent rookies and turned one into a star and the other in to an above average TE.

Same goes for the Dallas Cowboys defensive players as well...Or are you admitting what the whole country been saying for years that aside from a couple players they only make the Pro Bowl due to the star on there helmet...
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    SO I guess the Giants having perhaps the worst running game because they couldnt run block NFL last season means they have a great O line....

Never mind for years under Tony Romo the Cowboys always seem to have multiple players named to the pro bowl.

Same goes for the Dallas Cowboys defensive players as well...Or are you admitting what the whole country been saying for years that aside from a couple players they only make the Pro Bowl due to the star on there helmet...

Ok and what is the point you are trying to make? Demarcus Ware, Jason Witten, and Miles Austin(when healthy) are definitely pro bowlers. I'll give you Jay Ratliff or Andre Gurode not being pro bowlers though they do get by more so on reputation.

@Ibex - I don't make any excuses for him, if he is to blame he's gonna get blamed in my book. Still at the end of the day he is the quarterback for my team and I'm gonna stick by him. When everyone was ripping Eli Manning a new ? the last few seasons for being inconsistent, none of the Giants fans jumped ship on him. For some reason though if you do the same with Romo people look at you like you're ? ? or something.
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    The probowl is ? dumb Brandon Carr has nevrr been to the probowl and everyone know hes better than Mike.Jenkins
  • nujerz84
    Options

Ok and what is the point you are trying to make? Demarcus Ware, Jason Witten, and Miles Austin(when healthy) are definitely pro bowlers. I'll give you Jay Ratliff or Andre Gurode not being pro bowlers though they do get by more so on reputation.

@Ibex - I don't make any excuses for him, if he is to blame he's gonna get blamed in my book. Still at the end of the day he is the quarterback for my team and I'm gonna stick by him. When everyone was ripping Eli Manning a new ? the last few seasons for being inconsistent, none of the Giants fans jumped ship on him. For some reason though if you do the same with Romo people look at you like you're ? ? or something.

He was already a Superbowl MVP..and still proved to get it done in crunch time even he was having ? games overall..I take that then a guy for three and ahalf qtrs lights it up but come down the stretch for whatever excuse you want to make fails.
  • angrymaninc
    Options

That's not true... it was the NY media that was ripping manning and coughlin to shreds 1st before anyone else
  • nujerz84
    Options

That's not true... it was the NY media that was ripping manning and coughlin to shreds 1st before anyone else

^^^ This also true.
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    Eli is not clutch hes lucky Ive stated it over and over on how all his ints tend to get dropped theres vids on youtube. That ? Tyree throw is a pick 9 out of 10 times.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    edited June 2012
    Options
    @BlackxChild - Man Mike Jenkins sucks so bad, I can't wait until we drop his ass during this upcoming season I know it's coming.

@Nujerz84 - Fact of the matter is most of the time Romo just lights up the game, but people let one or two mistakes(which pretty much every QB has made at some point in their career) cloud their entire judgement of Romo. I'm not saying proclaim him the best ever; just give the man a fair shake that's all. BlackxChild is right though, I'll admit it as a Cowboys fan, on a whole our team really sucked these last two seasons. The fact that we still managed to go 8-8 last year was BECAUSE of Romo not the rest of the team.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If Flacco is the reason the Ravens can't make it then Romo has to be the reason why the Boys can't even make it to the play offs. Joe has more wins and play offs wins than Romo,but people stat throwing shade at him.
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    Truth is the one Qb whose stats are a lie is Drew Brees hisvstats are truly overblown thanks to the system that he plays in.

Before Brees came to the Saints he was having seasons where he was throwing more ints than TDs. Brees plays in a system where they dont run the ball and he generally throws to the flats on easy high percentage throws to Darren Sproles who will take a throw behind the line of scrimmage 20 yds. Brees stats are a pure lie. Tony Romo and Tom Brady are 2 of the best Qbs who dont benefit from a spread or west coast offense style offense.
  • angrymaninc
    Options
    @BlackxChild - Man Mike Jenkins sucks so bad, I can't wait until we drop his ass during this upcoming season I know it's coming.

@Nujerz84 - Fact of the matter is most of the time Romo just lights up the game, but people let one or two mistakes(which pretty much every QB has made at some point in their career) cloud their entire judgement of Romo. I'm not saying proclaim him the best ever; just give the man a fair shake that's all. BlackxChild is right though, I'll admit it as a Cowboys fan, on a whole our team really sucked these last two seasons. The fact that we still managed to go 8-8 last year was BECAUSE of Romo not the rest of the team.

I'll give you the last 2 seasons cuz the years before the boys were not a bad team at all... and you're right romo is an above avg qb save for one or 2 mistakes... the problem is romo seems to commit those mistakes at the most inopportune times that's why we tend to come down on him
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    Eli makes these mistakes more than Romo theres a reason the Giants barely make the playoffs every year.

By the way there is NOTHIN SPECIAL ABOUT THE FINAL DRIVE IN A GAME!!! Its actually the easiest drive to go down the field because your given space to.drive down the field because of the prevent defenses and these ? cover 4 zone plays.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    If Flacco is the reason the Ravens can't make it then Romo has to be the reason why the Boys can't even make it to the play offs. Joe has more wins and play offs wins than Romo,but people stat throwing shade at him.

Flacco only has more wins than Romo if you count the playoffs as well. He also has more appearances in the playoffs than Romo, because of that defense he has that can put up three touchdowns a game(IE: Jets game) and it was probably more than that I just can't remember exactly.