90's are Coming back...

Options
Gen. Stasia
Gen. Stasia Members Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in The Reason
Have yall ever Heard of these dudes? They from Detroit. Kinda Remind me of De La Soul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWKLuwR_bFw

Comments

• BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no, they are not
    they will never come back
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You know they aint comin back.
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KINGEC wrote: »
    You know they aint comin back.

^^^^^

U know the 90s ain't coming back (Even tho I wish it could)
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    90s are not coming back. but music works in cycles
  • Gen. Stasia
    Options
    I think they are coming back and the only ppl who cant see it is ppl who are stuck in the 90's and ppl who hate the 90's or hate ppl who are stuck in the 90's

That video has 300k views... The 90's are coming back
  • CJVisuals
    CJVisuals Members Posts: 350
    Options
    The surface style of the 90's is already back, especially in NY amongst the younger kids.
  • Gen. Stasia
    Options
    CJVisuals wrote: »
    The surface style of the 90's is already back, especially in NY amongst the younger kids.

Yea the younger Generation in NY seem like a Scene out of Juice and it dont look like its trendy like the "Retro Kids" and the whole 80's thing. And alot of African inspired stuff is coming back.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the 90s are not coming back
    there may be some muhfuckas who will remind you of so and so
    but that's all they will do....remind you
    they won't be so and so
    they're movement won't be the same as so and so's
    they won't have the same originality as so and so
    people keep sayin this is coming back and that is coming back
    some ? who SOUND like de la soul ain't gon make it so
    now some ? who have an organic original sound and image like de la soul did when they came out is more of the 90s coming back than just some ? who listened to a bunch of their albums trying to pattern themselves after them is
  • Gen. Stasia
    Options
    the 90s are not coming back
    there may be some muhfuckas who will remind you of so and so
    but that's all they will do....remind you
    they won't be so and so
    they're movement won't be the same as so and so's
    they won't have the same originality as so and so
    people keep sayin this is coming back and that is coming back
    some ? who SOUND like de la soul ain't gon make it so
    now some ? who have an organic original sound and image like de la soul did when they came out is more of the 90s coming back than just some ? who listened to a bunch of their albums trying to pattern themselves after them is

They dont SOUND like De La Soul they remind me of them just how their Group is structured. And it dont look like they are trying to be like De La Soul. Its way more natural. And people will be compared to other ppl until time stops but that dont mean they are gonna be like them because they have that song then they have this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWirHdqZz4M&feature=channel&list=UL

Which is something De La Soul Wouldnt do. Open ya Mind.. the 90's are coming back weather ppl like it or not
  • w0rd up s0n
    w0rd up s0n Members Posts: 27
    Options
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People should stop tryna bring ? back and start trying to actually make something new and good. If I want 90s rap, I'll listen to 90s rappers, it ain't like a 00s rapper is gonna do it better than them...
  • Gen. Stasia
    Options
    Will_89 wrote: »
    People should stop tryna bring ? back and start trying to actually make something new and good. If I want 90s rap, I'll listen to 90s rappers, it ain't like a 00s rapper is gonna do it better than them...

I dont mean the Music i mean the Feel.... And thats what most want is the Feel not really the Music even tho the Music is GOAT but that natural organic i can hear a lil bit of everything Feel. And the younger generation is doing that.
  • Beware
    Beware Members Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭
    Options
    yes the 90's are coming back... in exactly 78 years...
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can see why you would say that they had a nice flow which was reminiscent of the 90's but I won't compare them to De La maybe The Alcoholics either way I'm going to check out some more of their music I dug it.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    nah, ion see it, i listen to some of the beats ross get on, or some of krizzle's production, and its a good feel, but i wouldnt say its quite like the 90's
  • Gen. Stasia
    Options
    If that's all u listen to of course ur not gonna have that feel
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    i listen to a lot of things, none of which comes close to a 90s feel, which in some ways is a great thing.
  • Gen. Stasia
    Options
    What's wrong with the 90s feel?
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    It´s influenced by the 90´s but these new ? popping up like joe bad$$$ are way more inteligent then them 90´s kids.How do I know that....Well I lived through the 90´s and them little ? are way better than them.But it´s deffinetly a good feel and lets not compare and lets just enjoy the music.GOOD MUSIC IS GOOD MUSIC.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited June 2012
    Options
    What's wrong with the 90s feel?
    nothing is wrong for the most part, but there are cons, and this song in op is an example, it sounds dated as hell, im cool with having something that may be original but still reminds u of that time, for example, curren$y-prioritize reminded me of some tribe called quest, o.p. sound str8 outta 1993 tho
  • Gen. Stasia
    Options
    I don't think the song sound dated and did u listen to the second video I posted?
  • Gen. Stasia
    Options
    Well third Worlds Fair is dope. And I like the fact I can listen to this then turn on Asap Rocky or Ab Soul without a glitch. That's another reason I say its like the 90s more variety
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    yes, sounds a lil less dated, its str8 tho
  • SlickestR
    SlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    ? don't wanna listen...

just like everything else, there's gonna be a repeat of what happened years ago..

I agree with @Gen.Stasia to a degree... because it won't be the exactly how everything in the 90's was...

there's no way you can replicate an any era to that level, But as far as the music and the retro sounds that

are starting to creep back in... there's gonna be a turn of events... I can't believe you ? ain't seeing that.

are you guys that stuck on hanging to your precious 90's era that you don't wanna leave it where it needs to be?

in the past...