90's are Coming back...

Options
2»

Comments

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That ? was dope, but 90's will never be touched.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Good drop gen them cats can spit.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No the 90s are not coming back. It is 2012, so any music made and put out in 2012 is 2012 and not no damn 90s. Therefore if the music good, then 2012 is just a great year for music. It has nothing to do with the 90s. That's why a lot of these dudes can't get nowhere as it is. Ya'll listen to they music looking for a 90s sound
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they are cool...
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought this was common knowledge. Everything in life has a cycle. Right now, these kids rocking that 80's ? . Time for something different.............the next decade.

who is that in your sig bruh
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    ? ? dressing like white boys from 87 and skateboarding so I'm sure the 90's will come back fashion wise but musically it isn't going to happen b/c the audience isn't the same

music is never ever going back to be geared soley for inner city black youth and that was the basis behind the 90's music

doesn't mean good music won't be made it just won't be like music from the 90's society has changed and he music is a reflection of society.
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only way stuff like this is going to pop off in mainstream is if it becomes the pop culture or popular in middle America at least I would think. It's only popular on the internet right now and I imagine maybe in select regions outside the internet
  • InvertedTriangle
    InvertedTriangle Members Posts: 3
    Options
    that's kind of a loaded statement. when people start to miss a certain era they'll look for its best qualities and try to reintegrate them. the 90s aren't "coming back" but they're definitely missed. hence elements of 90s music are returning, then they'll die out again and reappear.
  • biga415
    biga415 Members Posts: 1
    Options
    hey can yall help me out how do you post a thread on here?
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cant see the vid. Is this the Regiment?
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why do yall wanna re-live old ? so bad, the nineties are gone for a reason yall

Nice rappers, but that one kids glasses look stupid as ? ... On that trying too hard to be cool tip
  • Gen. Stasia
    Gen. Stasia Members Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only way stuff like this is going to pop off in mainstream is if it becomes the pop culture or popular in middle America at least I would think. It's only popular on the internet right now and I imagine maybe in select regions outside the internet

I think this is how this time around is going to be BETTER than the 90's. The mainstream dont matter at all. The fact that i havent even heard of these dudes but they have 300k+ views on youtube says alot about where music is going. Mainstream is truly a None factor in 2012. You can put out to a audience that finds you and they will be dedicated. Just reading their comments alot of them are asking where can they PURCHASE the music. They may not be able to do Stadiums but they will be able to do shows and live out they dreams that way.

• Gen. Stasia
    Options
    And i think i shoulda made the premise of this thread Clearer. I Repeat. I'm not sayin the MUSIC im sayin the FEEL.
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you they ? was dope and props on that worlds fair drop,waiting on them to drop some ? .
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mainstream media might not be necessary when it comes to being able to make a lil money being there's a global market online, but mainstream media can still work wonders when it comes to helping establish credibility. which breeds longer money.=)
  • Gen. Stasia
    Options
    mainstream media might not be necessary when it comes to being able to make a lil money being there's a global market online, but mainstream media can still work wonders when it comes to helping establish credibility. which breeds longer money.=)

Longer Money? Not Really. Most Mainstream Artist are broke. Because when u mainstream your persona that u have to keep up is wayyyy more expensive. And plus all different types of Labels/Management etc be in your pockets.

Mainstream Money is like Lottery Money in a certain aspect really depends who gets it and majority of time ppl who get it blow it.

Indie money is like a Salary it may not be a whole lot but if your doing your job correctly you can Live off that and not live in the aspect of buying mad cars, jewels, houses etc but live in the fact Make music u love to make while being able to travel the world.

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nowadays mainstream rappers are not really broke. That's an overstatement
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CJ wrote: »
    I thought this was common knowledge. Everything in life has a cycle. Right now, these kids rocking that 80's ? . Time for something different.............the next decade.

who is that in your sig bruh

that's Scarlett, ?

good drop t/s, these ? are dope, definitely gonna check out their ?
  • Gen. Stasia
    Options
    Nowadays mainstream rappers are not really broke. That's an overstatement

They not as rich as they make it appear. When u get money your cost of living goes up but what happens when the Buzz is gone but u still wanna live like u did when you was on top of the game? Which happens majority of the times

But hey its only like what 8 real Mainstream Artist so u might be right.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah that's what I was thinking, there are really only a couple mainstream rappers, and most of them have side hustle or were indie rappers. So overall I think I would be good to assume these new new guys (wale, drake, cole etc) have their money right for most part
  • Gen. Stasia
    Options
    Yeah that's what I was thinking, there are really only a couple mainstream rappers, and most of them have side hustle or were indie rappers. So overall I think I would be good to assume these new new guys (wale, drake, cole etc) have their money right for most part

Yea thats true but like i said that like Hitting the Lottery. So i think Indie is going to be the way to go. Plus being indie is hard as hell so that will weed out all those who really dont take Rap serious.
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i dont want tha 90s back. i jus want these rappers to start treatin' this rap ? like a art form again..
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^ and the classic songs like " back dat ass up" " tootsie roll" "2 legit 2 quit" was "art?"
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    loved the 90s. very nostalgic. but they'll never come back. i don't know if i would even want the 90s to come back. things must move on
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Lol @ 90's coming back

300k views? Well damn, look out for these guys