New Discovery, our origin is in Asia not Africa

Options
13»

Comments

• perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Someone explain the relavence... The continents used to be conncted. Orgin of our species is trivial and truly non important. I mean really, they are saying when "we" were monkeys. Ok then what about before we were monkeys and before that. Who cares they will never know for sure. Science is becoming just a bunch of people with ocd who get paid for research.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Our ancestor was traced back via mitochondrial DNA. We're traced back to one female who was found in Ethiopia. Its more about blood & science than location and geography. SO...yeah.
  • ThrillerALi
    ThrillerALi Members Posts: 18
    Options
    Everybody is worried about the origin of man, but what about the ending? The violence amongst people and nations is never ending. Will understanding our beginnings really change anything anyway? What's the point? We will always be in denial of the truth, whatever it is....
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    Our ancestor was traced back via mitochondrial DNA. We're traced back to one female who was found in Ethiopia. Its more about blood & science than location and geography. SO...yeah.

Pretty much. I barely read this thread, I know what 99% of scientists say
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its going to keep switching when they find even older bones and so on and so on.
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    edited September 2012
    Options
    all this stupid ass article is saying is that their ? keep discovering that civilization is much older than they think. all they are doing is exposing themselves because either way we know when greece was founded and that makes white ppl far less ancient than all the other cultures

and smh at those in here talking some elijah muhammed ? ... islam isnt even older than christianity lol

the oldest writings etc are from the nile valley in africa. no matter what you look to, your religion or culture will point back to the nile valley

all non africans have neanderthal dna
    no pure africans have any neanderthal dna

there are only two species in existence.... they are what you today call blacks and whites

all that arab, chinese, latino, "native" american etc etc are nothing more than hybrids of these two species

non africans can be trace back to homosapiens (pretty much monkeys)
    pure africans have yet to be traced back to any thing on this planet (which is why the dogon, kush, and kemet cultures always point back to the the star system orion)

the reason for this is because civilization is much older than "scientists" or the vatican is willing to accept or admit.
    europeans or whites are a genetically altered species which is why they cant find "the missing link" between them and cavemen and is also why you always find them searching all over the planet for their origins, but you never see africans doing this.
    scientists and religious scholars refuse to accept that africans or blacks are the original inhabitants of this planet and that whites or europeans were in fact a creation of these original inhabitants. check the ancient sumerian tablets for this story

read it and weep ... national geographic lied to you
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options

there are only two species in existence.... they are what you today call blacks and whites

all that arab, chinese, latino, "native" american etc etc are nothing more than hybrids of these two species

pure africans have yet to be traced back to any thing on this planet (which is why the dogon, kush, and kemet cultures always point back to the the star system orion)

that's all very interesting to me, but it still doesn't sound right or credible to me. Care to drop some sources? I'm just curious.
    the reason for this is because civilization is much older than "scientists" or the vatican is willing to accept or admit.

this I can believe

europeans or whites are a genetically altered species which is why they cant find "the missing link" between them and cavemen and is also why you always find them searching all over the planet for their origins, but you never see africans doing this.

are you saying that there are no black archaeologists or anthropologists?
    scientists and religious scholars refuse to accept that africans or blacks are the original inhabitants of this planet and that whites or europeans were in fact a creation of these original inhabitants.

Yes, I think it's not surprising that many people don't believe that whites were "invented" by blacks, but I thought that many scientists and others already believe that Africa (or somewhere very close to Africa) is the cradle of civilization, and therefore the first "humans" were "Africans."

But I think you're giving white folks special treatment. They're no a separate species, that's crae. There's only 1 species like us and that's just Humanoid.

^^ this is more along the lines of what I believe
  • proboscisjoe
    proboscisjoe Members Posts: 78 ✭✭
    Options

Wrong.

Wrong.

So ? wrong it's disgusting.

My dude connex is either trolling mad hard right now, or he's so ignorant as to warrant a prison sentence.

Let me drop some knowledge on you bro...

As sourced from The Smithsonian Institute's Human Origins Project:

"Neanderthals have contributed approximately 1% to 4% to the genomes of non-African modern humans. This evidence of interbreeding sheds light on how we think of the expansion of modern humans out of Africa. It refutes the strictest scenario in which anatomically modern humans replaced archaic hominins completely without any interbreeding. However, even with some interbreeding between moderns and archaic hominins, most of our genome still derives from Africa."

...as in 96-99%.

Now, I'm not saying that these dudes in white lab coats know everything. They just know a ? load more than you or me. This is why I love science. Everyone recognizes and acknowledges that, at best, our understanding of the earth's history and how the work works depends on what we can prove (facts) and the best predictions that we can make based on that.

What's presented in the link above are facts.
  • proboscisjoe
    proboscisjoe Members Posts: 78 ✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Follow-up (more knowledge):

"Early studies of human diversity showed that most genetic diversity was found between individuals rather than between populations or continents and that variation in human diversity is best described by geographic gradients... (gradual geographic variations in allele frequencies) that extend over the entire world. Therefore, there is no reason to assume that major genetic discontinuities exist between peoples on different continents or "races." The authors of the 2004 study say that they ‘see no reason to assume that "races" represent any units of relevance for understanding human genetic history."