I use to think Photshop was the Program for all thing Graphics

The Prodigalson
The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in IllTek
Now I find myself using Illustrator and inDesign more for logo designs and creating flyers. Anyone else out there using them?

Comments

• Trockm
    Trockm Members Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭✭
  • The Prodigalson
    Well you should try it. Photoshop is all pixel based and the other are vector based. Big difference in the quality of your work when printing.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Studied animation at uni...They made us use alla them...for logos and whatever, Illustrator is better...Cuz like you said, is vector based...In the biz we use different programs for different ? ...Photoshop is the most powerful though...Bar none
  • The Prodigalson
    No doubt Photoshop is king when it comes to graphics but for logo and ads anything print worthy would be best done with AI and ID.
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Studied animation at uni...They made us use alla them...for logos and whatever, Illustrator is better...Cuz like you said, is vector based...In the biz we use different programs for different ? ...Photoshop is the most powerful though...Bar none

Yeah I'm learning graphic design right now and I agree with this. The good thing is skills in one Adobe program tend to overlap into other ones.

• powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah, you should have been using illustrator and indesign from the start for that kind of thing. I don't touch photoshop unless I'm touching up things that I already created (vectors, banners, and of course photos). As far as logos, illustrators ability to make vector graphics is second to none. Plus if you know illustrator, it makes learning photoshop much easier.
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    indesign = books
    Illustrator = vector
    photoshop = graphics
    dreamweaver = web ?
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had experience wit the whole adobe suite in college. Everything they've said is right on point, indesign was a ? for me though I hated indesign & I kinda hated dreamweaver too even though that was a whole lot easier than just hand coding ? . We learned how to design the web layout in photoshop and then make it into a live web page with dreamweaver which was pretty tight. When it comes to the Adobe Suite, photoshop is boss.. you can do pretty much anything in photoshop and then export it into the other programs by just the click of a button. Even the video editing ?
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    I use all of them.

....louis rich basically broke it down.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I learned In-Design & Illustrator a bit in college. But I havent used them since, I really need to rehash those skills. Alot of places look for designers to be really good with all 3 programs. Bout to cop me an In-Design & Illustrator for Dummies.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man I've been checking out some of the fanmade covers dudes make with these programs and it has me wanting to dabble in this a bit.
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did this in photoshop.. its a lot of boss ass tutorials on youtube that you can use to craft your skills.
    2q9xkxh.jpg

I think that would look a lot better if done in illustrator though. ^