the official ask lostsamuraisotaku a question about the quran thread

lostsamuraisotaku
lostsamuraisotaku Members Posts: 807 ✭✭
edited June 2012 in R & R (Religion and Race)
bismillah ar rahman ir rahim la ilaha il alaah muhammadan rasul alaah

ask me any question about the quran or post your comments about the quran

:)

Comments

• Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do Muslims claim that Muhammad couldn't write or read (insinuating that for this reason, Allah could be the only author responsible) when everyone understands that the Quran was passed down ? from Muhammad and was not written down until after his death by followers who remembered the lessons?
  • lostsamuraisotaku
    salam u alykum wa ramatulahi wa barakatuhu

the short answer ( iwill answer this a second time later) is that the quran of the prophet ( s.a.w ) is not the quran you read today the ayatollah's still have the hidden quran hidden amongst the wise men the quran you see today was written by the companion uthman by in which the other companions by in large rejected (for a number of reasons)
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back from your incarceration brother.....

Any mention of cannabis in the Qur'an?
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got 2 questions. And by no means is this an attack of any kind. Just questions.

1. If Muhammad was truly a man ? , then why was he married to a child ( Aisha) when she 6 years old and consummated the marriage when she was 9?

2. Why is slavery and sex slavery allowed?

There are some other questions I have, but these were the first off the top of my head

Peace
  • lostsamuraisotaku
    edited July 2012
    sobek wrote: »
    I got 2 questions. And by no means is this an attack of any kind. Just questions.

1. If Muhammad was truly a man ? , then why was he married to a child ( Aisha) when she 6 years old and consummated the marriage when she was 9?

2. Why is slavery and sex slavery allowed?

There are some other questions I have, but these were the first off the top of my head

Peace

bismillah ar rahman ir rahim asalam u alykum wa ramatulahi wa barakatuhu

you said : If Muhammad was truly a man ? , then why was he married to a child ( Aisha) when she 6 years old and consummated the marriage when she was 9?

i debunked this before ^ aisha is described as a bikr (a young women )the idea that she was six stems from a inauthentic hadith read more here
    http://blackarabia.blogspot.com/2011/08/was-aisha-? -abu-bakr-six-year-old.html

you said Why is slavery and sex slavery allowed

it worked for the 6th century its hard to understand with 21st century ideas being born in a time of peace

insha this helps
  • lostsamuraisotaku
    edited July 2012
    bambu wrote: »

smoking and devouring strong drink is makrooh according to the sunnah
    "Khamr" is what befogs the mind
    The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “Every intoxicant is prohibited.” Sahih al-Bukhari, no. 4088)

And he (Allah bless him & give him peace) also said:

“That which intoxicates in large quantities is prohibited in small quantities.” (Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah, and others, with a sound chain of narrators)

insha this helps

• bambu
    edited July 2012

The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “Every intoxicant is prohibited.” Sahih al-Bukhari, no. 4088)

“That which intoxicates in large quantities is prohibited in small quantities.” (Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah, and others, with a sound chain of narrators)

insha this helps

Indeed.....

However, the word used in the Koran itself is khamr - which means "fermented grape" - and this classification doesn't cover the use of cannabis....

Islam has generally condemned the use of marijuana; the religion regards the use of any intoxicants as haraam. Sufism (the mystical offshoot of Islam) takes a somewhat different view. This religion believes in knowing ? through ecstatic states of mind, and widespread history of marijuana use has been recorded in Sufi culture over the centuries. Indeed, in one Persian folk tale, the founder of Sufism, a monk called Haydar, was the first Persian to discover marijuana. Out walking in the midst of a depressed mood, he came across the marijuana plant and ate several of its leaves. Finding his mood immediately and dramatically improved, he returned to the monastery and recommended that his brother monks should try it too!

helal ottur, gunah yoktur

• lostsamuraisotaku
    edited July 2012

insha this helps

Indeed.....

However, the word used in the Koran itself is khamr - which means "fermented grape" - and this classification doesn't cover the use of cannabis....

Islam has generally condemned the use of marijuana; the religion regards the use of any intoxicants as haraam. Sufism (the mystical offshoot of Islam) takes a somewhat different view. This religion believes in knowing ? through ecstatic states of mind, and widespread history of marijuana use has been recorded in Sufi culture over the centuries. Indeed, in one Persian folk tale, the founder of Sufism, a monk called Haydar, was the first Persian to discover marijuana. Out walking in the midst of a depressed mood, he came across the marijuana plant and ate several of its leaves. Finding his mood immediately and dramatically improved, he returned to the monastery and recommended that his brother monks should try it too!

sawrwb
    thanks for sharing , i am shaikh , and sufi i didnt say it was haram i said it was makrooh you asked about quran and sunnah not sufi'ism i said according to sunnah it is makrooh and perhaps even haram insha this helps
  • lostsamuraisotaku

insha this helps

Indeed.....

there is nothing more un islamic than the Persian contribution to islam
  • bambu
    edited July 2012
    ^^^^^ Nonetheless, A major contribution to Islam.....
  • lostsamuraisotaku
    edited July 2012

insha this helps

Indeed.....

you said : the word used in the Koran itself is khamr - which means "fermented grape"

no not true

the word خمر 'Khamr' means 'the thing which covers the head/mind infact the word Khimaar-Khimaar comes from the word khamr, the root meaning of which is to cover.

here is a muslima in khimaar
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQI78eGamW2DBhvrJ-1_M_Xpa4Q8evuzaQ5TUbPWoAOXPfEdJcv2w

insha this helps
  • bambu
    ^^^ Thanks for defining Khimaar...

However....

Khamr (Arab., ‘fermented drink, wine’). Intoxicants forbidden (haram) in Islam. In Qurʾān 5. 90–1/93–4, wine is linked with gambling and divination with arrows as an abominable creation of Satan. Khamr was extended by Muḥammad to include every intoxicant (not just wine), and trading in khamr is forbidden, as is its exchange as a gift. If it was proved that tobacco is always harmful, it would be prohibited; and many Muslims already regard it as in that category. In contrast, 47. 15/16 states that in the Garden are ‘rivers of wine, a joy to those who drink’. But in the Garden, those who are safe are beyond being diverted from their adoration of ? . See also ALCOHOL; OMAR KHAYYAM.

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1O101-Khamr.html
  • lostsamuraisotaku
    edited July 2012

However....

Khamr (Arab., ‘fermented drink, wine’). Intoxicants forbidden (haram) in Islam. In Qurʾān 5. 90–1/93–4, wine is linked with gambling and divination with arrows as an abominable creation of Satan. Khamr was extended by Muḥammad to include every intoxicant (not just wine), and trading in khamr is forbidden, as is its exchange as a gift. If it was proved that tobacco is always harmful, it would be prohibited; and many Muslims already regard it as in that category. In contrast, 47. 15/16 states that in the Garden are ‘rivers of wine, a joy to those who drink’. But in the Garden, those who are safe are beyond being diverted from their adoration of ? . See also ALCOHOL; OMAR KHAYYAM.

Khamr was extended by Muḥammad to include every intoxicant (not just wine)

• bambu
    Even so....Cannabis is not included in that classification..... and just because your prophet included all intoxicants does not change the fact that khamr is fermented grapes,wine....

• lostsamuraisotaku
    Even so....Cannabis is not included in that classification..... and just because your prophet included all intoxicants does not change the fact that khamr is fermented grapes,wine....

brother i just showed you khamr doesent mean fermented grapes it is 'the thing which covers the head/mind not just strong drink
  • bambu

brother i just showed you khamr doesent mean fermented grapes it is 'the thing which covers the head/mind not just strong drink

And I showed you that it does mean fermented grapes...

However....

Regardless... it has little to do with cannabis in Islam
  • lostsamuraisotaku
    edited July 2012

anything that covers the head mind from allah is HARAM !!!
  • lostsamuraisotaku

However....

can you read arabic brother? i can where did you study arabic ?
  • lostsamuraisotaku
    yes head mind also means the heart :)
  • bambu

anything that covers the head mind from allah is HARAM !!!

I understand your prophets understanding of haram....

The debate is about the inclusion of cannabis as Khamr...

However....

can you read arabic brother? i can where did you study arabic ?

No....However, I have mastered English....

• lostsamuraisotaku
    1:33-2:09 "every thing that intoxicates takes the place of alcohol even if you sniff gasoline and it makes you high it is haram "
  • bambu
    ^^^^ Including cannabis as an "intoxicant" is nonsensical
  • lostsamuraisotaku
    ^^^^ Including cannabis as an "intoxicant" is nonsensical

brother it is intoxicant and you know it
  • lostsamuraisotaku
    however i am not wahabi i am sufi

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there. When the soul lies down in that grass, the world is too full to talk about". - rumi radi allahu anhu
This discussion has been closed.