My top 25 Tag Teams of all Time

13»

Comments

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Yes Faces of Fear i would over the nasty Boys, other than that this is pretty much a perfect list. Great job once again Genocide.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    I swapped out The natural Disaters with the Wild Samoans
    Honorable Mention:
    The Natural Disasters
    wwe-naturaldisasters_display_image.jpg?1297469722
    Another great big man tag team form the early 90's. The precursor for the formation of the Natural Disasters happened on a June 1991 episode of WWF Superstars of Wrestling when Jimmy Hart announced he had signed André the Giant to form a tag team with Earthquake. When asked by interviewer Gene Okerlund to confirm, André denied the claims, leaving Hart angry and humiliated.The Natural Disasters faced the Bushwhackers, with André in their corner, at the 1991 SummerSlam pay-per-view, whom they made very short work of. After destroying the Bushwhackers, the Disasters targeted André, but the assault was stopped by the Legion of Doom who ran off the Natural Disasters and kicked off the Legion of Doom / Natural Disasters feud. Later in the night the Legion of Doom would go on to win the WWF World Tag Team titles from the Nasty Boys, which meant that the Natural Disasters became first in line to get a shot at the new champions. Their time on top would not last very long and in 1993 Earthquake would leave(He would return in 1998 and join the oddities). They would both compete in the gimmick battle royal at wrestlemania 17. Today Typhoon is little coach while Earthquake died of cancer.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbeS8m9tnJM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCX49znA_m4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joGsf2mprAc
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seeing the New Age Outlaws in the top 10 threw me off.....but you said "My" top 25 tag team so it's whatever...
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sion. wrote: »
    Well put together Genocide, but real talk tho I think you shoulda had Owen Hart and the British Bulldog on there, that was one of the most slept on tag teams ever LOLOL. The only gripe I had tho was that the New Age Outlaws were ahead of the Dudleys, Hardyz and E&C , now don't get me wrong they were good - amazing on the mic too but iuno bout them being placed above them cats LOLOL. It's all good tho fam you put together an incredible list and props for posting up vids of some the best matches too.

Owen Hart and Yokozuna were pretty dominant too
  • mr.jamrock
    mr.jamrock Members Posts: 435 ✭✭✭
    I would have put Harlem heat in the top 10. But great list none the less
  • genocidecutter
    mr.jamrock wrote: »
    I would have put Harlem heat in the top 10. But great list none the less

Thank you
  • genocidecutter
    edited July 2012
    Great to see so many people like this list
  • Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good list. I didnt get Nasty Boys but thats old mark me that used to hate their guts so.

A quick top five of the top of my head:

5 Furnas and Lafon - Dudes had one of the best tag team matches i remember seeing. For good measure Dan Kroffat = Lafon
    http://youtu.be/RY5NDCCoUNs

4 Kings Of Wrestling (Hero & Castagnoli) - Two of the finest workers this side of the millenium. And in and era where tag team wrestling means jack in WWE, these two could be the lifeblood

3 Stan Hansen & Bruiser Brody - Japan have always had a thing for rough and tough americans. And they didn't get tougher than these two. They spent a better half of a decade beating the ish out of Japan. If Brody hadn't been killed they would have done even more

2 Davey Richards & Super Dragon - PWG have had many stellar combos over the years. But this one is still one of the best

1 New Age Outlaws - you take two bland as hell midcarders with lousy gimmicks (Rockabilly anyone?) and put them together. It worked. And while niether Road Dogg or Billy Gunn have huge workrates or anything like that, they were solid in what they did.

• MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DAM, I CANT NAME 25.. BUT I GOT THE STEINER BROTHERS @ 1 AND THE ROAD WARRIORS @ 2