Father Beats Man to Death after catching the Man Molesting his Daughter...

Soloman_The_Wise
Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in The Social Lounge

A Texas father has not been arrested and is unlikely to face charges after he beat a man to death for trying to molest his 4-year-old daughter at their rural ranch, authorities said Monday.

Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon said the father, whose name has not been released, said no evidence so far has led investigators to doubt his story.

"There doesn't appear to be any reason other than what he told us," Harmon said.

Harmon described the man as "very remorseful" after the Saturday killing.

"I don't think it was his intent for the man to die," Harmon told the Victoria Advocate. The man's grandfather also said his son was "sorry" and the killing was an "accident."

Harmon said the victim was a 47-year-old man from Gonazles with no apparent prior criminal history. His name continued to be withheld Monday because authorities still hadn't tracked down any of his family.

The victim was an "acquaintance" of the father who had come to help care for some horses, Harmon said. He did not know how long the two men may have known each other. The girl was taken to a hospital to be examined and has since been released, Harmon said.

The father called police late Saturday afternoon and told them he attacked a man caught trying to sexually assault his daughter, Harmon said. The alleged attack happened near a barn where some horses were being kept.

"In the course of trying to get her away from him, and protect her, he struck the subject several times in the head and the subject died," Harmon said.

Harmon said a grand jury will decide what, if any, charges the father will face. No charges have yet been filed.

The victim's body was sent to the Travis County medical examiner for an autopsy.

The ranch near Shiner is about 130 miles east of Houston. Killings are rare in rural Lavaca County: Harmon said his office has only investigated six since in his eight years as sheriff.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/11/texas-father-kills-man-trying-to-sexually-assault-daughter-police-say/#ixzz1xXmrqXq3

Comments

• Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kudos to the justice system for recognizing
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    For the 1st time the Justice system does something right. That perverted child molester got what he deserve
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Father of the year.. thats what all them muthafuckas deserve
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Thank goodness. That's a REAL man.
  • LONDON!
    LONDON! Members Posts: 679 ✭✭✭
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    Thank goodness. That's a REAL man.
    Father of the year.. thats what all them muthafuckas deserve

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Absolutely no problem with this and good to see he hasn't been charged for it
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think that a father would sit idly by and watch another man ? his four year old daughter. Letting this dude live is not up for regardless of whatever the consequences may be. Glad he didn't get charged.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When's the parade for this dude?
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So he killed him with punches?
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When keeping it real goes right.
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    loch121 wrote: »
    So he killed him with punches?
    from what I have read yes...

• it's me bi***es
    it's me bi***es Members Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭
    ? YEA! FOR ONCE TEXAS WON!
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know the full details of this story and it all seems unclear. Even the thread title looks misleading. So I can't really say much. But from the way it looks, dude shouldn't be charged. It was self defense (protection of his daughter) at best and heat of the moment at worst, and if he's telling the truth, then his intentions were not murder. At worst, he should be charged with something minor and put on probation or something.

If his intentions were to ? the guy, then that's another story. We can commend dude for what he did but that's still not justice, and that's not how the law is supposed to work. Man, it's so fortunate to not have the general public run the judicial system. That would basically dwindle down to mob rule.
  • Plutarch
    ? YEA! FOR ONCE TEXAS WON!

too many losses to even matter. but still not worse than florida.
  • Plutarch
    I never really liked the ic's new rating system. Seems very high schoolish to me. But it does tell you who has a problem with your posts. So what's really hood Soloman the Wise?
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad that he took such measures.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic story. Applause
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i was watching HNL...

bruh's father is a spanish-only speaking mexican...they translated his interview
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    edited June 2012
    Plutarch wrote: »
    I never really liked the ic's new rating system. Seems very high schoolish to me. But it does tell you who has a problem with your posts. So what's really hood Soloman the Wise?
    I thought your responses were wack plain and simple as the reaction put it, the title was to the point and not misleading in the bit dude had every right to defend his daughter even at the expense of the other mans life. In fact it was his duty to remove that predator as a father and decent human being, if not for his daughter for the other victims dude most likely did that to(predators do not just start in old age they generally start as teenagers) and other future victims he would have got. Anyone saying anything in conflict to that point is wack to me... "Shrugs"

• Soloman_The_Wise
    Plutarch wrote: »
    Fair enough?
    I thought your responses were wack plain and simple as the reaction put it, the title was to the point and not misleading in the bit

I only said that your title looked misleading because it said "father beats man to death after catching the man molesting his daughter", but then the article seems to imply twice that the the man attempted (unsuccessfully) to molest the daughter. So I was only confused about that part.
    dude had every right to defend his daughter even at the expense of the other mans life. In fact it was his duty to remove that predator as a father and decent human being, if not for his daughter for the other victims dude most likely did that to(predators do not just start in old age they generally start as teenagers) and other future victims he would have got. Anyone saying anything in conflict to that point is wack to me... "Shrugs"

We all know that the father had every right to protect his daughter. And I've said that in my post. But I have to disagree that the father had every right to end dude's life and that it was his "duty" to do so. I call bs on that for obvious? reasons. Honestly I think that opinion is pretty typical and base.

I also think that we're assuming a lot for a story that we know very little about. It's definitely possible, but not certain that he had previous victims and would have had future victims.

see the deception is in the article wording not my title while he was attempting to sexually molest the child the initial unwanted touching even though non sexual is also molestation its by the grace of all things good he caught him before he got to the sexual part. The police investigated did not arrest because everything he said appears to be true so they handed it over to a grand jury to decide if he was excessive, justified and or accidental with his actions. As a father I say he was justified he I would send money to if he needed help in a legal fund. I do not know if you are a parent or not I hope not if that is how you really feel, but then if you are I would hope you never have to experience this type of scenerio for the sake of your child because it sounds like you would not avenge them...
  • young chad
    young chad Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭
    "Yes he deserved to die, and I hope he burns in hell" *Sam Jackson voice