The Essence Playlist of the Month June 2012

Options
RuffDraft
RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in The Essence
You know what it is, to the regulars… drop your two most played Independent or Underground tracks from the month of June in sendspace links!

I'll compile them all at the end of the month for all to listen to!!! :tu

A reminder for those who are unfamiliar:
RuffDraft wrote:
How it works:

Posters upload their two favourite tracks that they've been playing of late and up them to sendspace.com. The links are then posted here in this thread and at the end of the month, I'll upload them all as one succinct playlist that flows like water. If 10 posters participate, that's a 20 song playlist for us to bump the next month whilst the next playlist of the month is populated. It works well and should make for another great thread :tu The only rule is that the music MUST be from an Independent, Underground or under-the-radar artist, The Roots and similar artists CAN be contributed to the thread, but 50 Cent and other mega superstars are NOT to be included.

Enjoy old Essence Playlist of the Months, Artist of the Month's and Essence Essentials (Playlists created by members), in the Essence Essentials: Mixes Both Old and New + Artist of the Months thread.

Upload those two Independent/Underground tracks that you've been playing this month, let's make another great playlist and find some new artists :tu

Comments

• RuffDraft
    Options
    Apollo Brown and O.C. - Signs

Apollo Brown & O.C. - Anotha One

Had to use SendSpace.com as MediaFire.com now requires a login - shame.
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    oh ? !!!!!! damn i didnt know this was still goin on lol. well i gotta go thru my tracks havent been listening to much latley,only a shitload of K-os and Childish Gambino but yea ill do some research
  • RuffDraft
    Options
    satyrone wrote: »
    oh ? !!!!!! damn i didnt know this was still goin on lol. well i gotta go thru my tracks havent been listening to much latley,only a shitload of K-os and Childish Gambino but yea ill do some research

Props Satyr!!!

Yeah, k-os is incredible!!! Which albums have you been listening to?

• satyrone
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »

Props Satyr!!!

all of them

Exit
    Joyful Rebellion
    Atlantis
    Yes
    and imma get that live album soon too.

• RuffDraft
    Options

Props Satyr!!!

all of them

Exit
    Joyful Rebellion
    Atlantis
    Yes

Damn, I haven't got his live album either. Props. I really liked all of them, think they're all minimum 4/5 but my favourite is Joyful Rebellion!!!
  • satyrone
    Options
    Rhyme Asylum-Life Support
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/ag9vzl

Cheif Kamachi Feat G8ABAK & Vendetta Kingz
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/6tgq5z

Capital SEETZ-Capital STEEZ
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/jtnlin
  • satyrone
    Options

Props Satyr!!!

all of them

Exit
    Joyful Rebellion
    Atlantis
    Yes

Damn, I haven't got his live album either. Props. I really liked all of them, think they're all minimum 4/5 but my favourite is Joyful Rebellion!!!

yea i think Joygul Rebellion and Atlantis are my fav albums but all are dope tho.
  • Fresh NDef
    Fresh NDef Members Posts: 1
    Options
    What I'm on right now :)
    Royce The Choice - Razorr Ramone,,, "Fan" is hands down my favorite track,,,
  • RuffDraft
    Options

Props Satyr!!!

all of them

Exit
    Joyful Rebellion
    Atlantis
    Yes

yea i think Joygul Rebellion and Atlantis are my fav albums but all are dope tho.

Yeah, any news on a new album?

Props @Fresh NDef and @Satyrone for their tracks!! :tu
  • satyrone
    Options

Props Satyr!!!

all of them

Exit
    Joyful Rebellion
    Atlantis
    Yes

Yeah, any news on a new album?

Props @Fresh NDef and @Satyrone for their tracks!! :tu

naw i think the only thing ive read is that hes working on one and i think its called black on blonde or some ? . its on his wiki page. and then i read some were that hes gonna do an acoustic album at some point but that was it. i really wanna here what that album acoustic is gonna be like.
  • stupot0607
    stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll do some diggin when I get home! got a few more days in shanghai then back to geordieland!
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I haven't posted in a while but I've been bumping the Japanese joy 2 mix you made lately. Were you ever gonna make a third?
  • RuffDraft
    Options
    Ishi wrote: »
    I haven't posted in a while but I've been bumping the Japanese joy 2 mix you made lately. Were you ever gonna make a third?

Yeah, there will definitely be a third. It may take a while longer though, I haven't been bumping much new J-Hip Hop recently and I really want to capture people the same way I did with JJ1 & 2. They're my most heavily played playlists to be honest, so when I make the next, I want it to be the 3rd most heavily played playlist. I did say that I might include Nujabes on the third mix, but I do feel that people already know his catalog and therefore I always want to put them on to new 'ish.

To be honest, I've got into classical music a lot and I've been listening to Ludovico Einaudi. So, given that our tastes are very similar, you should check him out! Here's some of my most played recently:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhuGfmoIv_M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB4fO-f33K0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qvglWAHDak

• Ishi
    Options
    Amazing songs i especially liked Primavera. Something so relaxing about it.
  • RuffDraft
    Options

Yeah, the entire album of his is quite flawless really. Genius. I am going to go back and get his entire collection soon (when I can afford it really). Props on checking him out.

What's the latest 'ish you've heard from Japan? Heading to Asia in the summer, can't wait!
  • Ishi
    Options

Yeah, the entire album of his is quite flawless really. Genius. I am going to go back and get his entire collection soon (when I can afford it really). Props on checking him out.

What's the latest 'ish you've heard from Japan? Heading to Asia in the summer, can't wait!

Been listening to alot of Michita,Hidetake Takayama,45 etc.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCT2FpHM6R8

I know November is pretty much over with but if you need tracks for big d i got them waiting for you.
    Where in Asia are you going? Regardless of where it is put us up on some of the hidden gem producers up there.
  • RuffDraft
    Options

I know November is pretty much over with but if you need tracks for big d i got them waiting for you.
    Where in Asia are you going? Regardless of where it is put us up on some of the hidden gem producers up there.

Props, I'll have them if you got them :tu

I'm heading to Taiwan, may stop off in Singapore on the way through. Then hoping to hop over to Hong Kong for a weekend and finally fly back from Japan. It'll be a massive tour though and I don't know if my money will stretch, but I'm hoping to save and see.

Taiwan's a definite though, as I have a friend out there.

You ever been? What hip hop you checked this year?
  • Ishi
    Options

Props, I'll have them if you got them :tu

I'm heading to Taiwan, may stop off in Singapore on the way through. Then hoping to hop over to Hong Kong for a weekend and finally fly back from Japan. It'll be a massive tour though and I don't know if my money will stretch, but I'm hoping to save and see.

Taiwan's a definite though, as I have a friend out there.

You ever been? What hip hop you checked this year?

Nice man enjoy that trip take it all in.. Never been outside of the states but i'm hoping sometime within my first enlistment I will get to see japan etc.