Superman vs Hulk - The Fight (videos)

Options
2»

Comments

• Grahf
    Grahf Members Posts: 344 ✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Also peeps use the word infinite to describe the hulk's strength or a character's power. Like if Hulk gets mad enough, he's going to bench press Eternity or one-shot Oblivion lol. There are different levels of infinity you know. Here's a good explanation from two very uber-powerful Marvel characters, Kosmos and Kubik, about this...

kkht2-1.jpg
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited June 2012
    Options
    well there ya have it..

Waits for someone to come in and try to flip what the writers think
  • Doctopian
    Doctopian Members Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    well there ya have it..

Waits for someone to come in and try to flip what the writers think

You can't really flip it. Despite Hulk receiving quite a push since that article was published, Superman has too many options at his disposal to lose to Hulk more than 3/10 fights. That said, Superman isn't written as being competent enough to finish off Hulk the way Jurgens described (Hell, he didn't write him being that efficient with his powerset), and that ? from the Wizard writers is masturbatory fan fiction.
  • Grahf
    edited July 2012
    Options
    This is Superman's battle to lose. Though I wouldn't be surprised if modern Supes loses a few to Worldbreaker Hulk. Now, If we are talking about Pre-Crisis Superman or Superman Prime (Golden One from DC 1 Million) then Superman curbstomps WWH horribly. Sorry but you aint doing ? to a ? who destroyed a solar system with A SNEEZE, moved a sun with his breath, went thousands of times the speed of light, traveled so fast he almost broke into heaven before Spectre intervened).

aaaa-1.jpg

Superboytowingplanets.jpg

aaaa3-1.gif

scaled.php?server=113&filename=action261120009ar2.jpg&res=landing

• Grahf
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Superman Prime is basically the same Superman who outlived everyone. He went to the edge of the universe and fought gods then came back and was the most powerful metahuman in existence. He then proceeded to grant his powers to his descendants then he went and SUNDIPPED for 15,000 years!!! Oh he also possesses the last Green Lantern power ring.

aaa11111.jpg

prim1.jpg

• Grahf
    edited July 2012
    Options
    One of Superman Prime's descendents is a ? beast too: Superman 1 Million. This ? doesnt have the magic weakness and has like all the Pre-Crisis powers PLUS ten added abilities because one of his ancestors married a queen imp from the 5th dimension (same as Mxyplyzyk).
    "The sum of the abilities of the Superman Dynasty as displayed by Superman M* is quite impressive. He is capable to travelling faster than the speed of light, he is also strong enough to punch through the time barrier, leap between planets and invulnerable to practically everything. Along with the traditional Kryptonian senses ten new abilities were added to the Dynasty by the marriage of a Superman to Queen Gzntplzk of the Fifth Dimension. These new abilities include techno-rapport (the ability to control computers), limited control of magnetism, genesis level intellect, super-ESP (a form of super-hypnosis), no longer susceptible to magic, the ability to think billions of different lines of thought at the same time, etc. However all these abilities are dependent on the covenant with Supermen Prime, they are his gifts to give or revoke at will."

A punch from Superman 1 Million can cause retcons. He can also create constructs without a ring

jla_sm27.jpg
    jla_sm22.jpg
    jla_sm24.jpg
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Doctopian wrote: »
    rage wrote: »
    So the ? CREATOR of the two characters telling you who is stronger means nothing...? ridiculous.

Considering the number of writers who followed him, it holds little weight at any period past the 1970s.
    King Thor KILLED the Hulk and The Thing at the same time......WITH ONE HAND!
    Key word. "King" as in Odin-powered Thor. His feats during that period are irrelevant.
    To be fair, when Thor fought the heroes, his access to the Odin power was cut off..King Thor was more ruthless than your average Thor because his humanity had been stripped from him, so he didn't really give a ? about killing Cap or whomever
    Thor holds back on the Hulk because he never had any intention of killing him. If Thor wanted to he could have killed Hulk.

there's some truth to this..
    I agree, but it has nothing to do with physical strength. Thor could theoretically beat the Hulk in any number of different ways if he fought intelligently, but brains were never Thor's strong suit.
    Agreed, but the writers have turned Thor into a brick with a hammer who occasionaly fires lighting..they forget about his more esoteric abilities
    He destroyed the ? SENTRY

Only because the Sentry/Void allowed him to do so. Before that, Thor was on his way to suffering the same fate as Ares.
    I disagree with this one..Ares is nowhere near Thor's powerlevel. Sentry fought Thor who just came back from his "sleep" who was operating on another level before they brought him back down..The Thor that fought Sentry/Void is similar to the World Breaker Hulk.
    Thor has always been more powerful than Hulk...its accepted Marvel Cannon....

"Canon," and yes, Mjolnir makes Thor the more powerful of the two, but he is not physically stronger than the Hulk, and you can't provide a shred of evidence from the comics to prove otherwise.
    how is this even up for debate??
    well there's evidence that Thor is on par with Hulk but you'd have to go back to the old days..In an old Avengers book, Thor explained how he forgets that he holds back in strength when dealing with mortals, this is why you see times when guys are able to hang with Thor in a fight, until he says ? it and turns it up a notch, similar to the Surfer. Even without Mjolnir, Thor still has his weather abilities and his Godly essence blast at his disposal. I won't argue who's stronger, since obviously the angrier Hulk gets, he will surpass Thor's strength level unless we're talking about King or Rune powered Thor here..

Regarding this fight, I agree with Doctopian. This is Superman's fight to lose, but if he lets the fight drag along, it'll be a wrap for him..He doesn't have mjolnir on his side.

• jaxn
    Options

Stop it, your just making yourself look dumb now. Stan himself has said that Thor was specifically created to be stronger than the Hulk. Hulk is nowhere near as strong as Thor. Thor is cosmic/skyfather level strong. Thor was conspicuously absent during WWH because of this specific fact.

I couldn't give a quarter of a ? about what Stan Lee said about their relative strength levels fifty years ago, new writers have told thousands of stories featuring both characters between then and now. Allow me to educate you...

4pt4l3.jpg

20gmxw7.jpg

Hulk overpowers Thor and knocks him out with his own hammer, but that isn't the first time that it has happened.

2cie8vc.jpg

2a3uv4.jpg

15hfy89.jpgAnd he wasn't caught off guard this time.j8obiu.jpg
    Thor admits that he could never beat the Hulk, possessed or otherwise. He knocks Hulk into orbit on the next page, but Thor knocks himself out in the process while Hulk was still conscious.
    I don't know if this was a good example to use though..despite what Thor said, he was able to beat a powered up Thing and a powered up Hulk in this very battle with no powerups...Hulk was only conscious because he was being powered up by the Serpent. His one shot would've killed the Thing if it wasn't for Franklin..

By the way, you said something about Thor and Superman having cosmic level strength...

vy9ppl.jpg

2wpqbzm.jpg

35k03dh.jpg

Let me know when either Thor or Superman are able to match that without some sort of external power up.

The Hulk was out of control during this whole Worldbreaker nonsense. These are definately his high showings
  • jaxn
    Options
    DarkRaiden wrote: »

Not tryna exaggerate, I used remember a website that had all of Hulk's fights, wins and losses, against various opponents, Spiderman(he actually lost a few embarrassingly enough), Thing(lost only like 2 as Professor Hulk), and of course Thor, where he lost almost everytime head up. Thor would beat him and the only way Hulk would win is catching him off guard or using cheap tactics. Just what I remember b.

It wasn't this site, was it? I've always recalled Hulk and Thor being far more evenly matched than that. Matter of fact, Hulk has shown to have the upper hand if Thor doesn't use Mjolnir (Thor #385).
    to be fair, there have been only a few times when Thor actually was in ? you mode when fighting the Hulk..other times, he's on some but you're my friend ? .
    Hulk has always had Thing's number, though the fights used to be a lot more even back in the day. The only times I recall him having an edge on Hulk is when his strength had been augmented in some way (Pineapple Thing vs. Joe Fix-it).
    right Fixit is the weakest version of Hulk, while Pineapple Thing was his strongest version..
    I remember a fight where Spider-Man dropped a cement truck on Hulk's head and Captain America knock him the ? out, but I take those showings with a few table spoons of salt.
    That spidey comic came out recently and yes it was nonsense..
    DarkRaiden wrote: »
    And I thought the what if comic had Thor killing Sentry who tied with Hulk.

I don't think that we're thinking about the same What-Ifs. The one I'm thinking of had Thor come back and fight the Hulk before the Sentry showed up. They were pretty evenly matched, but Thor did have the upper hand before the fight was stopped (though Thor did have a part of the Odinforce for a short period after his return).

Dark Raiden seems to be speaking about the canon title.
  • jaxn
    Options
    I know i typed this before, along with some other ? , but as far as the topic goes, I agree with Doctopian. this is Superman's fight to lose..if he engages him hard from the jump, than he can get a victory, otherwise the Hulk beats the ? out of him.

Thor and hulk are peers in strength...obviously Hulk can surpass him because that's his thing..however in an old Avengers book Thor states that he didn't realize how much he holds his strength back amongst the mortals because they are so fragile or something like that..he's a powerhouse. Thor and Hulk one time engage in a test of strength that went on for hours..Physically Hulk is superior but Thor is more powerful with or without Mjolnir..Thor still has his weather abilities and Godly essence blast without the hammer
  • Grahf
    Options
    Could be diff now with Hulk getting a push since PH, but interesting to note that general concensus around Marvel HQ had Juggernaut as the strongest on Earth.

Hero-Envy-Hulk-Juggernaut-424a.JPG
  • Doctopian
    Doctopian Members Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Given the recent scans, I should clarify that I've been debating using Pre-Flash Point Superman. Pre-Crisis (Silver Age), One Million, and Golden Prime blow any version of Hulk out of the water.

Regarding Hulk and Thor's historical standing, @jaxn is pretty much spot on (though I still scratch my head at the one hour stalemate they had). The only time I can recall Thor really cutting loose against the Hulk is during PAD's run when Quasi Warrior's Madness Thor went up against the Merged Hulk during his Young Maestro phase.

@Grahf, it's worth mentioning that Juggernaut was still able to match World War Hulk, but the Hulk he fought was entirely different from the one who manhandled the Illuminati and stalemated the Sentry.
  • jaxn
    Options
    Given the recent scans, I should clarify that I've been debating using Pre-Flash Point Superman. Pre-Crisis (Silver Age), One Million, and Golden Prime blow any version of Hulk out of the water.
    agreed. Pre-Crisis Supes and his future versions are beasts!!
    Regarding Hulk and Thor's historical standing, @jaxn is pretty much spot on (though I still scratch my head at the one hour stalemate they had). The only time I can recall Thor really cutting loose against the Hulk is during PAD's run when Quasi Warrior's Madness Thor went up against the Merged Hulk during his Young Maestro phase.
    these two have had some of the best battles in the history of comics..and it's funny because they're both heroes..
    @Grahf, it's worth mentioning that Juggernaut was still able to match World War Hulk, but the Hulk he fought was entirely different from the one who manhandled the Illuminati and stalemated the Sentry.

[/quote]
    right, didn't ? fight the Hulk right after he returned from Skaar, right before he just became ridiculously powerful? I don't think Cytorrak restored ? full power during that fight either
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    If WORLD WAR HULK vs Superman (and yes I am a fan of Hulk but im going to go in depth) i will chose WWH not only because Hulk was stronger than some ? 's and Cosmic Beings, it's because of BRUCE BANNER. WWH and Bruce Banner was at one, Bruce Banner for the first time agreed with Hulk and seen how Hulk was treated and how his world was destroyed, Not Only it was Hulk who was in love with his wife, Bruce Banner was in love to. Bruce Banner with his rage and intellect and with Hulk rage and strength that have no peak is to much but here is why.

BRUCE BANNER have no feelings for people at all, Bruce Banner is a cold and Manipulative person who's happen to be one of the 8th smartest person in the world who design weapons and gadgets called Banner Tech that is so high tech that even Amadeus Cho use it.

But back how cold and manipulative Banner is, Banner used and manipulate Tony Starks, Reed Richards, Hank Pym, T'challa and Amadeus to be captured by the Intelligencia so he can get to Modok, not carrying for the well being. Banner manipulate the worlds smartest people to do what he want to be done.

Bruce Banner manipulate his son Skaar to fight hero's and villians only for Skaar to get some training so he can ? Hulk, lol i mean Banner is one crazy ? up dude, but when he turned to the Hulk, Hulk almost killed his son and beat the living ? out of him so bad that the only way Skaar was to live was to hulk down to his kid self.

Or How Banner Manipulate Dr. Strange in WWH, when Dr. Strange was blowin that ? on some "IM sorcerer supreme and with a flick of a finger i can ? your life" or some ? like that, then after he was talking to the hulk trying to calm him down so he can revert to banner, banner had hulk to hulk down to banner and felled to his knees and when Strange reached out his hands to help banner up, banner turned back to hulk and crushed every bone in strange hand so he can work his magic, lol that the ? im talking about that will be played when hulk fights superman.

but the one thing that will have WWH to defeat Superman is that BANNER is a killer and he admitted it, that he killed his father and he don't have no regrets, that right there is why WWH will beat superman, Superman do not have that killer instinct, Banner will not think twice of killing superman and he will blame it on the hulk, lol.....

superman dont have it in him to ? , and banner will most likely have some kryptonite somewhere on deck hidden.