Obama administration stops deporting some young immigrants

d.green
d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in The Social Lounge
Str8 political move to get latino votes. Obama is obviously desperate right now

Illegal is f*cking illegal...kids and all. I dont think i will even vote this election.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/15/politics/immigration/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

===============================================================

Washington (CNN) -- In an election-year policy change, the Obama administration said Friday it will stop deporting young illegal immigrants who were brought to the United States as children if they meet certain requirements.

The new policy will cover people younger than 30 who came to the United States before the age of 16, pose no criminal or security threat, and were successful students or served in the military, the Department of Homeland Security announced.

It also will allow those meeting the requirements to apply for work permits, the statement said. The initial deferral of deportation will be for two years, and participants must be in the United States now and be able to prove they have been living in the country continuously for at least five years.

Why was 4-year-old American girl deported?

President Barack Obama will make a White House statement about the policy change Friday afternoon.

The move addresses a major concern of the Hispanic community and mimics some of the provisions of a Democratic proposal called the DREAM Act that has failed to win enough Republican support to gain congressional approval.

Obama has been criticized by Hispanic-American leaders for an overall increase in deportations of illegal aliens in recent years. Last year, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement removed 396,906 illegal immigrants, the largest number in the agency's history.

Comments

• CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    Obama playing chess out here
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    To all the jobless American citizens out there, your president just made your prospects for finding work a lot harder. Now young illegals are gonna come in and flood the gates, making the competition a lot harder by encouraging this. People from all over are gona come in with fake documents "proving" they were here for a long time.

Good luck ya'll!!!!
  • kingblaze84
    ^^I have a good job ? . Since when do I ask for a handout. This new policy will hurt American citizens looking for work, I know you're too stupid to understand that, but don't confuse me for a welfare queen. I pay bills and contribute to the economy.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To all the jobless American citizens out there, your president just made your prospects for finding work a lot harder. Now young illegals are gonna come in and flood the gates, making the competition a lot harder by encouraging this. People from all over are gona come in with fake documents "proving" they were here for a long time.

Good luck ya'll!!!!

those "illegals" are already over here and it's if you came over here under a certain age. Those kids deserve to get sent back even though they consider themselves Americans and their parents came over here illegally? No they don't. They're contributing to society in a positive way, let them live.
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2012

Good luck ya'll!!!!

those "illegals" are already over here and it's if you came over here under a certain age. Those kids deserve to get sent back even though they consider themselves Americans and their parents came over here illegally? No they don't. They're contributing to society in a positive way, let them live.

Aight cool. American citizens just have to suck it up. American citizens will now compete with illegals for work. And this is supposed to make Obama more popular with the avg American citizen? Okay no problem. I just feel bad for the tens of millions of young kids that will have an even harder time finding work now. Those kids are gona turn to more drastic ways to make income, making American society even more fragile but if this is perfectly okay with you, so be it. I got mines and a good education, so I guess I'll be okay either way. The youth on the other hand are ? now. They won't get hired over an illegal willing to work for slave wages.

I guess more flash mobs will be on the way than. No problem = )
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088

Good luck ya'll!!!!

Aight cool. American citizens just have to suck it up. American citizens will now compete with illegals for work. And this is supposed to make Obama more popular with the avg American citizen? Okay no problem. I just feel bad for the tens of millions of young kids that will have an even harder time finding work now. Those kids are gona turn to more drastic ways to make income, making American society even more fragile but if this is perfectly okay with you, so be it. I got mines and a good education, so I guess I'll be okay either way. The youth on the other hand are ? now. They won't get hired over an illegal willing to work for slave wages.

They have to do that now. Lmao @ all these white republicans thats bout to get mad. Illegal immigrants been making white people money for years. I live in texas, who the ? you think all these contractors hire out here???
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
  • money23
    money23 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭✭

Good luck ya'll!!!!

Let them talk bro they gonna be suffering soon enough I hate the decision hes just making the situation worse with the economy its now a whole lot harder to get a job good luck ?
  • C.Melendez
    C.Melendez Members Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭
    buisness is about to boom! time to pack those yolas
    lol
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    significant parts of the economy in some states rely on illegal immigrants, like it or not it's not the President's fault. no one here had a job taken from them by some illegal most of the jobs they do normal Americans don't want or won't do. you can have it like this or companies will just ship more jobs overseas then we won't have any of those jobs (and not just the gardeners and kitchen cafeteria workers.)

also they're talking about a 4 year old girl in this article ffs (and for people that lived here at least 5 years already), the country is big as ? anyway a lot smaller countries deal with a lot more immigrants than we do - there's more than enough room to accommodate some little kids and their families without having to condemn them to a life in some desolate ? in Mexico
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2012
    money23 wrote: »

Good luck ya'll!!!!

Let them talk bro they gonna be suffering soon enough I hate the decision hes just making the situation worse with the economy its now a whole lot harder to get a job good luck ?

Yea some people here don't understand that now, but their children will soon enough.....millions of kids can't find good jobs now, even little summer jobs. What they gona do now? Especially after this position now by Obama? Again, I wish the kids and even elderly good luck, ya'll better be prepared for the flash mobs coming your way now.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    reaperbong wrote: »
    significant parts of the economy in some states rely on illegal immigrants, like it or not it's not the President's fault. no one here had a job taken from them by some illegal most of the jobs they do normal Americans don't want or won't do. you can have it like this or companies will just ship more jobs overseas then we won't have any of those jobs (and not just the gardeners and kitchen cafeteria workers.)

also they're talking about a 4 year old girl in this article ffs (and for people that lived here at least 5 years already), the country is big as ? anyway a lot smaller countries deal with a lot more immigrants than we do - there's more than enough room to accommodate some little kids and their families without having to condemn them to a life in some desolate ? in Mexico

thank you.....
  • heyslick
    heyslick Members Posts: 1,179
    money23 wrote: »

Good luck ya'll!!!!

Yea some people here don't understand that now, but their children will soon enough.....millions of kids can't find good jobs now, even little summer jobs. What they gona do now? Especially after this position now by Obama? Again, I wish the kids and even elderly good luck, ya'll better be prepared for the flash mobs coming your way now.

Yeah! the future/summer is looking real bright. -- Flash mobs,riots if Obama doesn't get reelected,riots if Zimmerman goes free & guess who the culprits are. Yelp we got great race relations in America & there getting better everyday LOL. Dontcha just love the lingering/subliminal threats that get made within? ironically there's a lot truth within said threats as well.

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    lol @ an illegal actually taking a job from an american citizen
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    In order to become legal, you actually have to do ? honestly and contribute to society. That means to become legal citizens, they will have to pay taxes on a a legal income. You can't take legal American jobs unless you are qualified to. Now, they will have to compete with others for on-the-books jobs where they will either be better which guarantees them a job anyway, or fail which are the same options all Americans have.

Illegals get off-the-books jobs that are non competitive with our workforce because their employers are breaking the law. How will they continue to hire all of the illegals when the illegals in question have to walk a straight line to become legal. The real argument that these racist have is that the people that are being granted a chance at citizenship are non whites. You took these peoples land and they decided to come home. Don't get mad now.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    The real argument that these racist have is that the people that are being granted a chance at citizenship are non whites.
    ...or, more likely, Hispanic whites
    You took these peoples land and they decided to come home. Don't get mad now.
    not exactly sure what this means since we're not exactly talking about Native Americans here

• Jabu_Rule
    edited June 2012
    janklow wrote: »
    The real argument that these racist have is that the people that are being granted a chance at citizenship are non whites.
    not exactly sure what this means since we're not exactly talking about Native Americans here

Most illegal immigrants are of Amerindian descent and on the west coast and in the southwest, the people that were displaced were the same people.

• Jabu_Rule

Most south of the border illegal immigrants are of Native descent and many have African blood (even if they don't want to admit it) and on the West Coast and in the Southwest, these were the same people.

• janklow
    Most south of the border illegal immigrants are of Native descent-
    most are of Native American descent? this is probably more like "most are mostly white, if not just plain white, with a fair chance of having SOME Native American descent."

ultimately, here's the thing: Mexico is a country created by Spanish dudes showing up. Mexicans don't really have the right to claim "Mexico was here first."
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    well, every time i visit Spain i'm surprised at how white everybody is, there's a lot of blonde hair - blue eye people even, they look nothing like Mexicans. i think it's fair to say Mexicans look the way they do because they tend to have significant Native American genes in their blood i.e. they obviously look much more Native American than European
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? bless Obama.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited June 2012
    Most south of the border illegal immigrants are of Native descent-
    most are of Native American descent? this is probably more like "most are mostly white, if not just plain white, with a fair chance of having SOME Native American descent."

ultimately, here's the thing: Mexico is a country created by Spanish dudes showing up. Mexicans don't really have the right to claim "Mexico was here first."

Lol, are you serious? i said south of the border which means all of Central and South America. Not all illegals are Mexican and most of them look like short mountain people who are ancestors of the Amerindians. Also, the Spaniards were known to stick their ? in everything. On top of that, even being mostly white isn't good enough for the racist over here but it does help a lot of Latin Americans thumb their nose at even darker people of African Descent. It's a vicious cycle.

Mexico and Latin America, like the US was created by foreign agents but became their own entity. I was mainly talking about the displaced Natives and their ancestors that were everywhere without the borders of today and they still venture into these lands (even if considered illegal).

• Jabu_Rule
    edited June 2012
    reaperbong wrote: »
    well, every time i visit Spain i'm surprised at how white everybody is, there's a lot of blonde hair - blue eye people even, they look nothing like Mexicans. i think it's fair to say Mexicans look the way they do because they tend to have significant Native American genes in their blood i.e. they obviously look much more Native American than European

At one point they were mixed with Berbers but the Germanic came from the mountains kicked everybody out (including Jews). This was the precursor for their world conquest.
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teens unemployment is at the highest its ever been. Adults are taking their jobs and now they have to compete with illegals?
  • janklow
    Lol, are you serious? i said south of the border which means all of Central and South America.
    pretty sure the same concept of white guys showing up and making up countries applies throughout all of the above
    Not all illegals are Mexican and most of them look like short mountain people who are ancestors of the Amerindians.
    i would think the argument you'd be making here would be "most of them look like short mountain people, the Native Americans who are ancestors of the people i'm talking about" ... but it's not most of them
    Mexico and Latin America, like the US was created by foreign agents but became their own entity. I was mainly talking about the displaced Natives and their ancestors that were everywhere without the borders of today and they still venture into these lands (even if considered illegal).
    okay, but for example, if a Mexican guy says "just heading back to my old lands" and you consider Mexico's existence legitimate because it is its own entity ... then shouldn't the US ALSO be considered its own entity, able to tell non-citizens to stay off their land? because it's not like Native Americans all got along in ancient harmony