40+ still living at home with parents

Options
KINGOFDAARCADE
KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in The Powder Room
Its normal if they are divorced, have kids, paying child support, etc.... or if their parents are old and they need to stay home to take care of them.

But otherwise... 40+ years old and still living at home with mom and dad = Loser

correct?

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You looking for validation?
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    You looking for validation?

Not at all. Im nowhere close to 40, and don't live at home.
  • VIBE
    Options
    I'd say yes, you're a loser for living at home with your parents if you can live on your own. It's an easy way out of life, I know a man who's 44 living with his mother and she still babys him. She nurtures him when sick, makes all his meals, shops for him etc
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    40 hell 30 to long if you ask me...i moved out when i was 18 so even 30 might be to long.
  • senior
    senior Members Posts: 13
    Options
    I see nothing wrong with living with your parents at any age. I hate living alone. It's boring and lonely. And I'd hate for my parents to live alone as well.
  • MissK
    MissK Members Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd say yes, you're a loser for living at home with your parents if you can live on your own. It's an easy way out of life, I know a man who's 44 living with his mother and she still babys him. She nurtures him when sick, makes all his meals, shops for him etc

Damn, so she never cut that cord...

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    as long as you're paying rent and bills i see no issue with it

maybe they wanna be close to their parents and hate living alone
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thats embarrassing
  • VIBE
    Options
    ~SpecialK~ wrote: »

Damn, so she never cut that cord...

Nope. He works and ? too, she still does everything for him. She bought him his 2010 Shelby Mustang, in which he lost to my wife's mother in their recent divorce.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hold up.... How the wife momma coming up in the divorce too?!?
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Unless you taking care of your elderly parents that can't take care of themselves, living at home at 40 shouldnt be exceptable.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    my uncle lauce
  • Trockm
    Trockm Members Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    Options
    i know a few ppl like that and they are the most pathetic, sad excuses for grown men.

most of them even have the money to move out, they just don't want to. Mommas boy at 40+ years old. They're all miserable, but can't be bothered to leave the nest.

• 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In some cases it"s pathetic. You get a pass only if either one of your parents died and the other half needs someone to get over the passing,or if both parents are sick but it's a pass only if you have a good job and set money wise!!!
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    case by case scenario..

life doesn't always go the way we want.....bad decisions happen, and reality can be an awfully humbling experience....

as long as you're not a burden on the people you're living with, it doesn't matter who you stay with, whether it's family, friends, parents, or random roomates...

wherever you are as long as you take care of yourself i can't see how you're a loser...
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It depends on the person family situation. You cant really judge without looking inside of the book properly.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    there's ? out here living with their girls, but ain't been to work in years..don't cook, don't clean, don't even actively look for work, don't watch the kids....just ask their chick for her money to blow, takes her car out with no license.....and if he ain't doing that he in the house playing video games all day smoking weed....

and you mean to tell me i'm more of a loser than that ? ??

yea ok...
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    Options
    ^ I covered that in the OP. Theres a few circumstances where you get a pass. Otherwise..... its pathetic.

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    these ? that used to live on the block my ex lived on they were the definition of bums