R.I.P. Rodney King (Should someone do a tribute song in Hip Hop?)

Options
rapmastermind
rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in The Social Lounge
Say what you will but the man and what happen to him is Legendary in American History and Race Relations as well as police brutaility. He will never be forgotten. He just released a Book a few months ago called "The Riot Within":

mehjoo20120421233538467.jpg

The%2BRiot%2BWithin%2BRodney%2BKing.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodney_King

http://www.tmz.com/2012/06/17/rodney-king-dead/

Comments

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    ? , I had to go look it up that he died
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpwJiRBo_AY

• GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    Options
    huh rodney king is dead??
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    literally
    20 years later

hmmmmmm

tin foil hat time

• idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • curtis75black
    curtis75black Members Posts: 606
    Options
    There's no reason to do a tribute to a event where nothing good came out of it. His life wasn't all that positive after the fact either. We've had too many Hip Hop joints in the 90's all about the riots not much about the man himself. RIP
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn RIP...no doubt expect to see lots of racist comments and post via the internet comments sections of articles.
  • Supreme_Mind999
    Supreme_Mind999 Members Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.I.P brotha...You no longer have to suffer in this draconian society
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Rip to the brother his verdict sparked the la riots.
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    damn RIP...no doubt expect to see lots of racist comments and post via the internet comments sections of articles.

Them mufuckas will say racist ? no matter who it is ? . That's why i tryna tell ? that yeah you have a few cool white people out there but most of them white people, jews, muslims, arabs, eastern european mufuckas and many more dont have the best interest for any black person trust me.

? even now i read that there's this big soccer tournement going on in eastern europe i believe and you know how many stories theres out there of the crowd be throwing in bananas and making monkey noizes to the black players and all that..and the ? just havent even been on for 2 weeks yet.

• GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    Options
    CirocObama wrote: »
    Them mufuckas will say racist ? no matter who it is ? . That's why i tryna tell ? that yeah you have a few cool white people out there but most of them white people, jews, muslims, arabs, eastern european mufuckas and many more dont have the best interest for any black person trust me.

? even now i read that there's this big soccer tournement going on in eastern europe i believe and you know how many stories theres out there of the crowd be throwing in bananas and making monkey noizes to the black players and all that..and the ? just havent even been on for 2 weeks yet.

i seen that it was blk playerz from da dutch, italy & czech that them crackaz was doin that racist ? 2 anybody that thinkz racism is dead especially ova herr n white emerica is dumb as ? racism aint goin no wherr that ? is herr 4EVA!
  • Supreme_Mind999
    Supreme_Mind999 Members Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Ya'll really surprised when white people are racist? lol..Its encoded in their genetics to be racist..They are genetically reccessive beings so its natural for them to have hatred for people who are superior to them as far as DNA is concerned..Nubians jump higher, run faster, rap with soul, dance better etc..The bones of lucy proves that black ppl were the first ppl on the planet and that every race and sub race spawned from african progenitors..White archeologists uncover these bones and become upset when they find out they are of nubian hertiage so they try to hide the truth

They gotta keep us doped up,in the club spellbound,not unifying with each other,hating each other while they run empires and make us the consumer footstool of the world...
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Iceberg Slick
    Iceberg Slick Members Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RIP Rodney King. Remember the riots and whether he liked it or not Rodney King was the unwilling catalyst for better changes. Thank you Obama for also eliminating the discriminatory laws dealing with charging discrepancies of ? compared with powdered ? . Now cops have less excuses to harass someone just cause they DWB (driving while black or brown).
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    The bones of lucy proves that black ppl were the first ppl on the planet and that every race and sub race spawned from african progenitors..White archeologists uncover these bones and become upset when they find out they are of nubian hertiage so they try to hide the truth
    considering that i hear white archaeologists talking about life originating in Africa ALL THE TIME, this doesn't even make any sense
  • heyslick
    heyslick Members Posts: 1,179
    Options
    Ya'll really surprised when white people are racist? lol..Its encoded in their genetics to be racist..They are genetically reccessive beings so its natural for them to have hatred for people who are superior to them as far as DNA is concerned..Nubians jump higher, run faster, rap with soul, dance better etc..The bones of lucy proves that black ppl were the first ppl on the planet and that every race and sub race spawned from african progenitors..White archeologists uncover these bones and become upset when they find out they are of nubian hertiage so they try to hide the truth

They gotta keep us doped up,in the club spellbound,not unifying with each other,hating each other while they run empires and make us the consumer footstool of the world...

Yelp! and you'll pass that mindset onto to the next generation - so they can complain for another generation just like you do - why do black people keep doing this? then they wonder why others don't wanna be around you and yours.SO black people have superior genes/DNA - huh? YET they can't seem to get along with others, and are always sniveling about being victimized - wow!

• Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »

Yelp! and you'll pass that mindset onto to the next generation - so they can complain for another generation just like you do - why do black people keep doing this? then they wonder why others don't wanna be around you and yours.SO black people have superior genes/DNA - huh? YET they can't seem to get along with others, and are always sniveling about being victimized - wow!

So you admit that all the ? that your ancestors did to ours was passed down from generation to generation and we have a reason not to trust you. Thanks heyslick. We don't wanna be around you and yours. Ya'll wiggers wanna be around us fiending to say ? like it's going out of style. I mean, look how you hang around us all the time. smh.
  • heyslick
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    heyslick wrote: »

So you admit that all the ? that your ancestors did to ours was passed down from generation to generation and we have a reason not to trust you. Thanks heyslick. We don't wanna be around you and yours. Ya'll wiggers wanna be around us fiending to say ? like it's going out of style. I mean, look how you hang around us all the time. smh.

That was you assuming you know all about my family tree - LMAO! Them wiggers may wanna be around you and yours & calling one another the N word until the cows come home - fyi this dude/me is known for 'hanging in by hanging out' & it don't have nothing/anything to do with the brothers! - I lead or set good examples man,I turn heads within my community & my Icon status - speaks for itself - don't be jealous now - LOL!

• JJ 1975
    JJ 1975 Members Posts: 336
    Options
    RIP Rodney King. Wonder how he drown in that pool? They say he was a good swimmer. Wondering what the reports will show.
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    GeE-757 wrote: »
    CirocObama wrote: »

i seen that it was blk playerz from da dutch, italy & czech that them crackaz was doin that racist ? 2 anybody that thinkz racism is dead especially ova herr n white emerica is dumb as ? racism aint goin no wherr that ? is herr 4EVA!

? not just players from those teams even more players than that. That's why i'm always tryna show love and reach to my peoples in real life and try not to commit crime or pain to my own people and i've done a very good job so far. ? them other fools though. I always try to show my folks a way if i can and really do it not in that phony "look at me i'm a good person, i care" type of way. I always have that black pride in my heart but on the flip though i lose alot because of it.

At the same i think every black person, especially us black males, have alot of resentment towards fellow black men and/or women especially because of our lack of relationships with other black males/females whether it's in the streets, our everyday circle or just our fathers/mothers or whatever. Since most black people come from the hood, which is a poor place with nothing but people with broken dreams, broken spirits and desperately tryna find a way out, we kinda grow up around the worst type of black folks possible. I think alot of us got alot of hate towards our own people whether we admit it or not but at the same time knowing that we're all the same and the only ones we got when it comes down to it we always try to stick together. That's why black folks almost always only stick together when our backs are against the wall.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Supreme_Mine999
    LOL

You're a ? , it's clear. You're spewing lies with no facts. How does it feel to have to make ? up to fit the bill? Does it make you feel more better?
  • Iceberg Slick
    Iceberg Slick Members Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We learned from the Rodney King beating. Whitey learned from the Rodney King beating. If whitey gets out of pocket again we can unite and riot and next time it wont be in our hoods but on some Beverly Hills ? .
  • heyslick
    Options
    We learned from the Rodney King beating. Whitey learned from the Rodney King beating. If whitey gets out of pocket again we can unite and riot and next time it wont be in our hoods but on some Beverly Hills ? .

Yeah! how come that keeps happening? Blacks riot and destroy there own communities. SO now we got several pending riots - U would think by now someone should be able to organise these events like they do when those flash mobs happen - IMO blacks aren't gonna be happy until they destroy stuff & it has to be white peoples stuff.