In about 50 years ? will be phased out.

Options
God-I_Am_Ether
God-I_Am_Ether Members Posts: 3,409
edited June 2012 in R & R (Religion and Race)

Comments

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 years no

500 years maybe.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, how many people gen X Y and Z go to religious services regularly?
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    never thought about it, but yea...too many ppl already are living young wild n free... YOLO... giving no ? so in 50 years when we're all old heads the youth wont be bible huggin at all
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was bound to happen sooner or later.

The thing about that though, is whenever something like that is conquered or defeated, something new takes it's place.

I wonder what the general public will replace religion with.

I hope it is science, but this species has let me down too many times for me to be certain that we will take that path.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's gonna happen in the next 50 years that hasn't happened in thousands?
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We will advance in technology and grow to understand there isn't a higher power and we are ? , in 100 years ? will sit along with myths such as; Santa, Easter Bunny, Leprachans, Nessie etc and will be laughable.
  • ChromaStoned
    ChromaStoned Members Posts: 938 ✭✭✭
    Options
    muslims dont appear to be slowing any
  • lighthearted26
    lighthearted26 Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People have an inherent need to believe in something bigger than themselves so I don't think believing in ? will be phased out. Its a natural instinct but organized religion will differ.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The existence of ? can't be proven or disproven, either you believe or you don't.
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I believe in a higher power, not necessarily ? . I feel we are put here to fend for ourselves and ? /the devil is within..

Seriously, once it came out that priests were playin butt games with kids in the church it made it hard to believe in ? like the church, the bible and prayer.
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    Options
    SleepwalkingInJapan
    6:51PM Posts: 751
    never thought about it, but yea...too many ppl already are living young wild n free... YOLO... giving no ? so in 50 years when we're all old heads the youth wont be bible huggin at all

Believing in ? doesn't determine if one lives wild and free.
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    Options
    u know what i mean bruh...morals will be at a minimum
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I believe in a higher power, not necessarily ? . I feel we are put here to fend for ourselves and ? /the devil is within..

Seriously, once it came out that priests were playin butt games with kids in the church it made it hard to believe in ? like the church, the bible and prayer.

You won't believe the power that the Catholic church lost in the last 20 years. More people are leaving organized religion cause it is proven that it doesn't hold people accountable to their actions or their irrational thinking. There are more women that are turning atheist now. Imagine that? That Catholic Church scandal is just the beginning. Once these baby boomers go out of this society, imagine how ? is gonna be.
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    Options
    [quoteSleepwalkingInJapan
    7:40PM Posts: 752
    u know what i mean bruh...morals will be at a minimum][/quote]
    Again morals have nothing to do with ? .

egzIT.png

Do the research. Non religous countries Tend to have the least amount of crime.
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    Options
    u know what i mean bruh

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wild Self wrote: »
    Yeah, how many people gen X Y and Z go to religious services regularly?

Going to church and believing in ? are 2 different things ? is not going away
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Aliens will prove to be the true ? in 50 years
  • NIKE...
    NIKE... Members Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I made this thread already and did it without leading off with a video...

? you weak
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Life as we know it is going to be TOTALLY different within 20 years. People are going to WISH they knew ? real soon.....
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People have an inherent need to believe in something bigger than themselves so I don't think believing in ? will be phased out. Its a natural instinct but organized religion will differ.

I agree. People will always believe in a ? of some sort. I do hope religion dies out though.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Wild Self wrote: »

You won't believe the power that the Catholic church lost in the last 20 years. More people are leaving organized religion cause it is proven that it doesn't hold people accountable to their actions or their irrational thinking. There are more women that are turning atheist now. Imagine that? That Catholic Church scandal is just the beginning. Once these baby boomers go out of this society, imagine how ? is gonna be.

I agree, the Catholic Church has been one if the biggest reasons people are leaving the church and religion altogether. Religion has lost its influence in most societies, and that's a good thing. The Bible has done a lot to poison the minds of society, ask Columbus and ? .
  • (UNKNOWN)
    (UNKNOWN) Members Posts: 787
    Options
    Im shocked he been around this long
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yall ? on da internet to much... ? gone believe in ? till the end of time... cuz life ends one day 4 all us and if u think "nothing happens" then life has no meaning... and do u think that if 2billion plus people find out that "nothing happens" total chaos won't happen?
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah, humans are too foolish to let go of such foolish notions.